Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Burglar Mod

by simler90 Posted 4th Sep 2020 at 11:24 AM - Updated 20th Apr 2021 at 7:32 AM by simler90 : UPDATE 2

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 4:47 PM
Oh this is such a good idea, thank you!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 5:38 PM
I want this so bad, but I like seeing the little picture-in-picture window.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 9:39 PM
At first glance they seem very interesting modifications. I'm going to test it on my game right now!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 10:12 PM
One thing that could have been fixed that I have noticed. I have had a time when the burglar sets off the security alarm and attempts to steal as much as they can before the police arrive, but the items stolen need to be replaced after the police take the burglar away. If the burglar has been caught then the stolen items should be returned.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 9:46 AM
Very cool! This is probably a dumb question, but would this conflict with MogHughson's "Anyone Can Fight Burglars" mod? I pretty much stopped buying alarms when I got that mod because it's so much more satisfying just to pummel the guy yourself, ha ha.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 10:45 AM
Awesome mod, but does it change the odds of burglary happening in the first place at all? Since I just... never get burglars appearing in my game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 9:02 PM
I love it! But could you make a version that still allows for at least the burglar sound? Cause i really like it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 9:56 PM
Love the idea that the burglar will be an actual threat...like they are in real life!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 4:21 AM
In my game, the burglar alarm doesn't sound when the burglar steps foot in the house. I have the alarm right next to the door. Do I have to buy a new alarm?
Field Researcher
#11 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sismik
I love it! But could you make a version that still allows for at least the burglar sound? Cause i really like it.

I agree with this, I really like the rest of your changes and I get your logic about not being alerted of their presence. However, I just love the burglar too much, its kinda precious, so much nostalgia is attached to it.
Could you please tell me how I could edit the mod to add the burglar sound back? Or if you're feeling generous maybe you'd consider releasing a version that doesn't remove the alert sound as I'm sure more people than just us 2 would appreciate this.
Thanks
Test Subject
#12 Old 23rd Oct 2020 at 3:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gabby2805
I agree with this, I really like the rest of your changes and I get your logic about not being alerted of their presence. However, I just love the burglar too much, its kinda precious, so much nostalgia is attached to it.
Could you please tell me how I could edit the mod to add the burglar sound back? Or if you're feeling generous maybe you'd consider releasing a version that doesn't remove the alert sound as I'm sure more people than just us 2 would appreciate this.
Thanks

Hello! I'd like this too, were you able to edit it?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 6:42 AM
This sounds really fun, but I agree with most of the comments here. Could there be some optional versions of this mod? I like the noise and would love to actually finally SEE a burglar at all in my hood. Since most of my sims are up at all hours of the day/night, that chance just never happens.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 7:18 AM
I saw a burglar today and I didn't notice until he was inside the house.. what a surprise! works great!
I think same principle should be applied to the unsavory charlatan: his interaction should be unadvertisable so one could not cancel it before it happens making logic the only salvation.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 27th Jan 2021 at 12:47 AM
Does the burglar take into account if there is an active SentryBot on the premises? I used to see burglars on occasion, but now that most of my lots have SentryBots, I've yet to see any burglar in probably 60 Sim-days for around 40 lots (~2400 nights). If so, I'd like a check added for the burglar to have a chance of appearing and/or bypassing/disabling the SentryBot. I'm still wondering if there is any different SentryBot animation for when it encounters a burglar since it has never happened in my game.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 10:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
Does the burglar take into account if there is an active SentryBot on the premises? I used to see burglars on occasion, but now that most of my lots have SentryBots, I've yet to see any burglar in probably 60 Sim-days for around 40 lots (~2400 nights). If so, I'd like a check added for the burglar to have a chance of appearing and/or bypassing/disabling the SentryBot. I'm still wondering if there is any different SentryBot animation for when it encounters a burglar since it has never happened in my game.

This mod adds a check for Sentry Bots. Whether a burglar appears on any lot depends on a chance roll. It is possible for that chance roll to fail forever. So, it is perfectly normal if a lot has not seen a burglar for a long time.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 15th Apr 2021 at 9:26 AM
First I'd like to say that I love all of your mods and what they do - I've installed practically all of them into my game and consider you an essential creator, like Cyjon! But I thought I'd flag that this one caused crashes every time when the scripted event burglar appears on the Caliente lot on the first night. I have a lot of mods, but I check everything with the conflict detector and I know it was this mod as the crash no longer occurred when I took it out. I suppose the game was trying to check for all the things your mod does, but also knew it had to force a burglar to appear, so couldn't cope and crashed? It's probably the only situation where this would occur though!

My avatar was the most beautiful teen I ever had in TS2, in a custom neighbourhood sadly lost to time about three laptops ago, but still remembered fondly!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 6th Jun 2021 at 12:40 AM
Love your mods and thank you for making my simming experience so much more enjoyable! Is it possible for playables in the criminal career to become burglars like in Sims 3?
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#19 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happenin_holly
First I'd like to say that I love all of your mods and what they do - I've installed practically all of them into my game and consider you an essential creator, like Cyjon! But I thought I'd flag that this one caused crashes every time when the scripted event burglar appears on the Caliente lot on the first night. I have a lot of mods, but I check everything with the conflict detector and I know it was this mod as the crash no longer occurred when I took it out. I suppose the game was trying to check for all the things your mod does, but also knew it had to force a burglar to appear, so couldn't cope and crashed? It's probably the only situation where this would occur though!

It doesn't happen only for that scripted event. It happened to me two times while playing my own household.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 10:54 PM
It also crashed for me several times
I ended removing it.
Test Subject
#21 Old 20th Nov 2021 at 11:52 PM
I admire all your mods, but this one does not work in my UC, I always get an error when a burglar comes to the lot
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 29th Apr 2022 at 6:30 PM
had to stop using this because my game crashed multiple times, really sucks as this mod is great when it works

i used to make dumb mods when i was bored, next time i'm bored i'll make a new mod.
Test Subject
#23 Old 22nd Jul 2022 at 7:23 AM
Same((((
had to stop using this because my game crashed multiple times
Is it possible to fix?
Attached files:
File Type: txt  Sims2Exception 2022.07.22 09.11.51.txt (14.7 KB, 21 downloads)
that chaos-loving Yosh'
staff: trainee moderator
#24 Old 8th Aug 2022 at 4:04 PM
Had two burglars since I installed the mod, game crashed on both occasions. HCDU shows no conflicts, I have all EPs and SPs.
It's unfortunate as I love the concept of "intelligent burglars".
Test Subject
#25 Old 24th Dec 2022 at 3:51 PM
I’ve only had one burglar since installing this but whenever he tries to actually steal something, the game crashes hopefully this can be fixed soon, I really love the changes you made
Page 1 of 2