Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 11:49 PM
I think all the same types of mods would still be/are still being made but certainly perception changes with times changing and opinions changing.

I know back in the day I thought something like inteen was great and had countless pregnant teens for storytelling purposes because back then everybody was making all those overly dramatic stories on the exchange and it was kind of a big deal because oooh a pregnant teenager oooh you shouldn't be having woohoo until you're older oooooooh. But now I just don't find that necessary to have in my game. I also thought I was being edgy having a cigarette mod in sims 3 and making sims that smoked "because it was part of their character" but again it's just not necessary. I don't know anyone that smokes irl, the only irl person I know who had a teen pregnancy was my grandma, I just don't have any need to replicate these type of things in my game.

I do love & use ACR but only for the purpose of it's nice for my sims to pick their partner without me sometimes. Idk what happened in my life between using the sux mcnutty's rug when I was like 10 to now looking away from the screen when my sims get busy at 25, but I don't need to watch the woohooing or see my sims nekkid anymore

There's wanting your game to be realistic, and then there's too realistic me thinks.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Personally I'm not offended by it.

But was it ever really funny? "Hur hur hur grilled baby hur hur hur"

Yes, it was pretty funny to have that submitted to a theme that was for babies and toddlers, actually. Also, I have evil sims who have actually used it in my game. It is funny, and it serves a storytelling purpose.

Quote: Originally posted by CASnarl
I know back in the day I thought something like inteen was great and had countless pregnant teens for storytelling purposes because back then everybody was making all those overly dramatic stories on the exchange and it was kind of a big deal because oooh a pregnant teenager oooh you shouldn't be having woohoo until you're older oooooooh. But now I just don't find that necessary to have in my game. I also thought I was being edgy having a cigarette mod in sims 3 and making sims that smoked "because it was part of their character" but again it's just not necessary. I don't know anyone that smokes irl, the only irl person I know who had a teen pregnancy was my grandma, I just don't have any need to replicate these type of things in my game.

That's because you were a young teenager, not because of the Exchange. Those of us who were adults when the Exchange still existed thought it was horrible and broadly considered teen pregnancy to be a social ill and not something fun and exciting. If you had been older then, you would have felt the same way.
Alchemist
#28 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
ACR is adult as is Inteen. What do you mean 'wouldn't have been made? Inteen is also an old mod.
I think the contention is that society has collectively progressed to the point that nobody would make inteen today. That's obviously debatable, but teen/adult relationships in fiction are more taboo today than they were 10-15 years ago.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 1:06 AM
There will always be someone who's willing to make a mod like InTeen. Teenagers are attracted to adults and don't see anything wrong with that until they grow up, that's a pretty universal constant.
Instructor
#30 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Teenagers are attracted to adults and don't see anything wrong with that until they grow up,

I think the problem with that comes from that it's probably not teenagers who are making the mods. So then you have adults who are perpetuating the idea with these mods. But I don't want to get too real-worldy though so I'll leave that thought there. Sims don't exactly have proper ages or any of that anyway.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 1:42 AM
Yeah, there are a few of those, too, but you might be surprised at what teenagers can do in terms of making game mods, and those teenagers are always going to make up the majority of the fanbase for mods like that, which provides the reason for making that kind of mod in the first place.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 1:45 AM
A mod like InTeen is also useful for letting newly aged-up adults keep their teen love interests, not just for skeevy old people to creep on them. I mostly just used it to let me teens woohoo with other teens, because teens do, but wound up switching it for a much more basic teen woohoo mod because I wasn't interested in the pregnancy bit.

I did find the kitten killing feature hilarious though.
Alchemist
#33 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CASnarl
I think the problem with that comes from that it's probably not teenagers who are making the mods. So then you have adults who are perpetuating the idea with these mods. But I don't want to get too real-worldy though so I'll leave that thought there. Sims don't exactly have proper ages or any of that anyway.

In addition to that, while there are people willing to make all manner of controversial things, they might not be willing to sign up for the resulting backlash.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 1:49 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 21st Mar 2021 at 4:37 PM.
I have Inteen in my game, but mostly because I downloaded it back in 2006/7-ish when I was a teenager and have more or less had the same mods since (and was too afraid to break something if I removed it, probably because of that one memory file ). The mod was fun for a while (I had a period of time where I absolutely loved playing around with all sorts of mods), but then I got into storytelling and picture-taking, and the whole teen-pregnancy thing didn't fit into that. So the mod has kind of hung around without really doing much since (except for a few flavor packs I guess I still used).

I've pretty much decided it's finally getting thrown out (I'm in the business of a CC deep clean and story hood makeover), because I haven't used any of the functions in several years. I did use it for the YA pregnancy too, though. The teen part of it started feeling a bit iffy after a while. I've had some of the flavor packs, so I'll probably have to find replacements for those. At least I won't have to find inteen-compatible mods any longer, right?

I think Inteen is one of those mods that eventually would've been made. Pretty sure I've seen versions of it for TS3 and for TS4. It's not the most controversial - you could argue for the age of the teens. They can drive on their own so they're probably meant to be somewhere around 16-19 years old (probably shouldn't start a family, but it's a game - maybe some people get Inteen for storytelling purposes or for the YA/independent teen options, etc.), and YA sims are just adults going to Uni (I prefer adults having babies on regular home lots, honestly - the Uni method is so tedious, getting the family home in one piece and all...).

I think it's worse with all that boobed child (and toddler?) wear that floated about for a while. Seriously - why? And possibly pregmorphed, too (I stumbled over a video a while back while searching around Youtube, and yes - someone had indeed made some kids pregnant, with pregmorphs, but set as "teen" so they floated around. And not as a "see what's possible" but as some kind of plot in a story. What the actual...? If you for whatever reason need pregnant teens in the story, use pregnant teens. No need to be a creep and use even younger sims, 'cause that definitely ain't right...)
Instructor
#35 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 2:24 AM
I could be totally off base on this but maybe some of the simmergirl cc?

From my memory a good chunk of the outfits were very over the top with very, very large breasts for male sims (a pink leopard tube dress is coming to mind) because actual trans features weren't really a thing until 4. I just was thinking that as a lot of it was quite exaggerated that people who know what the trans capabilities of 4 are like would maybe find some of it offensive.

Although honestly most old cc is offensive on the eyes anyway just 'cause the styles of the time were so bad
Mad Poster
#36 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
A mod like InTeen is also useful for letting newly aged-up adults keep their teen love interests, not just for skeevy old people to creep on them. I mostly just used it to let me teens woohoo with other teens, because teens do, but wound up switching it for a much more basic teen woohoo mod because I wasn't interested in the pregnancy bit.

You don't need InTeen for either of those things.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
I briefly added the mod that allows adults to slap teens

That needs a mod? Why do I remember Lilith Pleasant's parents slapping the bejesus out of her?
Must be that Mandela effect I keep hearing about. I'll double check this later.

I installed InTeen one time to see what it's like (I don't have it anymore). Angela got pregnant, so she was treated internally as an adult, and because of that it gave Lilith (you know, her twin sister?) the option "Ask Permission To Go Out" when interacting with her. Ignoring the circumstances, I just thought that was kind of funny.

I do think some of InTeen is useful, like having teens graduate highschool, but aside from that I wouldn't use it either.

Why not be kind?
Scholar
#38 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 4:22 AM
Now you've got me wondering if I remember that, too! But the mod definitely led to a lot more of it.

Am I the only one who likes Inteen? I've had a couple of teen pregnancies and one on campus (Roxie and Jonah), but I mostly use it for the independent teen stage, the birth control and the oopsie babies.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 4:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Well, it's no longer on MTS. (It might still be on MATY)

Damn. Where else am I gonna get my baby back ribs... ba dum tss

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Lab Assistant
#40 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
Am I the only one who likes Inteen? I've had a couple of teen pregnancies and one on campus (Roxie and Jonah), but I mostly use it for the independent teen stage, the birth control and the oopsie babies.

I've seen plenty of people use it, so I guess it can be assumed that they "like" it?

Personally, using it in my game and making teens pregnant just made me feel... weird. I don't know, my morality didn't like it.

I use ACR for birth control and accidental babies (for adults). I also use separate mods for teens to be independent, like the one that lets teens find their own place as adults do.

Why not be kind?
Mad Poster
#41 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 7:54 AM
I use teen pregnancy (not Inteen), for my period game, because they did get married and have babies younger then.
Mad Poster
#42 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 10:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
@Justpetro -We both feel the same way about Mods except that I will only add in one I didn't initialy want if I find it fixes a amjor bug I find or it fixes an issue or fits my historical games.I install some Mods just for more realism in historical settings because I play a lot of games set in the 16th or 17th centuries like my Pleasanview Epic Challenge set in the 17th century colonial era.I don't want to enable teen woohoo or teen pregnancies though inteen migh get in for being able to have teen couples marry or teen/adult couples maintain their romances until the younger one ages up though the married teen couples are only allowed to woohoo once both are adult age.
I might have that gill baby Mod in for some historcal stories like the witch hunts in the later 17th century to pretend parents of unplanned babies in those dark times had only a few options for an unplanned or unwanted baby when adoptions weren't allowed.It might also be great for a horror video or a sad story about a couple in a very desperate situation about to starve to death.

I use a variety of mods that suits my game; some I simply like, some fixes bugs, etc. If I ever play a historical hood, I will probably need other mods for that, and then I will get them. Personally, I don't use InTeen; because I don't really want my teens to be pregnant, but in a historical hood, it is probably necessary - people got married very young then. In the end it is still a choice, and it seems quite simple to me. There are mods I will never touch (story progression, for instance - since I believe I am the ONLY one who decides what happens in my game ) - but seriously, who cares if other players do want to use it? And as for the grilled baby mod -obviously some players will not like it, while others will find it hilarious; but it remains a choice.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#43 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
I think the contention is that society has collectively progressed to the point that nobody would make inteen today. That's obviously debatable, but teen/adult relationships in fiction are more taboo today than they were 10-15 years ago.

I've never used Inteen, but isn't it basically wicked whims but a bit more pg? Also I heard there is a more pg version of Wicked whims, so there is an old teen pregnancy mod and a new one or am I completely mixed up? There are also other teen pregnancy mods like wild child.
The whole adult teen thing I wasn't aware of, I thought they were talking about teen pregnancy.

But since wiked whims is fairly new then how is the question even relevent-because people modded it then and they modded it now. Do we have a headscartch emote? I need one.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#44 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 2:32 PM
Considering that Dr. Suess (SP?) is being banned for social "incorrectness", I think LOTS of things would be out. Skin tones would have to include ALL possible skins. Same-sex marriage would have to exist (without mods), likewise home-schooling. And if you want to get REALLY "woke"...this is where I leave.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Alchemist
#45 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 3:16 PM
Wicked Whims isn't like inteen,as far as I know. It's more like a mix of ACR and jokerswild.

Dr. Seuss didn't get banned. The company set up by his family has decided to stop publishing a few books because they believe it's important not to introduce racist ideas to small children.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 4:07 PM Last edited by HarVee : 21st Mar 2021 at 8:48 PM.
Because Green Eggs & Ham is racist against Plantsims.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Lab Assistant
#47 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 4:38 PM
I know on a positive side to this all of this, mods relating to clothing being added for trans Sims would be taken much more positively without some of the... Comments and phrases they used to get.
Theorist
#48 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 5:38 PM
I was a kid when Sims 2 came out and personally I never used Inteen. It never interested me. I played plenty of melodramatic storylines, still do, I got the romance mod just so that my Romance Sims could live in poly-amorous relationships, but teen pregnancy never interested me.

Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Yes, it was pretty funny to have that submitted to a theme that was for babies and toddlers, actually. Also, I have evil sims who have actually used it in my game. It is funny, and it serves a storytelling purpose.

Well, humour is a very subjective thing. As I said it doesn't offend me, but "hur hur grill babbeh" isn't exactly my kind of humour either. Though I can imagine getting a mild chuckle at seeing it submitted for a "Babies and Toddlers" theme. Or rolling my eyes at someone trying to be funny. Or maybe both.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#49 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 6:29 PM
I only want inteen for teen marriages,teens to remain in love with their romance partner after one of the couple has aged to adult or childhood bff's to be able to form a romance even if one is adult and the other is still teen though I am banning teen woohoo and pregnanicies because that's not welcome in my game though the miscarriages are fine as long as I can have them only if I trigger them as it was common in my historcal period games.
I got the baby grill for the time in the 17th century when the Pilgrims started coming to the new world to join colonies or start their own.Some of the religious groups of that period were bizarre and did some very strange things.There were many religious cults mixed in there as well.That object was for better realisim of that period and the types of settlers coming over at that time.
Forum Resident
#50 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
teens to remain in love with their romance partner after one of the couple has aged to adult.

There is an individual mod for that by TwoJeffs. It's called Age Transition - Teens Keep Old Loves. It's what I use.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Page 2 of 4