15th Oct 2020 at 8:24 PM
Last edited by Tempted : 15th Oct 2020 at 8:38 PM.
Modding the Sims 3
Hello! I stumbled upon MTS late last night while searching for mods. I've been playing sims for years, and i'm finally at the point where I want to things to change. Unfortunately, I know nothing about coding, mods etc. I did take a look at various turorials and threads explaining whats up, but I am still completely lost. I'm not sure about the protocall, but if anyone can please help me? I have a few mods (listed below) that I would like downloaded. Are there step by step directions, maybe one or two at most that cover the mods below, or do they need individual downloads/coding?
Expansions/Stuff; Everything except: Into the Future, Dragon Valley, Roaring Heights and half of the stuff packs.
1) From this site, download the mods framework file and unzip it(it should be on blue Download button)
2) Move the Mods folder into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\
3) Download any mods you want from this site.
4) Use WinRAR or 7zip to extract mod files (packages) that end in rar or 7z.
5) Place the extracted packages in Mods/Packages.
6) Go to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3
7) Delete CASPastCache.package, compositorCache.package, scriptCache.package, simCompositorCache.package and socialCache.package (to make sure your changes take place)
8) Start the game
Mods will tell you what expansion packs are required. Adding more packs won't affect the mods you have, but will let you download new mods if they are needed.
You can have more mods as long as they don't conflict with other mods.