Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Face Masks in 11 Colors

by Kestin Posted 9th Nov 2020 at 10:50 AM

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 9th Nov 2020 at 12:52 PM
it's ideal for this times.
well done, thank
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 9th Nov 2020 at 2:35 PM
Too Soon
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Nov 2020 at 4:34 PM
Thanks!My younger sims like the highschool aged ones would love this as well as young parents raising an infant.
Test Subject
#5 Old 9th Nov 2020 at 5:42 PM
Can you link the mesh conversion for other ages?
Space Pony
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Nov 2020 at 6:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mary Blue
Can you link the mesh conversion for other ages?

I think you'll have to sign in/create an account, but it's at moonlightdragon here.

pronouns: they/them
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 9th Nov 2020 at 7:10 PM
this is great. why had no one done it? Thank a lot.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 3:23 AM
I love these!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#9 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 4:38 AM
I've been looking for a surgical mask enabled for both genders ... Thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 5:18 PM Last edited by Boosterbear : 11th Nov 2020 at 5:30 PM.
I didn't know I needed this until now. Finally, I can identify my sick sims and keep them AWAY.

ETA: Are there any plans to put this in the Bon Voyage 'jewellery' categories, or would that not work for this mesh?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#11 Old 13th Nov 2020 at 2:35 PM
I'm not going to pretend there's a pandemic in my Sims game, much less wear one in real life, but it's good that someone's finally thought of this essential 2020 fashion accessory.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 13th Nov 2020 at 6:07 PM
Thank you so much, this is a great addition for our games. In game the masks look wonderful and the colors are in point.

"Old Town Revival: My MegaHood"
Scholar
THANKS POST
#13 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 8:02 PM
Bwa Ha Ha Ha! Get A Life! There Is No Covid In A Computer Game! Oh, This Is So Ridiculous!
Mad Poster
#14 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 8:55 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 19th Nov 2020 at 11:12 PM.
^ Maybe they're afraid of computer viruses :/

Quote:
I should note that there is a conversion of this mesh out there for all ages, but a) I would have to explicitly request permission to recolor it and b) I think the creator prefers derivations of their work to stay on their site,

Theraven here (different name, I know)

I prefer if people ask if they want to include meshes. On occasion I have to update something, and I don't particularly like having a lot of versions all over the web.
Uploading on my site is optional. I'm fine if they don't want to, but I do encourage it (especially when it comes to conversions and recolors of hospital stuff, because I get questions about those all the time, and trying to find the links again can be a pain if they're not easily accessible on the site, so that's more out of convenience, really), and if people want to also post somewhere else that's totally fine for me.

One of the reasons I did an all-age version of Boblishman's mask (in addition to needing more ages at the time) is that there are some bugs with the original version.

Boblishman's original recolors has the "StandardMaterial" bug in all the "Frame" recolors, which makes the material very shiny and also makes the mesh look like it's turned inside out from some view angles (you can kind of see it on the sides of some of the pictures of the masks). It's relatively easy to fix in SimPE (if you're somewhat familiar with TXMTs or Bodyshop files in general, anyway), but also very tedious because you have to fix every single "frame" TXMT.

Anyway, if you want to fix yours, you go to the frame TXMTs, click the cMaterialDefinition tab, and change "StandardMaterial" to "SimStandardMaterial", click "commit", do the same for all of them, and save the file. This should fix both bugs. I recommend doing this on Bobl's original and any recolors you have of the original, too.

Personally, I also prefer to change the TXMTs to look more like clothes (accessories often look a bit dark otherwise), so I usually change these parameters too (but if you decide in the future to do this, do all of these fixes on the file you want to recolor before you go into Bodyshop, or you're stuck for an hour or more changing files in SimPE).
-stdMatDiffCoef: 1,1,1,1
-stdMatSpecCoef: 0.099,0.099,0.099
-stdMatSpecPower: 2
This isn't a necessary fix, but personally I think accessories look a bit better, and closer color-wise to clothes.

(All of this has been fixed in the version I made - if you want, you can recolor the one I did, and I can provide a link that goes to just the mesh - just a suggestion, though)

Absolutely none of this is meant as critique, by the way (the bug is a transfer from the original file, I don't know if Bobl was even aware of it, and the file is quite old, so it's possible the bug didn't cause problems until a later EP) - just thought you or someone else might like to know how to fix the files (or any recolors of Bobl's masks, or other accessories with similar issues). I added a fixed version of Bobl's recolor file on my site, which can help avoid the TXMT problem in the future (can add it here too if it's okay).
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 23rd Nov 2020 at 5:48 AM
It doesn't even look like your standard "surgical" mask and I wouldn't want to make my sims to wear anything like this in my game and pretend there's a pandemic going on. Least needed accessory ever created.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#16 Old 23rd Nov 2020 at 12:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
[cut for length]

Hey! Nice to see you, I love your work I think I'm going to leave things as they are for now, as that does sound quite complicated, although if you want to let me simply put these textures on your mesh instead, I might take you up on that (though it might be a while, because I'm still hoping and praying there'll be a #catchup2020 theme next month, and I'm still preparing to get all the stickers I've missed if it happens). Does that include allowing me to use the conversions for other ages as well? It's fine if not; I just want to know exactly where the boundaries are here. I generally prefer to post my work all in one place, just because...well, really "just because", but I'd be willing to upload these to your site as well if I use your templates. It's the least I could do. Also lol, computer viruses I was thinking maybe some mad scientist unleashed a modified pollen causing a plantsim apocalypse or something, but that works too! (What, you don't think that would be apocalyptic? Think about it. Maybe it wouldn't obliterate the population, but it would certainly cause an economic collapse hitherto undreamt of. For starters, plantsims don't eat. Do you realize how much of the economy is based on food? Probably a whole lot. And they don't have a Fun motive, so demand for things like electronics will crash hard. Beds, too, and most other furniture items, because no Comfort or Energy either. I'm thinking way too much about this...)

Immortality: Ooh, I wonder if I could get a custom achievement for that? "Winner of the Least Needed Accessory award"...I think I'll put it in my profile. Thanks

pronouns: they/them
Test Subject
#17 Old 25th Nov 2020 at 9:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kestin
I think you'll have to sign in/create an account, but it's at moonlightdragon here.

Thanks a lot <3
Forum Resident
#18 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 6:32 AM
I would never allow my sims to participate in this scam
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 3rd May 2021 at 10:41 PM
Perfect for a MyStreet character. <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 2:53 AM
this is great!