Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#26 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 3:15 PM
My only goal for this year is to find some time and inspiration for anything Sims related again. I guess after over ten years it makes sense that I've kind of lost my interest and excitement but I'd like to find it back and keep enjoying this game while computers can still run it.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 5:58 PM
@foxmanic -I would try starting playing towns from scratch with just one homesteading couple and a community lot where they can shop for gorceries and "buy" clothing from a hacked coat hook for free if the other way is too expensive.I'm doing that in my BACC and will be doing it in other games including my Pleasantview Epic Challenge which starts out in an empty terrain version of Pleasantview at the turn of the 17th century and progresses until modern times with ancestors of the Pleasantview families as I create them in CAS as I imagine they'd be as the families began arriving in that colony.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 8th Jan 2021 at 1:46 AM Last edited by HubbaHop : 8th Jan 2021 at 2:05 PM.
Reaching winter in the Uberhood. There are still 2 summer days left in the current rotation and then comes fall... I play only one day per round, so there are several rounds waiting for me this year. I'm not sure if I'm not too ambitious, but it is not like I'm so super into Cyberpunk like expected, so if I start my PC, it will be mainly for sims.

Also, finally sorting out all the screenshots and share my lovelies more.

Sorry for my grammar errors - english is not my native language :)
Instructor
#29 Old 8th Jan 2021 at 12:20 PM
I didn't have any for 2020, but having goals for 2021 sounds fun!

So, 2021:

- Work on making my simblr active with my revamped Pleasantview
- Make some CC
- In CC, make some random clutter items
- Keep my DLs folder under 8gb to keep my game from souping and crashing
- Start writing my Pleasantview story and maybe upload it here
- Get my new PC parts and make my game look super beautiful

Formally known as TotallySimsCrazy. Still addicted to custom content.
Simblr
Mad Poster
#30 Old 8th Jan 2021 at 6:03 PM
Mt Pleasantview Epic Challenge goal is to finish setting the town template up to start playing and to adjust my playstyle in that town as it grows and evolves into it's modern day form as a larger town or small city with multiple neighborhoods attatched.Those are to be added as shopping districts or downtowns as the town grows.
Forum Resident
#31 Old 8th Jan 2021 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
@foxmanic -I would try starting playing towns from scratch with just one homesteading couple and a community lot where they can shop for gorceries and "buy" clothing from a hacked coat hook for free if the other way is too expensive.I'm doing that in my BACC and will be doing it in other games including my Pleasantview Epic Challenge which starts out in an empty terrain version of Pleasantview at the turn of the 17th century and progresses until modern times with ancestors of the Pleasantview families as I create them in CAS as I imagine they'd be as the families began arriving in that colony.

I've tried playing multiple different challenges in the past but honestly, they're just not for me, I'm awful at following complicated sets of rules and limits but also if there's no goal I end up just doing the same thing over and over again and get bored soon. ^^; I much prefer the creative side and picture taking for Sims 2. I guess considering that I'd probably enjoy writing a story with Sims 2 the most but then I run to the biggest problem currently: Lack of free time.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 8th Jan 2021 at 9:15 PM
My goal is to actually finish my WIPs and new mod ideas, but I feel like I will never have motivation to work on mods again at this point. I only feel like playing the game right now. I'm going to try to get myself back on a schedule of working on mods for a certain amount of time every day.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 9th Jan 2021 at 8:12 AM
Add-on (after reading Andrew's billing problem at Uni) to my goals then:

Cheat when needed while playing the game
Forum Resident
#34 Old 9th Jan 2021 at 4:21 PM
I didn't necessarily have any goals for 2020, so my goals for 2021 are as follows:
1: Finally get around to playing an uberhood I'm happy with (I haven't properly played the game in about two years bc I like to have things built before I play. Problem is I soon start hating what I've built!)
2: Start and maintain the medieval game that I have the story written down for (Wow, Eve NOT playing an uberhood for once? What a change!)
3: Fix Carregyffynon (I haven't played my Welsh hood in ages because I recently realised how much I hate having houses with different light sources - I'll have to build all of the houses all over again. I don't know how feasible this is to finish within one year.)

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Mad Poster
#35 Old 9th Jan 2021 at 6:32 PM
@foxmanic -I used to be like you though my BACC challenge is about growing a city from empty land starting with just one couple settling in and gradually having the town grow as part of my story and my Pleasantview Epic Challenge is much the same except that it's taking place in the colonial times of the 17th century and that is going to take longer to grow.I get to play almost like it's just base game and to enjoy adding features from other packs slwoly over time as the town grows into a city.
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#36 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 1:40 AM
@foxmanic - if you want to do some pics and storytelling but don't have a lot of time, my advice is to just pop in and take some pics and do like a one shot slice of life story for the sim just to get it out there and then if you are inspired, play, write, and take more pictures of them.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Scholar
#37 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 1:48 AM
Am going to spend more time playing instead of just building ....

I incorporated "Mama Hogg" from an earlier iteration of Strangetown and gave her "Auda Sherif" for a love interest.
There's also a "Jebediah Jerky" and a "Tristan Legend".
Jebediah runs a barter store for clean well water and dried... jerky; and Tristan Legend is a real estate developer of former ( reclaimed and refurbished -- aka now "safe to live in" ) nuclear wastelands.
Mama Hogg owns and operates a saloon and dance hall.

" Inama Nushif "
Forum Resident
#38 Old 11th Jan 2021 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
2021 Goals

1. Just upload the damn lots.

Check and Check
Field Researcher
#39 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 9:45 PM
I didn't set any goals for 2020, but here are a few for 2021.
1. Earn the career reward for every career with one family and have all rewards in one house.
2. Complete the bug collection. I always start out good then forget about it.
3. Play a neighborhood to 'completion' by having all the original sims finish old age (unless they become a vampire or something).
Scholar
#40 Old 7th Feb 2021 at 10:36 PM
I usually get frustrated and quit my plays after 2 rotations. I’m a lightweight. I’d like to set up some goals

Play all 4 seasons of a town (4 full rotations). If I can do that, I’d like to see if I can play until the youngest premade dies of old age. In Pleasantview, I’m counting Brandy Broke’s 3rd child. In Strangetown, it would be Pascal’s alien baby.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 7th Feb 2021 at 11:10 PM
I am a long-time sim player; I have found out about The Sims from a PC magazine that my father bought when I was 7 or 8 years old and I've played every installment of the game. I have recently re-installed the game and my goal for this year is to become a content creator! I have so much respect for people that spend time creating content for this amazing game, making it greater and keeping it fun after almost 20 years.
I have some programming knowledge and I know how to use Bodyshop, so I would love to make some custom clothes based on real-life brands such as ASOS or inspired by my favourite emo bands. I have a My Chemical Romance hoodie and I want to recreate it in game so that my edgie teens can properly show up for the Black Parade :P
I also want to create CC-free lots! Especially community lots, because I enjoy the idea of players sending their sims to have fun on a place that I meticously created. Making them CC-free obliges me to be creative and, at the same time, makes the final result accessible to everyone without having to download additional content that they may not want.
My ultimate objective for sims content would be to make a custom hood with a compelling story! And more Vacation Destinations! The game is packed with moroccan furniture and architecture and I am surprised that no-one has ever made a Middle Eastern vacation destination. It would be so cool!
Field Researcher
#42 Old 11th Feb 2021 at 10:27 PM
I have so many goals and, instead of actually doing them, I keep ignoring them and thinking of more.
1. Re-organize my Downloads folder, I need to merge and compress a lot of stuff and get more CC.
2. Resume my neighborhoods, I started one of my main ones in 2016 and haven't played properly since 2019.
3. Start a small island hood. I already have it created and decorated, but it only has one building at the moment.
4. Start a hood with CAS template Sims, because I like the idea. I tried it once but deleted it quickly, now I want to do it again.
5. Do a legacy challenge. I'd never thought I would want to do it in TS2, but now we have Story Progression and I see no reason not to do it.
6. Maybe do a proper BACC. I love the concept, but it was always a bit scary to me.
7. Back in 2017 (I think), I made some progress in Castaway Stories' Wanmami Island. I want to re-download that game and play the island again, if I can find the save file.
Scholar
#43 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 4:49 PM
I have a new goal. I’m going to learn how to use the Sun and Moon’s Star Factory stations and make a fully integrated medieval village. I’ve been making integrated towns for a bit and I think I might manage it.

Im at stage zero, downloading the mods and figuring out how they work and how much a sim family can handle on a single lot. Stage 1 will be figuring out how to set up the town with the sims that will do each job/set of jobs. Believe it or not, default replace and making things look medieval is almost last on my list. The stations seem pretty detailed. They almost make ts2 a new game

The downloading part is going super slow as SFS seems to be borked and downloading at about 2kb/minute (!!!!!) but I’m sure it will get sorted out.
Mad Poster
#44 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 5:17 PM
@kewpie -I've had almost all of those stations in my game for a while and they're great in my games and will be used a lot in my Pleasantview Epic Challenge which is set in the 17th century colonial times.It's getting heavy use in my BACC in Dodge set in the old west in the 1840's.
I added the goal of playing a legacy type challenge and that's what the PEC is and I'm working with having to create ancestors for Pleasantview residents with the right last names and a few extras that fall into ancestory of the townies.
Scholar
#45 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
@kewpie -I've had almost all of those stations in my game for a while and they're great in my games and will be used a lot in my Pleasantview Epic Challenge which is set in the 17th century colonial times.It's getting heavy use in my BACC in Dodge set in the old west in the 1840's.
I added the goal of playing a legacy type challenge and that's what the PEC is and I'm working with having to create ancestors for Pleasantview residents with the right last names and a few extras that fall into ancestory of the townies.

Was it hard to sort out and learn? Except for the basics (water, wild berries, mushrooms, giving tree) you can’t download and use anything by itself. It’s like one big expansion pack. I never would have thought of making a salt miner/creator for instance.

I’m VERY slowly downloading the basics and branching out. SFS is really really slow today and I can download maybe 1 file an hour. So far I’ve made a little forest with giving trees, mushrooms, berries, a pond to scoop up water. I’m currently attempting to download some traps so the forest dwelling sims I made in a test hood can catch wild animals
Field Researcher
#46 Old 12th Dec 2021 at 11:12 AM
I just remembered this thread and as the end of the year is coming soon I thought it would be fun to check what I actually achieved!

- Finish a set I've started in september and upload it to MTS (texturing is giving me headaches and I keep getting side-tracked with smaller projects...)
if I remember well I was referring to this set, so sucess!

- Tackle at least two of the bigger projects from my list of ideas
The toddler bathroom/pre-school project is stil ongoing but hopefully being wrapped up soon. If the school furniture and bathroom set are considered separate things I guess it is a success? Others project are still a WIP and more were added to the list...

- Continue organizing/bundling/recategorizing/repository-ing my downloads folder and making a few object fixes
I definitely did that! a never ending process of course

- Be done with hair defaults
lmao, is anyone ever done with defaults? what a fool I was. I am at a state I am quite happy with in terms of hair though

- Build new lots for my custom hood and find a proper name for it? I've been pretty uninspired when it comes to building lately
Added a train station, the institute of technology, a camping ground, leisure park, and some student housing. Also found a name I like better. And some new building inspo

- Actually play my game for once maybe?
definitely a success! Arkhelios made me play live mode more than ever, as well as the traveller challenge I've been playing lately.

Other success that were not planned:
- having an active simblr
- making my own clothing defaults for the first time
- building CC-free lots and sharing them!

What about you folks? Did this simming year go as expected?
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#47 Old 12th Dec 2021 at 11:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
@omglo put in a thread last year that I thought about today, because I had put in goals for 2020...and failed most of them.

My 2020 goals were:
1. Upload Beach Apartment - FAILED
2. Update My Story again - FAILED
3. Continue with a modeling project on FB - SUCCEEDED
4. Make another video that's helpful - JURY'S OUT
5. Learn to do a couples Posebox - TRIED BUT DIDN"T COMPLETE
6. Play more - SUCCEEDED
7. Take more pics - SUCCEEDED x 1000

Let's see, 2021 goals:
1. Clean my lots of Hug Bug so I can share again
2. Update My story again for real real
3. FINISH my modeling project on FB
4. COMPLETE a WORKING couples posebox
5. Get my sim, Charlotte Calhoun, an art gallery business
6. Graduate the current teens so they can take their rightful place as Young Adults and free those trapped at Uni.
7. Film and Upload a Twikkii revamp'd video tour

What are yours?

Ahhhhh I have like three weeks left but this next one is a bust, I'll be away for a work thing all week and not have access to sims.

In review, I've only done:
1, 5, and partially 2 and 7.

@Monsieur_Oshima - I am glad you got to do some of your goals and more! Awesome!

Alchemist
#48 Old 30th Dec 2021 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Thanks for starting a new thread @Charmful

My 2020 goals
1. To convert an object, with animation and sounds from TS3 to TS2. This will take a ton of work, but I think it can be done.

-Failed. It can still be done, I just didn't have the motivation to try.
2. To play the game. Most of the time I turn on TS2, it's to test a mod, which is fun but I want to get back into just simming.
Failed.
3. To take pictures and update them on tumblr regularly.
Failed, no playing equals no pictures.

2021 goals are the same. Also, I was inspired by Criquette's Feverfew. I want to make a neighborhood and create most of the hood deco for it, so everything will be exactly how I want it. It certainly won't be as nice as that beautiful world, but it should be a fun and informative process.

So, in 2021, I wanted to
1. To convert an object, with animation and sounds from TS3 to TS2. This will take a ton of work, but I think it can be done.
- Failed. There wasn't much time for advancing modding this year.
2. To play the game. Most of the time I turn on TS2, it's to test a mod, which is fun but I want to get back into just simming.
Succeeded. I played Feverfew and a version of Pleasantvie by Gutosimmer and enjoyed it a lot
3. To take pictures and update them on tumblr regularly.
Failed
4. Create hood decorations for my own custom city
Succeeded. I have some custom meshes that I'm really happy with and plans to make more. They're on the high poly side, but I want everything to be to my tastes instead of having to keep downloaders in mind.
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#49 Old 1st Jan 2022 at 7:41 AM
At the 11th hour I did update my story for real-real so I can cross that off my list for 2021 :D
I also started working on Graduating teens last week, so that's something I dilly-dallied with, but still a thing that's happening.

Mad Poster
#50 Old 1st Jan 2022 at 2:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
My 2021 goals were:
1. Get my game properly fixed (got a few things left to set up, but it's looking good so far)
2. Get my story hood up and running (gotten as far as to get a "test hood" for pictures up)
3. Update my story again (I'm writing a lot...)
4. Take more pictures ('cause it's fun!)
5. Play more (gonna be easier with a working game)
6. Finish editing/sorting/renaming/etc. my CC (probably gonna take ages at this rate, because I started back in 2017/18, I think?)

1: Kinda failed - it works, but there's some random crashing still to sort out. At least it isn't flashing pink like a dance party.
2: Heh, no.
3: ... See #2 (but I have been writing a bit)
4: Even fewer than 2020, or 2019 (when my game was busy doing flashdance), so no.
5: I did play a bit TS4, and opened Bodyshop a few times... does that count?
6: Finish is a big word, but I've come a tiny bit closer to the goal.

Goals for 2022:
Recycling is a good thing, right? Might as well recycle these a third time

Happy new year to everyone, and let's just hope the following year will be better than the 2-3 crappy-to-mediocre previous years (2019 wasn't my best year, and 20+21 have been varying degrees of bad for pretty much everyone)...
Page 2 of 3