Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 2:16 PM Last edited by porkypine : 30th Nov 2020 at 5:51 PM.
Default Does anyone know how to fix the teeth position on sims?
Does anyone know how to fix the teeth on sims? I know, weird question but I have not been able to figure this one out yet.  lol

Ok,  What's going on?

I am making a set of sims and the Sims 4 game does not allow me to sculpt their faces correctly using the game's sculpting tools so I've been using CMarNYC's Morphmaker to make a set of sliders.  Most of the sliders work fine.  My biggest problem is that the game does not allow me to make ANY kind of rounded forehead unless the sim ends up having an overhanging forehead/brow ridge with the eyes too deepset.  That may work for some sculpts but it fails for the sims I'm trying to make. 

So, I made a forehead slider that actually looks real good in game HOWEVER the teeth did not move forward!  I've looked at the vertice assignments and the armature pieces hidden in the head.  The eyes work fine but the teeth are set back a bit and show a gap when looking at the sim from 3/4 view.

It's best to use photos.  Each photo has text explaining the issues.

(I'll be back with pictures.)  Ok.  Finished the pictures. It took longer than I thought it would.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine
Does anyone know how to fix the teeth on sims? I know, weird question but I have not been able to figure this one out yet.  lol

Ok,  What's going on?

I am making a set of sims and the Sims 4 game does not allow me to sculpt their faces correctly using the game's sculpting tools so I've been using CMarNYC's Morphmaker to make a set of sliders.  Most of the sliders work fine.  My biggest problem is that the game does not allow me to make ANY kind of rounded forehead unless the sim ends up having an overhanging forehead/brow ridge with the eyes too deepset.  That may work for some sculpts but it fails for the sims I'm trying to make. 

So, I made a forehead slider that actually looks real good in game HOWEVER the teeth did not move forward!  I've looked at the vertice assignments and the armature pieces hidden in the head.  The eyes work fine but the teeth are set back a bit and show a gap when looking at the sim from 3/4 view.

It's best to use photos.  Each photo has text explaining the issues.

(I'll be back with pictures.)  Ok.  Finished the pictures. It took longer than I thought it would.

Yes, teeth are a CAS part and not included in the default head mesh. I'm working on an update of MorphMaker and will look into including the standard teeth mesh. Another possibility is to just make custom teeth that are positioned the way you want.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 7:41 AM
Thank you so much! Thanks for the direction help! I didn't know teeth were CAS. I will try that and also wait for your next update.    Oooo that means I can make crooked teeth!  Yippee!  lol
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 9:44 AM
This is very new to sim game which can play any system