Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Space Pony
#26 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 1:16 PM
try this

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 1:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Battery
try this

This doesn't generate any errors. I will check if the 2 messages appear in game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 1:26 PM
I still only get 1 message in game about the broadcaster
Space Pony
#29 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 1:28 PM
you did test with an other sim nearby ? since the reaction broacaster broadcasts to other sims

E: before you do you might want to modify your code

Code:
            private static void Arrest(Sim s, float x)
            {
              Sims3.UI.StyledNotification.Show(new Sims3.UI.StyledNotification.Format("Arrest", Sims3.UI.StyledNotification.NotificationStyle.kGameMessagePositive));
            }

this should pop a message when the arrest should happen
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 1:30 PM
you did test with an other sim nearby ? since the reaction broacaster broadcasts to other sims

Yes, I had my sim get caught by another sim. A message only pops up only when my sim starts lockpicking
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 1:38 PM
Update: I get 2 messages, but only when they catch my sim lockpicking, but not when they catch my sim in their house.
Space Pony
#32 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 1:48 PM
well the broadcaster should only appear during the interaction since its linked to the interaction
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 2:17 PM
well the broadcaster should only appear during the interaction since its linked to the interaction

So it shouldn't appear when my sim gets caught in the actual house? Only when they get caught lockpicking?
Space Pony
#34 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xantak22
So it shouldn't appear when my sim gets caught in the actual house? Only when they get caught lockpicking?

If its just tied to the break into house interaction then yes
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 2:23 PM
If its just tied to the break into house interaction then yes

Won't that make it so that the sim breaking in will only be arrested if they get caught lockpicking, not when caught inside the house? (That is if we get the arrest code to work)
Space Pony
#36 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 2:26 PM
I did not dive deep into the code but if that is the case then yes after the lockpicking is finished the broadcaster will vanish and no arrest wshould occur (but again didnt dive into the code really)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 2:36 PM
I did not dive deep into the code but if that is the case then yes after the lockpicking is finished the broadcaster will vanish and no arrest wshould occur (but again didnt dive into the code really)

Wouldn't it just be easier to use the game's code for PrivateEyeCaught and in some way insert the code for the arrest. Here is the code for the PrivateEyeCaught:

It might generate 1 error.
Space Pony
#38 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 2:41 PM
Does the PrivateEyeCaught class show the desired behaivour ? look at the time when the broadcaster gets destroyed is it after the break in interaction finishes or at another time ?

Quote:
It might generate 1 error.
Need specifics here what error ?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 2:48 PM
Does the PrivateEyeCaught class show the desired behaivour ? look at the time when the broadcaster gets destroyed is it after the break in interaction finishes or at another time ?

Need specifics here what error ?

I'm not sure when the broadcaster gets destroyed, maybe it gets destroyed just like in the break into house code?

The error which appears for me is with the "LocalizeString", where is says that PrivateEyeCaught doesn't contain a definition for it.

Maybe we could use the game's code for SneakOntoLotSituation instead?
Space Pony
#40 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 3:01 PM
Again unfortunately im not familiar with how these game mechanics work ingame, you could trigger the destruction of the broadcaster when the lot is left though
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 3:02 PM
Again unfortunately im not familiar with how these game mechanics work ingame, you could trigger the destruction of the broadcaster when the lot is left though

In the break into house code? or the PrivaetEyeCaught or SneakOntoLotSituation code?
Space Pony
#42 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 3:03 PM
in the break into house code
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#43 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 3:08 PM
in the break into house code

Maybe there's a way to trigger the broadcaster destruction at the moment the sim gets caught in the house
Space Pony
#44 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 3:30 PM
Maybe there's a way to trigger the broadcaster destruction at the moment the sim gets caught in the house

Definetely thats easy but if i gathered correctly thats not the "big" Problem. You might want to create an broadcaster when you begin the interaction and destroy it as you suggested either if the sim got caught or if you leave the lot undetected.
just out of the top of my head creating a buff or an class for just that purpose might solve this problem

E: actually the idea you had seems to fit here you might be able to adapt the SneakOntoLotSituation to serve your needs
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#45 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 3:40 PM
Definetely thats easy but if i gathered correctly thats not the "big" Problem. You might want to create an broadcaster when you begin the interaction and destroy it as you suggested either if the sim got caught or if you leave the lot undetected.
just out of the top of my head creating a buff or an class for just that purpose might solve this problem

E: actually the idea you had seems to fit here you might be able to adapt the SneakOntoLotSituation to serve your needs

Wouldn't it be possible to use the SneakOntoLotSituation code and add broadcasters and the arrest in there instead of in the Break into house code?
Space Pony
#46 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 3:44 PM
Wouldn't it be possible to use the SneakOntoLotSituation code and add broadcasters and the arrest in there instead of in the Break into house code?

It seems the SneakOntoLotSituation already got everything you need only lacking the arresting part so yes this could be your ticket.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#47 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 4:00 PM
It seems the SneakOntoLotSituation already got everything you need only lacking the arresting part so yes this could be your ticket.

I will try that
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#48 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 4:10 PM

I put the arrest code in the SneakOntoLotSituation code but it still won't work, maybe there's something wrong with the arrest code? Here is the code (No errors, for me atleast):
Space Pony
#49 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 4:20 PM
Hmm i would have to look at it more thourougly.

I will have a look at it but not today still ned to take care of some of my own mods problems. What you could do is use the message code to see if the code gets called at all if not see if you can determine where the missing link is.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#50 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 4:23 PM
Hmm i would have to look at it more thourougly.

I will have a look at it but not today still ned to take care of some of my own mods problems. What you could do is use the message code to see if the code gets called at all if not see if you can determine where the missing link is.

Oki doki, thank you!
Page 2 of 3