Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#51 Old 6th Mar 2021 at 6:53 PM
The dust bunnies should be giving 20 simoleons at best. Some things don’t need to be play tested - at some point, it’s common sense. James’ Sims was making a ton of cash while sleeping.

And the house never staying clean it’s just bad design.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 6th Mar 2021 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anya7890
So I just thought of a reason why ea thinks the community would of been okay with this: patron. Alot of cc creators have one & they use range from 1$-5$ to get access. So, I guess these kits are ea’s version of that, it's still shitty this.

Do you honestly think EA is trying to go into competition with the people who sell their CC on patreon??

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury
Mad Poster
#53 Old 6th Mar 2021 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
can max out their skills just by talking to other sims. 

How does that work? I am playing with the base game, and would like to try it.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 6th Mar 2021 at 9:01 PM
I just read a Twitter rant somewhere yesterday that claimed the person hasn't been able to play their game in a year.  If that's the case, it is time to move on to something else and leave TS4 in the rear view mirror. I didn't say this of course as I don't have a Twitter account ( nor do I want one) but there is no point in giving EA more chances if that's the case.

I feel like that ppl that are unhappy with TS4 and wish could play TS3 or TS2 but can't cause of technical limitations on their behalf, but still continue playing with the game on unhappy.... I don't wanna "it's kinda their fault", since I really do understand them (like hell, i just given up on installing a program for school cause whatever I did I can't get it to work with the provided fixed instructions), but people in the community (which again, isn't a criticism) don't put dedication in making their machine compatible. Like the thing with TS2 being annoying and hassle to install on windows 10, but I think that's part of the reason players still stick with that game. If you ask me, a game that you think is playable and will leave you with a great feeling is worth try setting it up, despite the time and sweat it will take. Why put up with something that for you personally doesn't justify the price you paid for or the energy you pour playing it, which left you unsatisfied? That's my two cents...

Test Subject
#55 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 12:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dikosay
Do you honestly think EA is trying to go into competition with the people who sell their CC on patreon??

I’m in the middle on that one, but I believe ea is now paying more attention to cc creators (namely, because it's finally hitting them that the current development team is full of incompetence with such great winners such as a guru talking about how it takes 12 people to work on an object) . not with just the quality of the stuff that they produce, but to the community around them & how they react. When Ea sees that lots of cc creators have patrons & how the community isn't bitching about it, it's quite easy to see why they think they can do the same.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 12:44 PM Last edited by dikosay : 7th Mar 2021 at 12:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by anya7890
I’m in the middle on that one, but I believe ea is now paying more attention to cc creators (namely, because it's finally hitting them that the current development team is full of incompetence with such great winners such as a guru talking about how it takes 12 people to work on an object) . not with just the quality of the stuff that they produce, but to the community around them & how they react. When Ea sees that lots of cc creators have patrons & how the community isn't bitching about it, it's quite easy to see why they think they can do the same.

Totally agree. It's funny how some of Maxis stuff isn't as good as some of the best CC out there worthy of paying for (whether thru Patreon or some other way). But not all CC is worth paying for, and I'm one of those types who try to avoid Patreon like the plague (Covid 19 notwithstanding). Patreon has twice cancelled my account because I signed up just to get one thing and never came back again!

But people have been stashing their stuff behind paywalls for years. I know EA can be stupid, but I'm sure they've noticed this some time ago. I think they would've jump on that bandwagon many years ago if they thought it was such a lucrative idea. No, I don't think they're simply just getting around to it now (just think of all the money they've lost). No, this is something else entirely. As I said in another post, I believe they need to know if single purchase stuff packs in the form of "kits" - or even just purchasing single items, like most Patreon selling creators have their stuff - will work for them in preparation for the upcoming Sims 5.

As the great Stan Lee use to say: "Nuff Said"

One Minute Ninja'd
#57 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 3:44 PM
So it's for real. They want me to pay $5 for dust bunnies. What a quandary, do I pay $5 for dust or $5 for a triple soy latte with 2 shots of espresso and 1pump of butterscotch.?

No need to try to help me make this burdensome decision. I'm having my coffee right now.
Test Subject
#58 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 4:15 PM
Sims in TS3 can learn recipes from watching TV or reading them.

I uninstalled TS4 ages ago but one thing that really irked me was that sims instantly learned the recipe of a food stall dish from eating it once. I thought the recipe system in TS3 was neat. Dunking on TS4 is like beating a dead horse but I think it's fun to check from time to time what kind of insane new things they want people to pay for.
Test Subject
#59 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 4:41 PM
There is more to beating the dead horse than meets the eye. If that were the case, the likely hood of kits becoming a thing may not exist as there would be endless streams of DLC for DLC post Cats and Dogs and My First Pet. Beating the dead horse put a end to that even if it is temporarily. Then there is Journey to Batuu and the curious thing that happened with that.  EA lost their exclusivity contract with Disney; might be a coincidence, maybe not.

EA can dish it, they can take it.

Of course, I just meant that what I said was nothing new. I could never play it more than half an hour before getting bored and never missed it after uninstalling, so I think it's pretty obvious where I stand hehe.
Test Subject
#60 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 4:57 PM Last edited by Pistence : 7th Mar 2021 at 7:11 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
I see. I guess to me, CC has always been integral to my The Sims experience, and if there is something I want but is not in the official game, then I search for (or more recently, convert) CC for it.

I guess... I just don't see the lack of the classic diner aesthetic as too bothersome. There are plenty of aesthetics that EA creates in one game and then they are absent in the next game. Now, as you stated, it has been an aesthetic in every The Sims game, but, still, I am not too bothered by finding/creating CC for it. At least the restaurants are there. We waited half an eternity for restaurants in The Sims 3.

I think you're taking it too literally, the diner is an example of the lack of diversity in objects in TS4. There's strange decisions made like for example that the four rocking chairs they added in the knitting pack basically all look the same. There's also the problem of a lot of new content being recolors instead of new meshes. I use a ton of CC but I don't think it should be something that you must do in order to get a bit variety in the game.
Instructor
#61 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 5:47 PM
I just wonder how many packs complainers have, myself. Some people seem to have just the base game then complain. It's not worth responding in that case.
Test Subject
#62 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 6:50 PM Last edited by Pistence : 7th Mar 2021 at 7:11 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Hamishmc
I just wonder how many packs complainers have, myself. Some people seem to have just the base game then complain. It's not worth responding in that case.

Ok then, how many packs do you need in order to have the right to an opinion?
Forum Resident
#63 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 7:07 PM
I was sure this fate will become soon or later with ts4.I hate how greedy this guru teams are money greedy as well as the cc creators. That is worst that we knew in ts2 and ts3.
Now let's pray if the underground community will add them for free in their repacks ahaha
Instructor
#64 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pistence
Ok then, how many packs do you need in order to have the right to an opinion?

All of them now, unless you wish just to comment on the one's you have and not make sweeping comments about the whole game.

I can understand the comments about EA's money making tactics but am getting fed up with the rest so will leave you all to your bile.
Test Subject
#65 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 8:09 PM Last edited by Pistence : 7th Mar 2021 at 8:37 PM.
All of them now, unless you wish just to comment on the one's you have and not make sweeping comments about the whole game.

I can understand the comments about EA's money making tactics but am getting fed up with the rest so will leave you all to your bile.

Well, now, this opinion just doesn't make sense. It's one thing if someone was complaining about there being no seasons without having the seasons expansion, but you don't have to own the games to be aware of all the missing features. TS4, with all its expansions, lacks many things that were available in the previous games, and TS4 has also existed longer as an active title than the others. I haven't played the latest packs, that's true, but the reason for that is because I am well aware of what they're lacking, just like I don't need to spend money on a pair of ugly shoes to know I will dislike them. Look - it's great and fine and all that you enjoy TS4, but you cannot be serious when you claim that people can't criticize it without having played every single pack lol.
Instructor
#66 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 8:24 PM
While I liked the look of Bust The Dust, and thought the inclusion of dust bunnies was funny, I'm glad I don't play anymore so had no desire to actually buy it - it appears to be quite broken from looking at gameplay and reviews, with the dust piles offer up items/money it found lost amongst the dirt constantly and making your Sim rich within a matter of hours/days, and dust appearing too regularly even after cleaning.
Inventor
#67 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 8:58 PM

BYE FELICIA!
Test Subject
#68 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 11:11 PM
I find it hilarious how the bunnies will just combust & set your house on fire tbh. Like it kind of sold me when I heard thar????
Mad Poster
#69 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 12:15 AM

I do would have to agree with you on this. Playing the BG my opinion (I'm the one) and mentality over it kinda shifted from "THIS IS SUCH HAFUL GAME, BAH" to "It's not that great, but not that bad. I take back 80-85% of what I said about it. I kinda learn to somewhat appreciate it a bit", and I'm slowly starting to learn to not comment on things I don't grasp but only learned from player reports. For example, with the playstyle I'm playing I kinda, in some sense I enjoy the game and regardings emotions, I haven't really ran into issues how they suck (but that's maybe because I haven't play Sims through many scenarios? Idk though it a bit annoys me I have to force Sims to be mean to another)

However, I do player should expressed what they don't enjoy about the game as a spectator, which can tell the game studio where devs should work towards so that players would have any interest to buy a pack. Dust Kit? I'm not INTERESTING in vacummings/chores households.... well maybe I would, but not for the asking price where it sold as SEPERATE mechanic instead of expansion pack. Can't I share an opinion why I sorta think it's a bit stupid that dust can explode on your house?

By no means of ill intent, but maybe MTS news thread isn't the place for you, if it makes you fed up? Specific groups for TS4, where people share their love for the game, might suit you taste? Just a suggestion... I don't stay on official forums for too long, because some comments make want me to rip my head.

Field Researcher
#70 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 1:19 AM Last edited by dikosay : 8th Mar 2021 at 1:32 AM.
I don't mind spending my hard earned money to buy EPs and SPs from Maxis if they have stuff that I'm really interested in obtaining or a particular gameplay I want to explore. What I hate is how Maxis goes overboard with their shit. Like the dustbunny thing - it's alright to introduce them, but why to such extremes as making a house nearly unlivable after a bit, or dirtying up a house practically every single hour of every single day in a sims' life? IMHO extremism is The Sims biggest sin in their games.

Field Researcher
#71 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 1:21 AM Last edited by dikosay : 8th Mar 2021 at 1:35 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Pistence
Of course, I just meant that what I said was nothing new. I could never play it more than half an hour before getting bored and never missed it after uninstalling, so I think it's pretty obvious where I stand hehe.

I think Sims 4 takes an extreme - and I mean EXTREME - amount of imagination to play it for a considerable amount of time. But, yeah, no matter what, it eventually gets boring regardless.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#72 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dikosay
I don't mind spending my hard earned money to buy EPs and SPs from Maxis if they have stuff that I'm really interested in obtaining or a particular gameplay I want to explore. What I hate is how Maxis goes overboard with their shit. Like the dustbunny thing - it's alright to introduce them, but why to such extremes as making a house nearly unlivable after a bit, or dirtying up a house practically every single hour of every single day in a sims' life? IMHO extremism is The Sims biggest sin in their games.

You didn’t like being stalked by an ice cream truck?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#73 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
You didn’t like being stalked by an ice cream truck?

TS4: What is a truck? You mean a cart? stall? food register? vending machine?

Instructor
#74 Old 9th Mar 2021 at 10:05 AM
While I don't have any love for this "kit" business, I know a lot of folks who enjoy playing off the grid and historical games. EA only lets you dust the house if you have a vacuum, and of course a vacuum requires power. Zero made a mod that changes that. You may now mop the dust away! There's also a broom override available by xBrilliantsims.

Find the mods here:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/dust-shite-mop-48438092
https://xbrilliantsims.tumblr.com/p...-an-override-by

Edit: And here's some extra dust-related sanity fixes by Zero, too: https://www.patreon.com/posts/dust-shite-some-48320957

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Top Secret Researcher
#75 Old 9th Mar 2021 at 11:26 PM
LilMsSam also has some mods tuning down the dust bunny explosion.
Page 3 of 18