Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Research Options for All Computers (mod compatible)

by adeepindigo Posted 8th Feb 2021 at 12:29 PM

9 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 9:09 AM
This is great! The research machine is ridiculously expensive, plus it takes up room. This is a wonderful solution thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 4:07 PM
TY this is very useful
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 6:00 PM
THANK YOU! I always thought it was weird that we couldn't use a laptop/desktop for research lol
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 8:22 AM
Damn, I just shelled out like 15k for one of those research machines and now I find this mod that makes way more sense than having a weird old-looking computer dedicated to... Googling? Thanks.
Test Subject
#6 Old 13th May 2021 at 11:45 PM
So the mod you mentioned that isn't an override...would that happen to be Holographictrash Portable Laptop with Research and Debate mod? Because I was using that mod initially and then I d/l SCCO and realized that I couldn't have both. I had to give up Holographic's mod unfortunately. But I hated the fact that the research and debate machine is so ridiculously expensive! Is yours compatible with SCCO?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th May 2021 at 2:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ny2vegas
So the mod you mentioned that isn't an override...would that happen to be Holographictrash Portable Laptop with Research and Debate mod? Because I was using that mod initially and then I d/l SCCO and realized that I couldn't have both. I had to give up Holographic's mod unfortunately. But I hated the fact that the research and debate machine is so ridiculously expensive! Is yours compatible with SCCO?

Hi yeah my mod should be compatible with SCCO because it's a true override.
Test Subject
#8 Old 22nd Jun 2022 at 3:02 AM
Hi, adeepindigo. I was missing the Purchase Wedding Cake, Buy Oversized Crop Seeds and Buy Face Masks in the Order... menu with this mod. It also happens with holographictrash's computer override to add Research to all computers. Does this happen to anyone else? I was missing stuff I didn't even know I was missing until I realized I couldn't buy a wedding cake.
Test Subject
#9 Old 27th Sep 2022 at 2:05 AM
Is there any chance of making this compatible with No Video Station Mod by Ksuihuh? I hate having to have separate objects for both research and the social media stuff and choosing between the two is sooo hard. I opened both mods up in Sims 4 Studio to see how hard it would be to do it myself and I think I would just need to copy/paste the extra text this mods adds to the Object Tuning of computers into the same files in the other mod, but I'm not sure and don't want to end up breaking both. Any help at all at making these two mods work together would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Test Subject
#10 Old 6th Feb 2023 at 4:15 PM
This is EXACTLY what I was looking for - thank you :D