Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 8:27 PM
Default Turning a clothing item into a Decoration item that can be brought in buy mode.
I have created the daylight ring for vampire. The ring will now appear on Vampire whenever they get the daylight ring moodlet. Now I would like to turn that ring into an item that can be bought from the buy mode or life time reward.
How do I get started with this?

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 9:37 AM
Hrm I think it's possible to do so from a point where it's in a sim's inventory, but I'm not quite sure if upon buying the item it would be possible. I know it's not tooo big of a help, but the teddy bear code can help in regards to how you can apply buffs when it's in a sim's inventory

In the case of the item needing to be wearable, I think you could either check out the backpack code (I think cloning it as well is a good idea since it seems to be slotted to some bone) and see how it works. or, of course, check how Arsil did this mod: https://www.modthesims.info/d/594231/mental-powers.html

I know it's not too much help, but I do hope it helps a little!
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 12:54 PM
RIght now I just want to know how to turn a CAS item into a Buy mode item. The ring that the Sim will wear and the buy mode ring will be different objects. How I can create a buy mode item that looks exactly like the amAccessoryRing CAS item.

Thank you for your help I will look into that mod. But I think it will be simpler if I can just make a Buy mode item and apply a new script to that object. The buy mode item has to look like the CAS ring.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr