Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sidewalk Cafe - Starter house - No CC

by Godleof Posted 12th Sep 2020 at 5:51 AM - Updated 5th Apr 2023 at 5:24 PM by Godleof : Compressed the lot and updated its thumbnail

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 3:06 PM
Very interesting! And nicely done
I usually play in warmer climates - so, no freezing for my simmies!

I have never put the mailbox behind a gate like that - good to know it still works that way - I will certainly try that in the future .
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 5:05 PM
It is a cute little house and Cafe combo! Well done ????
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 5:20 PM Last edited by Sebly Fortraid : 13th Sep 2020 at 4:18 PM.
Thanks

Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
I have never put the mailbox behind a gate like that - good to know it still works that way

Well, I don't know whether it was an issue or something on my end, but when I was playing the copy of the house and lock the gate, once I found my bills dropped into bushes ahahaha. So I think you gotta watch out if you don't wana have repo-man as a regular customer
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#5 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 9:35 PM
Interesting idea, thank you
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 3:11 PM
It's charming this lot, it has harmony and it is perfect for the purpose.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#7 Old 14th Sep 2020 at 12:15 AM
Very cute idea!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 14th Sep 2020 at 1:54 AM
I love this lot idea! Very cute, I'll have to try this out.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#9 Old 14th Sep 2020 at 9:33 AM
PERFECTION
Test Subject
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 7:04 PM
OMG! Thank y'all folks! It was my first time posting here and I'm really happy you liked my build!
Test Subject
#11 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 3:07 PM
This looks great! Quick question, how did you get your umbrellas to sit in the centre of the tables like that? I wanted to do something similar on a house with patio furniture for my sims but in my game the umbrellas are in a 2x2 tile grid with the umbrella bit in the centre, and I can't get the 1 tile tables to line up properly.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Oct 2020 at 1:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyMara
Quick question, how did you get your umbrellas to sit in the centre of the tables like that?

It's easy, I just used setQuarterTilePlacement on cheat. After entering this cheat you can turn quarter tile placement on and off using “Ctrl + F” anytime you are in Build/Buy Mode. It allows you to place objects offset from the grid in quarter tile.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 25th Nov 2020 at 9:04 PM
That's just darling! such a good idea
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#14 Old 21st Mar 2023 at 1:15 AM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 24th Mar 2023 at 1:39 PM
I loved!! For my sim who is earning money to buy a community lot to build her business this house is perfect!!
However, she got pregnant and I wanted to add a second floor, but because of the lot limit I can't. How did you get the walls at the back? (Sorry if the question doesn't make sense, English isn't my first language)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 27th Mar 2023 at 3:30 PM Last edited by Godleof : 29th Mar 2023 at 6:35 PM.
Thanks, I'm glad you loved the build

Quote: Originally posted by Sweettie
How did you get the walls at the back?

The walls of the cafe were built before I shrunk the lot.

If you wanna modify any exterior walls, you would have to use Mootilda's LotAdjuster to expand the lot first and then make any modifications you like. You can shunk it back to the original size afterwards if you'd prefer to keep it small.

Mootilda provides really nice LotAdjuster Tutorial, explaining how to work with the tool step by step.

ps. In case you would prefer to keep the original size of the lot, you can skip the 4th step in the Phase 2 of the tutorial (picking and snapping the lot to the road) first time. Just follow all the steps except the one I mentioned to expand the lot and make any necessary modifications, and then follow the tutorial again this time doing everything it says to shrink the lot back.
Test Subject
#17 Old 29th Mar 2023 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Godleof
Thanks, I'm glad you loved the build 😊

The walls of the cafe were built before I shrunk the lot.

If you wanna modify any exterior walls, you would have to use Mootilda's LotAdjuster to expand the lot first and then make any modifications you like. You can shunk it back to the original size afterwards if you'd prefer to keep it small.

Mootilda provides really nice LotAdjuster Tutorial, explaining how to work with the tool step by step.

ps. In case you would prefer to keep the original size of the lot, you can skip the 4th step in the Phase 2 of the tutorial (picking and snapping the lot to the road) first time. Just follow all the steps except the one I mentioned to expand the lot and make any necessary modifications, and then follow the tutorial again this time doing everything it says to shrink the lot back.

I assumed it was something like that since after writing the comment I went to the description and in the additional credits you put Mootilda's LotAdjuster there, but wanted to make sure you know?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 5th Apr 2023 at 2:51 PM
I assumed it was something like that since after writing the comment I went to the description and in the additional credits you put Mootilda's LotAdjuster there
Yeah, I probably should've included the disclaimer about the restrictions in the description, but somehow it didn't occur to me before.

wanted to make sure you know?
Sure, feel free to ask any questions about my builds

BTW, your question reminded me of another build I wanted to share a long time ago but forgot. So if you still into tiny lots and in need of more space but don't wanna go through the trouble of expanding the lot, totally check it out. Since the front isn't really restricted (well, at least those restrictions are easily bypassed with moveobjects on) you can customize the building if you need something on the sidewalk.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#19 Old 13th Apr 2023 at 2:42 AM
Thanks for sharing this!I would likley change the furnishings inside.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 3rd May 2023 at 5:49 PM
Corner noodle stand let's goooooooooooooo! =D