Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 3rd Sep 2020 at 4:38 AM
Hey do I just download those files and put it inside my mods folder? Or do I need to do something because I'm not for quite sure how tuning files work. I have nraas retuner, not sure if I need to do something there.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#27 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 6:04 PM Last edited by MissPat : 6th Sep 2020 at 1:09 AM.
@PureWhiteEclipse, happy to clarify!

Installation Instructions
1) Install "Moar Interactions" by Buzzler in your "packages" folder
  • Install Nraas Tagger so that you can see what townies are doing while they are in community lots and at home.
  • I also recommend installing the "Complete Skill Books" mod in your packages folder as well, since it covers a ton more skills than EA's default skill books.

2) Extract the 2 ITUN files inside the zip attached to post #1. Pick only ONE flavor of Studyholics ITUN file , either vanilla autonomy (200) or cheaty autonomy (400). Delete the ITUN file version that you will not be using and the zip file.

3) Install the ONE flavor of your choice of Studyholics in your "Overrides" folder (different from the package folder).

4) Start your game, then generate skill books in your library with the "Set Community Lot Book Types " mod. Townies visiting the 28 community lots listed in my "Studyholics" ITUN file, will start reading the skill books pertaining to their careers and LTWs, autonomously. Remember to zoom in on the townies on community lots who seem to be idling. As soon as you will zoom in on them, they'll start walking to the nearby bookcase with a skill book and start reading.

That's it if you only want to see townies skilling up on community lots!

Now, if you have favorite townies that you want to see skill up, read further.

Simple method

Complex method

Hope that helps! Let me know if you need more support with my mod.
Test Subject
#28 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 10:44 PM
@MissPat I'm not sure if that'll @ you or not lol, I just made an account to reply to this awesome mod. Thank god I had majority of these mods, I'm so happy I'm not the only one that's obsessed with townies progressing. It's been triggering me that they haven't been skilling up and progressing through their careers. It's so annoying that only my sims have reached their max careers!

I'm going to test your mod in just a few minutes, I also have another question but do you know if there's anything to make athletic sims go to the gym more often? They'll work on their skills while they're at work but it'd be nice if the gym wasn't always dead.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#29 Old 6th Sep 2020 at 12:25 AM Last edited by MissPat : 6th Sep 2020 at 1:14 AM.
Hey again! It didn't ping me but I check my active threads routinely so no worries! I think we are a small circle of what I call "towniecrates" - literally simmers obsessed with a town-wide progression that is very much equalitarian with townies, as opposed to obsessing with the actives, who do not even do what we want half of the time (!) Another one like us would be @C-Dark who contributes here and on Nraas forum too.

I have installed a ton of MissyHissy custom careers as I want to see their fun level promotion texts but it always bugged me that my townies would stay stuck at level 3 when MissyHissy clearly spent time to create 10 levels for all these careers. Did not make sense for me so wanted townies to be "hacked" in such a way that they were able to max their careers autonomously too.

To boost gym attendance, there are 3 ways:
1) give the townies the "athletic" trait - they'll visit the gym lot autonomously;
2) install a dojo lot (you need Nraas Traveler installed since it's a WA world lot originally) - any sim will visit that lot autonomously and they'll skill up both in martial arts *and* athletic since the 2 skills are linked;
3) tune the "Venues XML" file that you find inside of Gameplaydata to increase the attractivity of the Gym lot. It's one of my upcoming mods actually! I want to tune all venues in the game so there is a better balance of who autonomously visits where, so that the homeworld population will skill up in a greater variety of skills and places.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 6th Sep 2020 at 11:25 AM
Hm, let me ask something, is it possible to use the itune also without buzzlers moah somehow?
I'm not sure if I really want to use this mod, because it changes also stuff I don't want to be changed.
I have seen, that I can entirely disable options like laundry etc. in the moar tuning file, and sure I will do this,
but can you manage something without?

Regards/Gruß Claudy
You can also meet me at nraas https://www.nraas.net/community/active-topics
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#31 Old 6th Sep 2020 at 11:31 PM
It's possible but it'd require script modding which is a skill I've just started to develop. Thankfully Buzzler says in his TOU that it is okay to look into and reuse his code, so maybe this could work. Give me a few days to attempt something and get back to you on that!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#32 Old 7th Sep 2020 at 9:43 PM Last edited by MissPat : 7th Sep 2020 at 10:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by C. Dark
is it possible to use the itune also without buzzlers moah somehow? I'm not sure if I really want to use this mod, because it changes also stuff I don't want to be changed [...] Can you manage something without?

Heya - looks like I managed to scale down Buzzler's mod to just his original, custom interaction that pushes townies to read books. I attached it to the first post of the thread .

1) Keep my ITUN file in your "overrides" folder like before. No changes there.
2) Follow Buzzler's very important pre-uninstallation instructions:

3) After either resetting all sims in your save and quitting the game or installing ErrorTrap before reloading your save - as recommended above by Buzzler himself, you can go in your packages folder. Once there, delete Buzzler's mod package "Buzz_MoarInteractions". Replace it with the package file inside the zip file attached to the first post of this thread, "Buzz_Moar_ReadSkillBook_Only". That's it: you should be able to launch the game and enjoy the mod.

I tested this "lite" version of Buzzler's mod and it works as intended in my game - please do confirm that it works for you as well when you have a minute! I'd appreciate it.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 8th Sep 2020 at 10:40 PM
That sounds awsome , thanks so much ;-)
I will test it in a few days, unfortunately I cannot play much at the moment.

Regards/Gruß Claudy
You can also meet me at nraas https://www.nraas.net/community/active-topics
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#34 Old 8th Sep 2020 at 11:57 PM
No problem at all, I appreciate you are busy! Let me know at your earliest convenience.
Test Subject
#35 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 10:57 PM
Hm so after using your mod for a bit, I noticed that sims are actually skilling up for once! Sometimes I don't even have to zoom in or tag on them and they'll be reading the CORRECT skill book. And if I need to target an individual I use the nraas master controller and invite them over to the library.

Now this is kind of off topic but I noticed you have a similar post on the nraas forums and you prompted a few tips on how to make the townies rank up in their careers faster. I have all of those mods you listed but for some reason, my workaholic sims and ambitious sims will not WORK HARD. I'll hover over them with nraas tagger and they're either chatting with their coworkers or practicing a skill they already had mastered, not really for quite sure if this is even fixable.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#36 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 3:39 AM
Haha love that you said "for once" - it turns out to be quite hard to get sims to actually do what we want in this game! Free will takes the wheel, I guess.

You actually taught me something RE: inviting individual townies to the library lot. That's super smart! I use this feature to force townies to show up at my active family's residential lot, but I somehow missed that "invite" can be used on community lots.

About the "skilling inactives" post on Nraas - that's interesting, I never noticed that workaholic and ambitious sims do not autonomously choose the "work hard" tone at work. So weird. Do they have other "social" type traits that might be overpowering their professional ambition?

I'm going to look up what technically triggers a sim to pick the "work hard" tone, see if something could be tuned there. I guess I'll ask you to stay... tuned?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#37 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PureWhiteEclipse
for some reason, my workaholic sims and ambitious sims will not WORK HARD. I'll hover over them with nraas tagger and they're either chatting with their coworkers or practicing a skill they already had mastered, not really for quite sure if this is even fixable.

I tried to look up how the SP base mod feature "Careers \ Auto Tones for Inactive" works but cannot find much helpful data in the mod's code. It is mostly scoring methods for careers performance that seem to be based on "hit and miss" scores for traits. I could not see a concrete list of which specific career tones, SP will consistently assign to which specific trait.

Maybe ask in the Chatterbox over at Nraas? They're very friendly and helpful over there, I'm sure they'll be happy to help troubleshoot this further.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#38 Old 14th Sep 2020 at 2:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PureWhiteEclipse
for some reason, my workaholic sims and ambitious sims will not WORK HARD.

Update on this: it's the SP "Careers" module, that handles the "Careers \ Auto Tones for Inactive" feature (I thought it was the SP base mod).

In the code of the SP "Careers" module, I can see that the scoring file explicitly pushes the sims with the following traits, to select the "meet the coworkers" tone:
Ambitious / Charismatic / Schmoozer / Friendly / Social Butterfly / Snob / Workaholic / Easily Impressed / Proper / Mean Spirited / Absent Minded / Hot headed / Brooding Trait / Socially Awkward / Loner / Grumpy / Coward / Shy.

Unfortunately, there is no explicit push for any of the other career tones such as "take it easy", "suck up to boss" or "work hard". I again encourage you to ask over at Nraas' Chatterbox, see if it could be somehow tuned or made more explicit in a future mod update. Fingers crossed! That'd be great to see more of that action in the game.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#39 Old 16th Mar 2021 at 3:18 AM Last edited by MissPat : 16th Mar 2021 at 4:03 AM.
Default Spring Cleaning + New Skills + Toddlers Update
UPDATE: As I'm planning for a 2021 public release of this mod, I'm making some spring cleaning.

New Studyholics Spreadsheet (link inside)

Special + big thank you to @MissyHissy and her Job Centre!

Townie Toddlers Update
Test Subject
#40 Old 25th Dec 2023 at 6:27 PM
Hey, thanks for you work! This is a great mod.
Please add that you should pick either studyholics or Buzz_Moar_ReadSkillBook_Only because I thought at first I needed both files, the game keeped crashing unless I understood that. Anyways thanks again, that's a very useful mod.
Page 2 of 2