Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Mar 2021 at 2:15 PM Last edited by redandvidya : 13th Mar 2021 at 8:15 PM.
Default ARKHELIOS - murder mystery sci-fi hood by redandvidya & nappe-plays-the-sims (testers wanted!)
Update March 13: Sorry to keep y'all waiting! Download the hood here: https://arkhelios.tumblr.com/post/6...sci-fi-scripted

Hi! So my friend nappe-plays-the-sims and I made this deep story neighborhood for you guys to play, and we want playtesting and people's opinions on it!! We're really proud of what we made, and we are in love with the story and all the characters, but we wanna hear from fellow simmers as well!

Things this neighborhood has:
- SCRIPTED EVENTS!!! All families have scripted events and notifications to go along with them!! We're really proud about this, it took a lot of work to do but we'd say the scripted events are maxis-level?? Maybe even better, as our scripted events are more focused on drama than teaching people how to play the game
- Secret puzzle. I can't really talk about this one much because it'll spoil a LOT, but all I'm saying is that it's good! (Yes, we managed to sneak in a puzzle into Sims 2 haha)
- Easter eggs everywhere, EVERYWHERE you look, we put a lot of detail and love into the lore <3

As of right now the hood will be out on Tumblr in six hours!! But right now, all story images featuring the characters are out, so check them out! The hood will be on MTS, we just gotta fullfill a lot of the requirements first (including adding lot values to the current description.) Watch for the MTS release this week!!

I made this thread because I saw how Emerald Heights used the MTS community as a good base for testing and feedback before it was out, and I hope that we'll achieve the same effect here <3

Check us out on Tumblr here!!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 13th Mar 2021 at 8:16 PM
Sorry to keep you guys waiting for a while, but it's here!! We'd love your feedback and opinions while we upload it to MTS. Thanks!

DL (TUMBLR): https://arkhelios.tumblr.com/post/6...sci-fi-scripted

DL (MTS): defo coming soon!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 14th Mar 2021 at 12:06 AM
I've played LOTS of pre-made hoods; excited to try this one!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
#4 Old 14th Mar 2021 at 12:13 AM
What are the EP and SP requirements? I don't have the Ultimate Collection, you see, and I saw some H&M outfits (I do have that SP, though). It sounds interesting anyway, especially the scripted event aspect.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#5 Old 14th Mar 2021 at 12:41 AM
It sounds very interesting. I copied all of the info on your tumblr page, and hope to play it soon!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#6 Old 14th Mar 2021 at 9:57 AM
I'm missing a few SP's; it just makes some walls/floors revert to "bare"walls/floors. I do have a few suggestions: The "READ ME" might be better if it said "...revolves around the murder of the founder...".Factory Park has an apartment mailbox, no phone, and no lighting. A lot of the playable lots have the Shiny Time oven; it spawns a cook (like on University lot) - but maybe that's a mod I have..? Played all lots, and can't find anything that looks like it was scripted. I did find 2 pictures that you could click on "debug ARKH APT scripted" , then you get a message that she wants to look at neighbor (telescope) - one time nothing happened, another time a playable slapped her..nothing unusual. The woman this was written for (Soileh) walks through walls- I can't figure out how. And on that same apt lot there is a "community" garage which can't be used; if it had cars the renters could use them. On other lots, some people on the relations screen show as related, but are not on the family tree. (robot in Fontana house, etc). The Hydes family tree is missing fathers (but I figured them out by Peggy Hydes' memories). Also in that house Peggy remembers inheriting money from Xavier (father of Melvin), but she wasn't married to him, and doesn't remember him dying. Most houses have no captions in the family albums, but the few that did were not helpful. Yes, I looked at that, and family & individual bios, and memories, and family trees Lots of adult Sims had ZERO skills, which in normal game play is about impossible.
Haven't figured out anything: a key, a secret puzzle, Easter eggs, and who is the killer. Frustrated. I did play another hood that had scripted events...never got that to work either..

Scholar
#7 Old 14th Mar 2021 at 10:29 AM
is there a family missing? 10 are listed in the notes but I could only locate 9 on the map?
from Grammapat's post and checking names its diana armstrong and here strays who are missing.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 14th Mar 2021 at 12:32 PM
Your hood has the common issue of randomized names for people playing in other languages. It doesn't apply to all sims, but in my Fontana household, the robot and Abraham got randomized. You can fix this manually in the character files with SimPE, I usually do this for the important dead sims and rename the others ingame because it's faster.

Example:

You can either copy the text strings for the first and last name from your default language (English UK) to all other languages, or set it up so that only the default language has text strings for those. No idea if one works better than the others, I usually copy the string.

Since this is a mystery hood and I would like to solve it, are there any spoilers I should not see in the biographies of dead sims? Abraham here fortunately had nothing, but I will probably fix the names ingame and leave most of the ghosts alone. Would be great if you could fix it for the final version!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Mar 2021 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Christain
is there a family missing? 10 are listed in the notes but I could only locate 9 on the map?
from Grammapat's post and checking names its diana armstrong and here strays who are missing.

Oh crap, I forgot to add this to the download post!! Her house is on the edge of the map, and you need a camera mod to get to it. Will add that in requirements pretty soon
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Mar 2021 at 2:43 PM
Alright, read every reply and saw every glitch. Here's the entire list of what's intended and what's not.

Oven glitch - likely caused by your mods
Lot reset / scripted events not working - again likely caused by your mods, not the hood
Scripted notifications- likely caused by your mods or your language
Factory Park not working - uninteded, fix will be out

Soileh walking through walls - intended
Community garage unusuable - "intended", but I just couldn't find a way to make it usable, if anyone knows please hit me up
Showing as related - intended
Hydes Family tree missing fathers - intended
Adult sims having no skills - intended, some characters are dumb, esp Fabio & Narcissa

Can't find secret key to puzzle in the hood - Look harder

Broken language - got reports that the scripted events and sim names are not translating in y'alls language. This is unintended and going to be fixed in the final MTS download. For the meantime, it's recommended to play in US-EN till all fixes will be out.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 14th Mar 2021 at 8:29 PM
Oh, was the scripted event supposed to be translated? The notification I got was in English, but I didn't register this as a bug, because that's how it is for just about every download.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 15th Mar 2021 at 2:11 AM Last edited by grammapat : 15th Mar 2021 at 2:31 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Christain

===
No, Armstrong is in a tiny island in a corner of the hood. It's Munoz I couldn't find.
To redandvidya: ya, my problems are mods..I am determined to fix so I can see "scripted notifications. But what exactly ARE they? There is the picture you can click for Soiley, but it only says she wants to look through telescope.
To make an apartment have usable cars that don't belong to anyone, you have to to place the drive way WITH A CAR, when you are building the apartment lot. Then renters can use the car like anything else that is "community property".
And: can you PM me with more info about Easter eggs, and "a key that is not an object"?

Forum Resident
#13 Old 15th Mar 2021 at 4:32 AM
[QUOTE=grammapat]===
No, Armstrong is in a tiny island in a corner of the hood. It's Munoz I couldn't find.

Same here. I can not find a Munoz household!
Mad Poster
#14 Old 15th Mar 2021 at 5:50 AM
...and another thing..Soileh walks through walls. I moved her to a tiny house, and she can still go through walls. Probably again need a PM: how in the world did you do this? Can I assume it is some kind of "clue"?

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 15th Mar 2021 at 6:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by teafortwo
[QUOTE=grammapat]===

Same here. I can not find a Munoz household!

Alex Munoz is under Helios's household, near the two apartments. When in the game, double check the households for anyone you may have missed
Scholar
#16 Old 15th Mar 2021 at 4:24 PM
Oriana can't teach her son to walk/talk/to sing a nursery rhyme, as if she's an unrelated to him. The robot does have options of teaching him skills.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 15th Mar 2021 at 8:00 PM Last edited by teafortwo : 15th Mar 2021 at 10:29 PM. Reason: I am old and slow
My Notes so far
RIVALES:
Read the household description before entering their lot.

Keep the household on pause while taking time to read each Sims Bio, view the household story photo album and to become familiar with thier home.

(Do this with each household.)

Follow the pop up prompt. Keep an eye on the 2 Sims mentioned. Leave them be while focusing on the other family members. Play until Friday.

Number 6 in the play order is Munoz. This has confused some of us owing to how this family name does not appear as a household lot name. The household lot to look for is Helios.

MODS that interfered:
I needed to remove these and started with a fresh neighborhood owing to how these caused the demise of the entire Fontana household!
Disease mod and Disease chance of spread.
UPDATE to be more specific:
DiseaseMod-Regular
DiseaseChanceBaseSpread
And I also have now removed:
CJ-FrequentDiseaseProcessing

UPDATE: I should have also mentioned that it is very helpful to (while household is paused ) to look at each household member's memories.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 15th Mar 2021 at 9:26 PM Last edited by grammapat : 15th Mar 2021 at 11:02 PM.
Default still need "script" info
tearfortwo: can you be more specific about the disease mods you removed? I have 1 (2?) that make disease deadly, also one that makes birth possibly fatal.
Amairani: I think their relationship was "adjusted" so they would dislike each other.

I'm doing the horrible 50/50 to find what mod is stopping scripts; this will mean re-re-re-loading the hood to see if it's "fixed"---but I don't really know what I'm looking for. A pop-up that says a sim wants to do something? Does it only happen the first time the house is loaded? I played a scripted hood before, and they said that after playing all lots ONE TIME, to remove the "scripted" stuff (in it's own folder), otherwise every time you entered the lot you would get the same "notice". Does this work the same way? When I first played house Fontana I thought the fights were the scripted part...they aren't.

So, if I remove some stuff, go into a lot, don't see a script/close the game, remove more CC, reopen the game, go to the same lot...maybe it won't show a script because I already played that house?

Forum Resident
#19 Old 15th Mar 2021 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
tearfortwo: can you be more specific about the disease mods you removed? I have 1 (2?) that make disease deadly, also one that makes birth possibly fatal.
Amairani: I think their relationship was "adjusted" so they would dislike each other.

DiseaseMod-Regular
DiseaseChanceBaseSpread
Test Subject
#20 Old 15th Mar 2021 at 11:55 PM
The park doesn't have a payphone, so if you take a taxi there, you can't leave.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 16th Mar 2021 at 12:10 AM
DiseaseMod-Regular
DiseaseChanceBaseSpread

===
I don't have any of these

Forum Resident
#22 Old 16th Mar 2021 at 3:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AltheaFarseer
The park doesn't have a payphone, so if you take a taxi there, you can't leave.

Sounds like an easy fix. Thanks for pointing this out. For now we can enter the park via build mode and add a pay phone.
Forum Resident
#23 Old 16th Mar 2021 at 3:21 AM
Default Swim Pool Confusion At the Helios (Munoz) Residence !
Oh my! The not really a rooftop pool at the Helios (Munoz) home behaved quite oddly. On my last day playing the household I decided to see if the pool can be used using the roof top short pool ladder. Well, a Sim was able to get in from there. (It is not actually a roof top pool. The pool itself is at ground level. The confused Sim swam through the entire first floor and popped up though the floor to answer the phone. ((LOL)). Not wanting her to die this way all I could think to do was to go into build mode and do a bit of first floor wall removal. Grabbed the pool ladder hanging on second floor wall and placed it on an outer wall of the ground level pool. All is well, My Sim survived. And now I'm off to see what awaits us at the Armstrong residence.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 16th Mar 2021 at 4:15 AM
Sounds like an easy fix. Thanks for pointing this out. For now we can enter the park via build mode and add a pay phone.

And the apartment mail box? And maybe lack of lighting is on purpose?

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 16th Mar 2021 at 6:29 AM
I thought the changelotzoning community auto-added payphones- will fix this soon!

As for the Swim pool confusion, Nappe added that in, not me, so I'll have to ask them what went wrong there.

Grammapat, I'm sorry but it really seems like this is a problem on your end, not on mine. Try placing the neighborhood in a new generated documents folder- if you don't wanna do that, then there's nothing I can do.

Download a fresh copy of the neighborhood and try putting it in a new The Sims 2 folder. It really seems to be on your end.

The only real bug that's universal is it not working if you play in another language. Is there any tutorial that lets me fix all the darn townie name randomising???? Thanks
Page 1 of 4