Replies: 7 (Who?), Viewed: 381 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 9:06 PM
Default Stuck with continuation
I'm currently trying to understand the sims 4 Scripts file. To do this I have been copying some of the Tuning files and then altering them to change the requirements or outcomes.

However I have run into a problem I'm currently trying to work out Continuations. I have copied one of the woohoo interactions as I believed this would be the easiest to search for. I have two XML files in my package mixer_social_WooHooInShower_targeted_romance_transition.xml (xml1) and shower_WooHoo.xml (xml2). When Xml 1 is pointing to the original Version of Xml2 everything works and the sims head of in the direction of the shower. When I Point the Continuation to my re-hashed version of XML2 I get the Loot of the Continuation but the sims just stand there like nothing is supposed to happen.

So far everything has flown Python to interaction to Loot to buff. However on this one I feel like their is something I'm missing. Something triggering on the XMl 2 that is in XML1 or 2.

Any help is appreciated.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 5:40 PM
Sounds to me like an animation issue, maybe? Or an issue with the mixer_socials in general, they have always been problematic from what I've heard. Is your XML 2 an exact copy of the original one? If it is, try adding an animation constraint and see if it helps. https://www.patreon.com/posts/new-interactions-32110907

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 10:13 PM
Thanks for the pointer. Xml 2 is exact copy of the original except for the new hash. I will try adding it to XML 2 and will post the results.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 9:54 PM
I have added the following to the Xml 2 file. now I get the sim waving the hands in the air with a foot print and an exclamation mark. Which as far as I know is a routing problem.

Code:
<L n="_constraints">
	<U>
		<L n="constraints">
			<U>
				<V n="value" t="animation">
					<U n="animation">
						<U n="animation_ref">
							<T n="factory">227337<!--shower_Woohoo--></T>
						</U>
					</U>
				</V>
			</u>
		</L>
	</U>
</L>
Field Researcher
#5 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 10:44 PM
You need to try adding more constraints then. Similar problem in this thread where the first constraint didn't work either, maybe a similar format helps, specifically the posture reference. https://sims4studio.com/post/153356/thread

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 10:53 PM
So I believe this is the bit I need to change to add a second Constraint. Now I have been looking what to replace surface with (just shower doesn't work unfortunately). With no obvious examples to work from I have been looking in the tdesc (really confusing at the moment) in the browser but the search function seams to be broken. If you have any more pointers they would be appreciated.

Code:
<L n="posture_manifest_tuning">
<U>
<V n="surface" t="actor">
<E n="actor">BASE_OBJECT</E>
Field Researcher
#7 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 6:38 AM
If the search feature is broken it sounds like it might be installed incorrectly, are the files bright red too? Try this if they are: https://www.patreon.com/posts/how-to-properly-42170948

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 5:22 PM
so I found this in the Tdesc (picture). I have tried making the code but believe i may need some pointers please.

Code:
<L n="_constraints">
	<U>
		<L n="constraints">
			<U>
				<V n="value" t="posture">
					<U n="posture">
						<L n="posture_manifest_tuning">
							<U>
								<U n="target_object_filter">
									<U n="enabled">
										<U n="object_definitions">
											<T n="items_to_check">3235601127<!--shower--></T>
										</U>
									</U>
								</U>
							</U>
						</L>		
					</U>
				</V>
			</U>
		</L>
	</U>		
</L>
Screenshots
Back to top