Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 8:37 AM
Default Importing props for animations
I wanted to know how props like spoons/knives for cooking. Waterbaloons in waterbaloon fights. Gifts while gift giving. How do I import these things to blender and then attach them to the sim's hand?
Are there any kind of guides or tutorials or tips?

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#2 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 8:41 AM
@TheSweetSimmer maybe you know?

Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#3 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 10:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PuddingFace
I wanted to know how props like spoons/knives for cooking. Waterbaloons in waterbaloon fights. Gifts while gift giving. How do I import these things to blender and then attach them to the sim's hand?
Are there any kind of guides or tutorials or tips?
I thiiiink it's the same way the way you'd import props? (So this tutorial: https://sims3cliptool.wordpress.com...oseproptutoria/ ) Can't remember if this also counts for prop-props :p but the way I know how EA does it, is that they put the prop on ground level, hook it onto the sim's hand and then it unhooks the IK target to gift it to a sim (so you can see with gifts basically, that they sort of teleport/snap to the other IK target, so the hand).

So, gifts, water balloons, all that stuff, don't actually have any animations. It's pretty much Sim A having a prop snapped to their hands, then in the code, this gets changed to be snapped to Sim's B's hand (Or inside the CLIP files data rather? Can't remember). So, if you were to check the animation for any gifts or waterballoons, then you might find yourself surprised that there is none  (Maybe for waterballoons though but yeah :p)
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 12:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
I thiiiink it's the same way the way you'd import props? (So this tutorial: https://sims3cliptool.wordpress.com...oseproptutoria/ ) Can't remember if this also counts for prop-props :p but the way I know how EA does it, is that they put the prop on ground level, hook it onto the sim's hand and then it unhooks the IK target to gift it to a sim (so you can see with gifts basically, that they sort of teleport/snap to the other IK target, so the hand).

So, gifts, water balloons, all that stuff, don't actually have any animations. It's pretty much Sim A having a prop snapped to their hands, then in the code, this gets changed to be snapped to Sim's B's hand (Or inside the CLIP files data rather? Can't remember). So, if you were to check the animation for any gifts or waterballoons, then you might find yourself surprised that there is none  (Maybe for waterballoons though but yeah :p)

Ok this explains a lot. I did import prop + animation and saw this.
They have small animations with small keyframes. Magic wands behaved the same way. (I remember from my enhanced witches mod).

Thank you for your reply.