Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Adjusted Fire Moodlets

by Dimenarius Posted 14th Mar 2021 at 12:59 PM - Updated 11th Mar 2024 at 9:29 PM by Dimenarius

10 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 14th Mar 2021 at 1:48 PM
Nice mod.
I agree. It's all about realism.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 14th Mar 2021 at 9:47 PM
I haven't had a fire in my game since Fear was patched in and just assumed that it would now apply to fires. It's silly that it doesn't so thank you for this mod!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 17th Mar 2021 at 7:54 AM
This makes much more sense! Thanks.
Test Subject
#5 Old 11th Apr 2021 at 1:06 PM
It's a good idea, but unfortunately I don't think it accounts for various aspirations and rewards that negate or change a sim's response to fire. The big one is Naturalist from the gardening aspiration, which doesn't just make them fireproof, but makes them okay with fire generally. I think there's also a lifestyle that makes sims enjoy fire (thrill-seeker, or something, I don't know the exact name) and then of course there's the open question of whether the "Brave" reward trait ought to have some impact, now that you're using the scared/terrorized moodlet.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 4:09 PM Last edited by Dimenarius : 11th Apr 2022 at 12:03 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simlishish
It's a good idea, but unfortunately I don't think it accounts for various aspirations and rewards that negate or change a sim's response to fire. The big one is Naturalist from the gardening aspiration, which doesn't just make them fireproof, but makes them okay with fire generally. I think there's also a lifestyle that makes sims enjoy fire (thrill-seeker, or something, I don't know the exact name) and then of course there's the open question of whether the "Brave" reward trait ought to have some impact, now that you're using the scared/terrorized moodlet.

I haven't checked if the "Brave"-Trait and the Gardening "Fire Immunity" are affected by the modified moodlets. Do they change the moodlets entirely in vanilla game, meaning they make Sims be "fine" or "confident" when encountering fires?

If that is supposed to be the Case and my Mod negates this then I can't promise that I'll be able to program conditions into the modified buffs so that they check for certain requirements and then applying the correct emotion as a result.

For example if someone is Brave , encountering fires should make them confident and for the gardening thing it should be fine.

If I find a way and enough spare time I will modify the mod accordingly.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#7 Old 30th May 2021 at 8:55 PM
Tiny bug with the toddler portrait, as they do not have a 'scared' portrait in vanilla, they use the same face and hand position as the others but it stretches them out and looks wonky AF. Nothing you can do on your end, just worth mentioning to anyone planning to download.

So yeah, be aware that's a thing so it doesn't catch you off guard and lead you to nearly laugh yourself to death lookin' at it. x'D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 8:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
Tiny bug with the toddler portrait, as they do not have a 'scared' portrait in vanilla, they use the same face and hand position as the others but it stretches them out and looks wonky AF. Nothing you can do on your end, just worth mentioning to anyone planning to download.

So yeah, be aware that's a thing so it doesn't catch you off guard and lead you to nearly laugh yourself to death lookin' at it. x'D

I am aware of that. Still it's funny to look at. Let's see if EA fixes this
Instructor
#9 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 2:21 PM
Does this need an update for the new patch?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Mar 2022 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cheeroke
Does this need an update for the new patch?

I never really saw an issue ingame with newest patches. It should be fine.

Sorry for replying so late...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 9:45 AM
THIS. It has bugged me for ages and I was so disappointed when I found out they didn't change fire moodlets from tense to scared (but everyone is scared of thunder storms. No exception. Realistic.). Thank you so much!