Replies: 25 (Who?), Viewed: 2828 times.
Page 1 of 2
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 4:54 PM
Default Ariana Grande Sim
Hi all,
I've been working on this for quite some time... actually, I didn't really intend to upload this sim, I only created her to showcase this upload. But then, I received requests of actually uploading the sim, so I thought I might create a CFF thread first.

Btw, I try to make this as CC-free as possible... Though, I chose this converted hairstyle from TS3 named EP3LongShoulder3t2 by chazzhay in the screenshots because... well, I didn't know which one suits her best. I think a ponytail hair is a must... but the ones already in the game don't really suit her in my opinion. Anyway, if you have a suggestion for a hair, please let me know!

I might also consider providing a 'no CC version' and another version with only a few CCs (such as a clothing piece and/or 1 hairstyle)

What do you think? How can I improve this sim?
Any comments/thoughts/suggestions/critism would be highly appreciated!

[

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 10:27 PM Last edited by fascisthater : 18th Jul 2020 at 10:52 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawusa
Hi all,
I've been working on this for quite some time... actually, I didn't really intend to upload this sim, I only created her to showcase this upload. But then, I received requests of actually uploading the sim, so I thought I might create a CFF thread first.

Btw, I try to make this as CC-free as possible... Though, I chose this converted hairstyle from TS3 named EP3LongShoulder3t2 by chazzhay in the screenshots because... well, I didn't know which one suits her best. I think a ponytail hair is a must... but the ones already in the game don't really suit her in my opinion. Anyway, if you have a suggestion for a hair, please let me know!

I might also consider providing a 'no CC version' and another version with only a few CCs (such as a clothing piece and/or 1 hairstyle)

What do you think? How can I improve this sim?
Any comments/thoughts/suggestions/critism would be highly appreciated!

[

I think this looks good overall. I don't remeber what is possible without mods on sims 2 create a sim but if possible I think you should give forehead a more convex shape. The nose I would try to make less concave but not necessarily convex. The chin seems more pronounced in the photo. The shade of lipstick also seems lighter in some pictures. Earrings are also prominent in pictures. Again, I don't remember what is possible in sims 2 without cc and these are just suggestions to use or ignore as you see fit.
Screenshots
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 11:31 PM
I think there are custom sliders which can do that and well, I do use custom sliders (and have also used them while creating this sim) - in TS2 the downloader doesn't have to download the custom sliders in order to install the sim, so it's still considered as CC-free! I'll try to make the forehead and nose more convex, thank you for the tip!

As for lipstick... well, I wasn't sure whether I should go with the darker one or with the lighter one. I can't decide which one looks better on her, lol.

As for earrings, well, I completely forgot about them, lol. There are earrings in the game, I think they came with the Bon Voyage EP, so I'll definitively make an use of them!
Overall, thank you very much for your feedback, I really appreciate it!
Screenshots

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Site Helper
#4 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 11:45 PM
You are welcome. Perhaps others can provide you with more insights as to how to improve your sim.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Jul 2020 at 5:54 PM
I edited the nose and the chin a little... as for the forehead, well I tried to make it rounder but it doesn't really work... also with lowering the ears a little.
But I could change the lips and eyeliner a little - does that look more like Ariana Grande now?

Also, I found a BG outfit which looks more casual, so maybe I'll go with that one instead. Lol.
In my eyes, it looks like something Ariana would wear... hopefully.

Any suggestions/thoughts/critism welcome!
Screenshots

My Simblr
Site Helper
#6 Old 20th Jul 2020 at 11:03 PM
I think the changes you have made bring your sim closer to the look of the person in pictures. The eye makeup change you have implemented looks very good to me also.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 1:40 AM
Quote:
I edited the nose and the chin a little... as for the forehead, well I tried to make it rounder but it doesn't really work... also with lowering the ears a little.
But I could change the lips and eyeliner a little - does that look more like Ariana Grande now?

Also, I found a BG outfit which looks more casual, so maybe I'll go with that one instead. Lol.
In my eyes, it looks like something Ariana would wear... hopefully.

Any suggestions/thoughts/critism welcome!

Loves what you did with her facial features, I don't think that with dials (sliders) only, we can get beyond that, anyways it's possible helped with a good morphing tool like Blacksmith3D and its awesome sculpting chisels/hammers. (brushes)

If you decide to upload her, you can be sure I'll fave her, because I love your work, I cannot say the same about the Ea's content used.

I'm not creating sims/sims stuff anymore, but I'm still in the creative path, check part of my current creations at my J.R.'s Angels page
Feel free to call me J.R., all my friends calls me in that way.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Aug 2020 at 9:08 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 16th Aug 2020 at 11:49 AM.
As for the sim, I think she's ready... (unless someone spots an issue, lol)
But I also decided to recreate her grammy dress... Its shape looks alright to me (in CAS/BodyShop) but in-game...  just look at those animations! :D

Is there a way to fix that? Probably it has to do with bone assignments, right?
(And yeah, I have to fix those textures anyway, it's just to see how the mesh fits into the texture)
Screenshots

My Simblr
Field Researcher
#9 Old 17th Aug 2020 at 5:48 AM Last edited by jotaerre : 23rd Aug 2020 at 5:30 AM. Reason: typos
Quote:
Is there a way to fix that? Probably it has to do with bone assignments, right?

@Jawusa Wow, If I'm not wrong about the dress, you've selected a very difficult outfit to work with.

And yeah you're right, it has to do with bone assignments, more than that I think it has to do with vertex weights in the area where bones involved join, by your screenshots I'm assuming it's between the Calf and thigh bones, weights are the measure of how bones moves influences vertices moves, more heavy weight will move them more, lighter weight, less move, in the screenshot I've selected the right calf bone, notice the color of assigned vertices from red the heavier to green the lighter ones in the knee and ankle areas.

Solution will rely on 2 factors, 1 how many rows of vertices you have in the problem area, (more rows, more possibilities, but more work) and 2 how much patience you have, as it is a tedious task, maybe you'll have to re-assign some vertices, maybe not, but for sure you'll have to deal with their weights for both bones involved in every leg of the skeleton, to be honest I'd give up, my patience is not so good these days, (I'm getting old and hence a bit grumpy) but that's me, fortunately for you, you are not me.
A tight hug!
J.R.

I'm not creating sims/sims stuff anymore, but I'm still in the creative path, check part of my current creations at my J.R.'s Angels page
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Aug 2020 at 4:09 PM
@jotaerre
Yep, it's that dress, I tried to recreate her outfit which she's worn at the Grammy's 2020 - but this dress is incredibly huge, making it difficult to recreate, lol!

I attempted to re-assign and change the vertex height a bit... I think the animations are better now in that area, it looked much worse before...
But when she walks, the bottom part still clips through... is there a way to fix that as well? Maybe in a way that her shoes can't be seen when she walks?

Either way, I've taken this bonus screenshot... you know, it's quite easy to use stairs with an outfit like this, isn't it? Lol! :D
Screenshots

My Simblr
Field Researcher
#11 Old 17th Aug 2020 at 5:01 PM
Wow, it was a great improvement, @Jawusa as possible fix I'd try re-assigning all vertices in the bottom part of the dress that are assigned to feet, to the toes bones instead of the feet ones, as toes bones tends to stay closer to the floor than feet ones, once again you have to play with their weights, only dress vertices, keep the feet as is.

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th Aug 2020 at 6:39 PM
Alright, I've tried to assign the toe bones to the bottom... and I think this made it work more or less? (Unless the sim's not running, lol!)

While I was at it, I noticed that her facial features still aren't quite right... I think the chin's a bit too long? Lol.
Is there anything else which needs improvement? :p

Screenshots

My Simblr
Field Researcher
#13 Old 17th Aug 2020 at 6:56 PM
Agree, I'd make it shorter, to get more or less about 2 thirds of its actual lenght.

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 21st Aug 2020 at 12:32 AM
I think I made it worse? :/
I tried to change the chin... but then the face looked different, so I did some adjustments here and there. Then the previous sim looked nothing like Ariana to me in BodyShop, but then again, after putting the screenshots together in-game, I noticed that the previous version is actually closer to Ariana? Lol!

What do you think? Did I screw it up?

Screenshots

My Simblr
Field Researcher
#15 Old 23rd Aug 2020 at 5:56 AM Last edited by jotaerre : 23rd Aug 2020 at 7:54 AM. Reason: Spelling/grammar check and minor fixes to text.
Hi my friend, sorry for the belated reply, I'm in shame as I entered MTS several times and didn't visit this thread, every version has its own charm, I like both of them, I'd keep version 1 as an ace up to the sleeve, a sort of "plan b" and work a bit more the V2, its chin length is closer to what you're looking for, then I'd make its tip just a small bit narrow, on the other hand the move done in the chin made more noticeable some sort of bump in the character cheeks, close to her lips, (it also can be effect of game's light) I'd narrow it just a bit and at same time I would make the Jaw end wider and lower, from now on just small touches and test, I think you're going by the right way.

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 28th Aug 2020 at 4:33 PM
Hi @jotaerre
It's completely fine, no need to apologize, loll. I've been busy myself too in the last few days, so I couldn't work on this as much as I wanted.

Anyway, I changed the chin once again, and slightly altered the lips and the nose a little...
But the chin turned out a bit like the previous version, lol? I did raise the chin and then I adjusted the height of the other features and then... the chin looked like before? Probably because I changed the lip shape.

But I guess, the chin still is too long... right?
And should I raise the lip corners a little, too?

Screenshots

My Simblr
Field Researcher
#17 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 5:06 AM Last edited by jotaerre : 29th Aug 2020 at 5:18 AM.
Well, I did a small caper with your V3 picture, looked on the net for a more frontal portrait of Ariana and blended both images, i used the nose tips to center both pics her facial features are very well located, despites Ariana's head is still leaning a bit to our left and a bit down, I'd only make the sim Jaw corner wider, taking in account Ariana's pose, I'd say about the half of the gap in the blended image, maybe I'd make her eyes just a click smaller, and just a click (no more than a single click in both cases) upper, keeping the brows in its current position, and make a test with some semi realistic custom skin and eyes, maybe Corvidophile's dermalicious exotic with eyes from Stefan, Anva or LaPink, just for the test pics, I absolutely agree with your idea of sharing her with original base game content only.

Image is really wide, download it and check in its full size at home.

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 1st Sep 2020 at 6:47 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 1st Sep 2020 at 10:09 PM.
I tried to edit her chin and lips a bit more, and also managed to give her slight asymmetrical eye brows like in the pictures. Lol!

Edit to add: Oh, I completely forgot about trying the custom eyes and skins, lol. The next time I take screenshots, I'll download these. Sorry! :/
This is how she currenty looks like.

Also, I've also tried to recreate different outfits (except the "boyfriend" outfit) from her various music videos of her "Thank U, Next" album. One of them I've already uploaded here some time back.

And here's the rest. Should I upload them alongside? (Btw, the "boyfriend" outfit mesh is by vulrien-sims and can be downloaded here. )
Screenshots

My Simblr
Field Researcher
#19 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 6:20 PM
It seems that her release is becoming imminent and that is true cool, well done job, congrats! for the upload I'd select the Grammy award to go with the sim in her sims2pack file, after all you worked a lot in that outfit and hence it deserves a prominent place in the upload, and set the 7 rings and buwygib in a separate zip/rar/7z file, in the same DL post on in a separate one, it's up to you to decide which method to upload them but don't let them out, I love how they look, above all the seven rings texture and think I could reuse them for one of my fave shapes, possibly Fitchick.

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 6:42 PM
Lol! One thing though, should I make these outfits formal only or everyday+formal? Currently, they are everyday because of laziness. So I can create those sims in CAS and all :P
But it's kinda weird to see people wearing dresses like these as everydy clothes, isn't it? LOL!

Since some TS2 Nightlife dresses are also in the everyday category, I might make the "7 rings" and "break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored" (kinda long name to name a song? So that's why I just went with buwygib XD) outfits both everyday + formal, but yeah, I'd like to hear your feedback on that.

Oh, and could you please do this face blend thing again? It really helped me to adjust various things, such as eye size/nose height, etc.

My Simblr
Field Researcher
#21 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 11:02 PM Last edited by jotaerre : 2nd Sep 2020 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Add picture
Quote:
Lol! One thing though, should I make these outfits formal only or everyday+formal? Currently, they are everyday because of laziness. So I can create those sims in CAS and all :P
But it's kinda weird to see people wearing dresses like these as everydy clothes, isn't it? LOL!

Since some TS2 Nightlife dresses are also in the everyday category, I might make the "7 rings" and "break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored" (kinda long name to name a song? So that's why I just went with buwygib XD) outfits both everyday + formal, but yeah, I'd like to hear your feedback on that.

I'd put the flag for everyday too, then if people wants it on one or other way, they can have it.

Quote:
Oh, and could you please do this face blend thing again? It really helped me to adjust various things, such as eye size/nose height, etc.

Yeah, no problem, i'll make it again with your last portrait pic.

EDIT: here we go:

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 3rd Sep 2020 at 10:57 AM
Squee, the facial features almost line up!

I tried to use some CC though... but I'm not sure if I use the right ones? Lol.

Screenshots

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 3rd Sep 2020 at 3:42 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 3rd Sep 2020 at 4:09 PM.
@jotaerre I didn't quite like the previous CC on her, so i went with something more Maxis Match and actually, it turned out a bit better in my opinion?

I'm still not quite a fan of the lips/chin..
Something's odd... the rest should be fine I guess?
Screenshots

My Simblr
Field Researcher
#24 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 2:53 AM
I like both versions, despite I dislike MM genetics even more than maxis ones, I have to admit that the MM version looks pretty well, as the skin is very clean, flat for my tastes but clean, also I noticed another improvement in the MM pic, a better lighting, a stronger light dissipates the weird shadows I've seen in the previous shots, about the lips I like how they look in the last couple of pics, the custom and the MM, I'd leave them as is, same thing with the chin, (real Ariana's chin can fool us, as in any pic it looks different) but if you prefer, may make it 1 single click shorter and reduce/narrow the lips another single click.

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 11:02 PM
I used some more contour & highlight makeup to make the face look less "flat" and I'm actually quite happy how she turned out, lol. :P
So, I'll upload her in the next few days! Phew, I started to work on her face back in July? And it's September now, lol. I never thought creating a sim can take that long.

But thank you very much for the helpful feedback you'd always give me, I appreciate that a lot!

My Simblr
Page 1 of 2