Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 12:58 PM
The only thing about as bad as having dozens of chairs we won’t use (PLEASE get who understand interior design) is those vendors, which we have another of in this pack. We have to have 100 of them by now, taking up space in the catalog.

They keep adding vendor stall but we still have to pay for an NPC to show up.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 1:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
The only thing about as bad as having dozens of chairs we won’t use (PLEASE get who understand interior design) is those vendors, which we have another of in this pack. We have to have 100 of them by now, taking up space in the catalog.

Yeah it's insane. Imagine if we could plop down any gameplay object on community lots and the appropriate npc would spawn? We had a version of that in Sims 2 and it was GREAT.
The fact that we haven't got a more developed version of that in Sims 4 is a travesty. Just give us a npc management panel in the neighborhood screen AND the lot screen, so you can create and assign npc Sims in the neighborhood screen and THEN assign and spawn whatever npc's you want on each lot. If WANTED a random vendor npc to spawn with no stall so they just stand there like a moron, then LET ME. It won't hurt the game - or at least the game SHOULD let me do that without hurting itself. FFS how can it be so FUCKING hard to give us basic customization. They should build everything with customization in mind in a Sims game still active in 2020. It boggles my mind that we still don't have a basic customizable economic system, a basic customizable political system (simified ofc), and we can't fucking spawn whatever npc's we want and assign which sims to be those npc's.
Sorry for the rant, but UGH.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 1:47 PM

You will be pleased to know that they added another stall with Journey to Batuu. There are 48! vendor stalls in this game now!

BagelTheDog, Village Idiot.

"What a fool you are, I'm a god! How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence! How could you be so naive?" - Dagoth Ur.
"AAAAHHH... I'm burning in hell, the demons are poking me with their pitchforks! Help me!" - Margaret Thatcher (hopefully).
Scholar
#29 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BagelTheDog
You will be pleased to know that they added another stall with Journey to Batuu. There are 48! vendor stalls in this game now!

YES, can't escape those and it feels a little out of place too, just another copy and paste job onto a new vendor stall.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 3:53 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 20th Sep 2020 at 4:56 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
Yeah it's insane. Imagine if we could plop down any gameplay object on community lots and the appropriate npc would spawn? We had a version of that in Sims 2 and it was GREAT.
The fact that we haven't got a more developed version of that in Sims 4 is a travesty. Just give us a npc management panel in the neighborhood screen AND the lot screen, so you can create and assign npc Sims in the neighborhood screen and THEN assign and spawn whatever npc's you want on each lot. If WANTED a random vendor npc to spawn with no stall so they just stand there like a moron, then LET ME. It won't hurt the game - or at least the game SHOULD let me do that without hurting itself. FFS how can it be so FUCKING hard to give us basic customization. They should build everything with customization in mind in a Sims game still active in 2020. It boggles my mind that we still don't have a basic customizable economic system, a basic customizable political system (simified ofc), and we can't fucking spawn whatever npc's we want and assign which sims to be those npc's.
Sorry for the rant, but UGH.

That's what the generic lot type should do. Instead of doing everything (or some of everything), it does absolutely nothing. We have specific lots so Sims can do specific things, and a generic lot so Sims can do whatever they want. The Generic lots severe no function in game.

For example: If you want Sims to exhibit VERY SPECIFIC nightclub behavior (drinking, dancing, etc.), you turn a lot into a nightclub. Regardless of what items are on the lot (like a bookcase), Sims will only concentrate on nightclub activities. However, if you want Sims to exhibit generic behavior based on what's available to them, Generic would have been perfect. If a sims is hungry, they'll use a vendor stall, a restaurant podium, or grill - whatever is available to them. If a sims is bored, they'll dance, read, do karaoke, etc. Sims don't even visit the lot. What does it exist?

Edit: Wonderfully, this mod solves that: https://modthesims.info/d/609589/up...ty-no-more.html

Sims just show up and whatever is there, they use. Sims are autonomously playing arcade games, watching movies, bowling, order food from vendors (after you pay for one) when you're hungry, drinking at bars. All the mod did was add visitors. It feels like a new game. All we can't do is have working restaurants off lot. That requires a different setup. We can hire a cook and Sims will get food, but that's all.

Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 6:06 PM

At least there's a mod for free 'hiring' of NPCs on community lots, but yes, this is ridiculous.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
At least there's a mod for free 'hiring' of NPCs on community lots, but yes, this is ridiculous.

IMO, for sake of simplicity, every stall should generate a vendor by default, with a pie menu option to set the stall to ‘stay closed’ in case the player doesn’t want anyone manning the stall.

No more of this hiring nonsense, it’s the way it should have been on day one.
Scholar
#33 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 1:54 AM
I agree, I don't jump on the hate bandwagon. I don't engage in, or read negativity EVEN if I AGREE with it just because I find it tiresome.

I mean the pack was an okay diversion from normal gameplay, there were things about it that I did like, but overall... *sigh* I hated that the only place to toilet/shower/sleep was on one area only. You can't relieve yourself anywhere else. Sims don't sleep through the night and wake up when energy is full. I hate that you can't actually go inside the home lot, it's just a shell, like much of it. I LOVE the droids, but then when I bring them home my sims are obsessed with talking to them. I absolutely HATED the constant traveling between sections to do tasks. WHY couldn't they have made it one world (SINCE THEY WERE SO SMALL TO BEGIN WITH AND FILLED WITH SHELLS), like traveling between forest sections of Selvodorada, when the sims go through a gateway it transitions from one area to another without loading screens!

But then there is this: My sim that I used to play this pack just went to the gym to work out and encountered these thugs: (This is in Strangerville btw. I also saw Hondo in Windenburg)

I might play it again in the future, but as a Scoundrel with my evil sim..

Would not recommend, not even totally sure a hard core die hard Star Wars fan would approve. I don't know. I'm not a fan of Star Wars (Star Trek tvm), even so I found *some* elements enjoyable. Overall though, nah.

I think this pack was a bad bad bad idea, especially because it came in dead last on polls. I don't get how it's a money grab though... because it came in dead last, how could it ever DO well, when its not what anyone asked for?? (because of suckers like me lol)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 9:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
I agree, I don't jump on the hate bandwagon. I don't engage in, or read negativity EVEN if I AGREE with it just because I find it tiresome.

I mean the pack was an okay diversion from normal gameplay, there were things about it that I did like, but overall... *sigh* I hated that the only place to toilet/shower/sleep was on one area only. You can't relieve yourself anywhere else. Sims don't sleep through the night and wake up when energy is full. I hate that you can't actually go inside the home lot, it's just a shell, like much of it. I LOVE the droids, but then when I bring them home my sims are obsessed with talking to them. I absolutely HATED the constant traveling between sections to do tasks. WHY couldn't they have made it one world (SINCE THEY WERE SO SMALL TO BEGIN WITH AND FILLED WITH SHELLS), like traveling between forest sections of Selvodorada, when the sims go through a gateway it transitions from one area to another without loading screens!

But then there is this: My sim that I used to play this pack just went to the gym to work out and encountered these thugs: (This is in Strangerville btw. I also saw Hondo in Windenburg)

Would not recommend, not even totally sure a hard core die hard Star Wars fan would approve. I don't know. I'm not a fan of Star Wars (Star Trek tvm), even so I found *some* elements enjoyable. Overall though, nah.

I think this pack was a bad bad bad idea, especially because it came in dead last on polls. I don't get how it's a money grab though... because it came in dead last, how could it ever DO well, when its not what anyone asked for?? (because of suckers like me lol)

I can't believe there's actual guns in The Sims now.

I don't think anyone's actually gone and read that poll that everyone talks about. It was not an official poll. The Sims Team probably never knew it existed before the pack came out. Does this change the fact that nobody wanted this? No.

Source: https://www.digitalspy.com/tech/a30...school-farming/

"What a fool you are, I'm a god! How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence! How could you be so naive?" - Dagoth Ur.
"AAAAHHH... I'm burning in hell, the demons are poking me with their pitchforks! Help me!" - Margaret Thatcher (hopefully).
Scholar
#35 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 11:40 AM
Stormtroopers carry guns, but they are only accessories (meaning they don't actually ever use them), If you purchased this early, A good idea now is to put Batuu aside and wait until mods can make this more entertaining.
Instructor
#36 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 12:27 PM

Have you got mods because the Gurus have repeated that that will not happen unless you have got one that could affect it? I should go and ask SimGuruNick on Twitter or go to EA Answers if you get this. Maybe there's an answer there.
Scholar
#37 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 5:31 PM

I don't think anyone's actually gone and read that poll that everyone talks about. It was not an official poll. The Sims Team probably never knew it existed before the pack came out. Does this change the fact that nobody wanted this? No.

Oh thanks for clearing that up. I didn't realise it wasn't official.

Quote: Originally posted by Hamishmc
Have you got mods because the Gurus have repeated that that will not happen unless you have got one that could affect it? I should go and ask SimGuruNick on Twitter or go to EA Answers if you get this. Maybe there's an answer there.

Yep I do. Maybe it's caused by a mod, I don't know. I have seen some folks on Twitter started a thread about it, seeing Hondo in other worlds, and they didn't have CC.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 2:39 AM

Still fictional type of guns, though we can't we saw it coming for this particular pack to come. EA never ceases to amaze us. There's no doubts of an ounce of possibility of fifa 2020 to come as game pack and of course of that be akin to basketball hoop from CL or bowling stuff pack. Or insert any recent title they had work on Will we ger Baby Arial Stuff Pack, pitte pwease?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 12:59 PM
It’s been 3 years and I haven’t heard a PEEP about her.

Some corporate hat’s teen daughter was probably obsessed with her and they added her to the game.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 1:20 PM
Oh thanks for clearing that up. I didn't realise it wasn't official.

Yep I do. Maybe it's caused by a mod, I don't know. I have seen some folks on Twitter started a thread about it, seeing Hondo in other worlds, and they didn't have CC.

MC Command Centre is currently messing with Batuu, from what I can tell.
I've seen stormtroopers and Batuu citizens moved into houses by story progression since they are technically homeless.

Scholar
#41 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 3:41 PM
Amazing, just I must be lucky but hadn't notice any of that yet, my Batuu residents have all stayed in batuu but i'm been using mcc 7.3.2 from the beginning of the pack.

I would recommend removing any mod or trait that brings into more visitors either, until the creators look into it better.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 2:00 PM Last edited by Gurluas : 26th Sep 2020 at 3:13 PM.
I think this pack has potential but it needs some heavy modding...Changing First Order/Resistance to Rebels/Empire, adding some Prequel stuff, and adding some more things to do. It's basically an ad for Galaxy's Edge rn...
Smeg Head
#43 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 3:58 PM

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Stormtroopers are notoriously bad at aiming.

Though to say a laser gun form the realm of Star Wars tech is an "actual" gun, it's no different than saying the Freeze Ray from Get To Work is likewise an actual gun. And that's been with us since the first EP. Okay, I get that you mean a firearm with the potential to take life when used, - or give that impression even though the TS4 version is nothing more than a costume accessory - where the default Freeze Ray does not have that capability. But still, sci-fi Freeze Rays or laser rifles, it's all based on the inescapable gun culture we have here on good, old planet Earth, such that it found it's way into the Sims 4 before toddlers!

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 8:23 PM
I have a non-simming friend who is a massive Star Wars fan. I told him about this pack. We agreed the best descriptor for this pack was "pile of Bantha poodoo."
Scholar
#45 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 1:54 PM
Have to admit ever since buying this pack, along the 34 packs i believe. Laggy moments are beginning to become harder to ignore. Most times everything is smooth, then unexpectedly sudden huge frame rate drops, even with small regions that used to run to best like Forgotten Hollow. Can't blame my PC, only just built up a new one capable of running anything well I can throw at it.
Instructor
#46 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 6:33 PM
I LOVE the droids, but then when I bring them home my sims are obsessed with talking to them.

Isn't this par for the course?

Feels like the average item in the game is tuned to 50 desire, and then the moment they release a new object and an object belongs to the newest pack, the Sims team is like "HOW ABOUT GIVING IT 10,000 DESIRE, THAT SEEMS FAIR."

Then they all scratch their fucking heads all over again when people get on the forums complaining about how obsessed Sims are with the new object, as if they have Alzheimer's or something.
Scholar
#47 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeservedCriticism
Isn't this par for the course?

Feels like the average item in the game is tuned to 50 desire, and then the moment they release a new object and an object belongs to the newest pack, the Sims team is like "HOW ABOUT GIVING IT 10,000 DESIRE, THAT SEEMS FAIR."

Then they all scratch their fucking heads all over again when people get on the forums complaining about how obsessed Sims are with the new object, as if they have Alzheimer's or something.

Yup. So much stuff they do is black listed by me for autonomy. I just turned off the droids though.
Test Subject
#48 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 2:49 PM
There's a channel on Youtube that's trying to create a sort of Rags to Riches with the Batuu pack. The series is called Rags to Resistance.
Field Researcher
#49 Old 6th Oct 2020 at 8:15 AM
Rey has been recruited into the Strangerville military, I saw an alien in the hostpital, and Kylo Ren visited Sulani - and I haven't even visited Batuu yet. I really regret buying the pack.
Instructor
#50 Old 6th Oct 2020 at 12:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kidhedera
Rey has been recruited into the Strangerville military, I saw an alien in the hostpital, and Kylo Ren visited Sulani - and I haven't even visited Batuu yet. I really regret buying the pack.

I suppose you either keep using the mod that the Gurus say causes that or uninstall the pack. They say it won't happen.
Page 2 of 3