Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Body Shop - Clean UI & Widescreen

by SmugTomato Posted 25th Mar 2021 at 1:24 PM - Updated 13th Jun 2022 at 11:03 AM by SmugTomato : Fixed a scrollbar in the import menu for hair

119 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 94 Feedback Posts, 24 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 5
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 2:08 PM
Oh wow, this is incredible!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 2:32 PM
This looks perfect! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 3:06 PM
Amazing. You've gone above and beyond with this.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator THANKS POST
#5 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 3:11 PM
Very cool - now we just need Homecrafter. Lovely, thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 3:31 PM Last edited by ClaudetteCorleone : 25th Mar 2021 at 3:50 PM.
This is terrific! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 3:50 PM
Oh heck yes! I was just thinking the other day about how we need something like this for Body Shop. Many thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 4:05 PM
You made my dream come true! Can you make a version for 1366x768?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 4:17 PM
Awesome! I knew BS wasn't far behind after Clean UI facelift S2 got.
Not to sound ungrateful, but yeah, 1366x768 compatible, would be appreciated. That's more commonly used than 1900x...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 4:17 PM Last edited by Niiice-Pants : 25th Mar 2021 at 4:41 PM.
Any chance you might know a way to update Bodyshop Mechanic to use the launcher instead of the main executable? If I could somehow use this AND bodyshop mechanic it would be fantastic. I mean otherwise I'm just using this, it's wonderful and I can't thank you enough for doing this. You're the best.

edit: Actually I've got a minor issue with mine, the camera hasn't changed so the top of their heads are cut off. It's not a big deal because I can just use free cam, but I see in your screenshot the camera is fine. Any suggestions?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Niiice-Pants
Any chance you might know a way to update Bodyshop Mechanic to use the launcher instead of the main executable? If I could somehow use this AND bodyshop mechanic it would be fantastic. I mean otherwise I'm just using this, it's wonderful and I can't thank you enough for doing this. You're the best.

edit: Actually I've got a minor issue with mine, the camera hasn't changed so the top of their heads are cut off. It's not a big deal because I can just use free cam, but I see in your screenshot the camera is fine. Any suggestions?

Did you get an error message popup? Depending on your hard drive speed and amount of installed CC you might have to raise the 'iMaxRetries' value in the BodyShopHack.ini file.
The default is 1000, try raising this to something like 5000 or higher if you're having trouble.

I unfortunately won't be able to make it so that Bodyshop Mechanic can launch BS through my executable, you should still be able to use it to change the lighting and poses, but you'll have to launch bodyshop manually.

Quote: Originally posted by melo-drama
You made my dream come true! Can you make a version for 1366x768?

I'm not planning on making a 1366x768 version at the moment as it's a very time-consuming task to place all the elements and most people have 1080p displays nowadays.
Test Subject
#12 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SmugTomato
Did you get an error message popup? Depending on your hard drive speed and amount of installed CC you might have to raise the 'iMaxRetries' value in the BodyShopHack.ini file.
The default is 1000, try raising this to something like 5000 or higher if you're having trouble.

I unfortunately won't be able to make it so that Bodyshop Mechanic can launch BS through my executable, you should still be able to use it to change the lighting and poses, but you'll have to launch bodyshop manually.

Thanks for the quick response! Yes, I did get the error message. Raising the maxretries did the trick, funnily enough I edited this just before seeing your reply, so I just added a 0 to the end (from 1000 to 10000, is that too much? haha). As for Bodyshop Mechanic, I figured as much. I don't mind having to launch it manually to change lighting and poses and backgrounds if I can finally see what the heck I'm doing in body shop! So thank you again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 5:04 PM
This is so sleek, thank you SO much! Instant must have download for me.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Niiice-Pants
Thanks for the quick response! Yes, I did get the error message. Raising the maxretries did the trick, funnily enough I edited this just before seeing your reply, so I just added a 0 to the end (from 1000 to 10000, is that too much? haha). As for Bodyshop Mechanic, I figured as much. I don't mind having to launch it manually to change lighting and poses and backgrounds if I can finally see what the heck I'm doing in body shop! So thank you again.

It shouldn't be a big deal if you set it to 10,000 or even 100,000, the setting is basically only there because trying to mess with some things before Body Shop is properly loaded will cause a crash and I can't predict how long loading will take on different machines.
basically every time you add 600 it will allow for an extra minute of startup time before giving up on hooking into the BS executable.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 5:10 PM
How do you even move the buttons position? Just curious..
Test Subject
#16 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 5:14 PM
It shouldn't be a big deal if you set it to 10,000 or even 100,000, the setting is basically only there because trying to mess with some things before Body Shop is properly loaded will cause a crash and I can't predict how long loading will take on different machines.
basically every time you add 600 it will allow for an extra minute of startup time before giving up on hooking into the BS executable.

Good to know! Thank you again.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GithdaVro
How do you even move the buttons position? Just curious..

By changing the UI files, they look a lot like XML files, there's a more info in this thread.
Test Subject
#18 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 5:16 PM
I'm not planning on making a 1366x768 version at the moment as it's a very time-consuming task to place all the elements and most people have 1080p displays nowadays.

Oh, I understood. Is it possible then to resize to 1280x720 to fit smaller monitors?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by melo-drama
Oh, I understood. Is it possible then to resize to 1280x720 to fit smaller monitors?

The UI files for 800x600 mode would have to be edited, the easiest way would probably be to take my edited files as a base, change their group in SimPE and painstakingly adjust all the values to fit 720p, a handful of graphics and the camera values in the ini file would also have to be tweaked.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 7:03 PM
This is so amazing, thank you so much!
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 8:24 PM
Feedback
The top of the sim's head was cut off (without error message), I fixed it by modifying the BodyShopHack.ini file like so:
iWindowWidth = 1920
iWindowHeight = 1080

1920x1080 being my screen's native resolution.

Clean UI
For those of us who like the old blue UI, is it possible to just have the widescreen mod without the Clean UI by some simple editing of an .ini file for instance?

And finally, thank you for sharing this very useful mod! I randomly rolled the dice a few times just to test it, and I can see so many little details on the outfits, that were hardly visible before
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
The top of the sim's head was cut off (without error message), I fixed it by modifying the BodyShopHack.ini file like so:
iWindowWidth = 1920
iWindowHeight = 1080

1920x1080 being my screen's native resolution.

For those of us who like the old blue UI, is it possible to just have the widescreen mod without the Clean UI by some simple editing of an .ini file for instance?

I've noticed that the error popup tends to stay hidden behind the Body Shop window (great popup window I know :P), so it could be that you've simply missed it.
If it did work after you set the resolution to 1920x1080 it should also work on the default 1600x900 since it's the same aspect ratio.

It's not possible to keep the old blue UI with this mod, the Body Shop UI didn't lend itself very well to being extended like the in-game UI so I had to resort to redesigning large parts entirely.
Well, technically you could delete the .package file and only have the window be scaled, but it wouldn't be very functional with the UI in the middle of the screen.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 9:29 PM
I've noticed that the error popup tends to stay hidden behind the Body Shop window (great popup window I know :P), so it could be that you've simply missed it.
If it did work after you set the resolution to 1920x1080 it should also work on the default 1600x900 since it's the same aspect ratio.

It's not possible to keep the old blue UI with this mod, the Body Shop UI didn't lend itself very well to being extended like the in-game UI so I had to resort to redesigning large parts entirely.
Well, technically you could delete the .package file and only have the window be scaled, but it wouldn't be very functional with the UI in the middle of the screen.

I was just looking through the ui image files, considering how much time it would take to retro-ify it for fun.
Anything I should know about the files? Are any of them stretched to fit the wider screen, or anything like that?
(For reference, I do UI design for work, so I'm not going into this blind or anything.)

Also this is totally friggen awesome. Thank you SO much!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 9:40 PM
Some graphics are edge-images, they can be scaled as much as you want in any direction, these are mostly things like background images.
Something worth noting is that buttons are quite finicky in their placement, they need to have all 4 corners set pretty much pixel perfect or they'll have weird stretching.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 9:51 PM
Some graphics are edge-images, they can be scaled as much as you want in any direction, these are mostly things like background images.
Something worth noting is that buttons are quite finicky in their placement, they need to have all 4 corners set pretty much pixel perfect or they'll have weird stretching.

Groovy. Thanks!
Page 1 of 5