1 people viewing
Replies: 8 (Who?), Viewed: 250 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 10:30 PM
Default Remastered The Sims 2 Launcher
Hi, I'd like to show you my remastered The Sims 2 Launcher. I want to know your opinions, suggestions and any other comments about it.

The Launcher has bigger icons, custom title bar and options for full screen, resolution and language.





If you noticed a "Splash" checkbox then let me show you what it does!



It displays your newest expansion pack logo for a few seconds, before the game loads.

If you are interested in my launcher, let me know!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 12:13 PM
I love how you are still keeping with the TS2 aesthetics with your launcher! The only thing I can really give feedback on is having more options for settings like borderless widescreen, Sims2RPC, Enabled/Disabled Custom Content.

Will your launcher will also launch BodyShop or is it just The Sims 2 game only?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 4:42 PM
It looks that it works well with Windows 10 (correct me if I'm mistaken). You don't have to change UAC settings for this launcher to avoid 'this app has been blocked for your protection' message? I get this message with TS2 Launcher, so I have to bypass it. I'd rather leave UAC settings as they are. They exist for some reason.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 7:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMple
I love how you are still keeping with the TS2 aesthetics with your launcher! The only thing I can really give feedback on is having more options for settings like borderless widescreen, Sims2RPC, Enabled/Disabled Custom Content.

Will your launcher will also launch BodyShop or is it just The Sims 2 game only?

I can try adding all these options. Ty for suggestions!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 7:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meduza
It looks that it works well with Windows 10 (correct me if I'm mistaken). You don't have to change UAC settings for this launcher to avoid 'this app has been blocked for your protection' message? I get this message with TS2 Launcher, so I have to bypass it. I'd rather leave UAC settings as they are. They exist for some reason.

Yeah, it doesn't have problem with that.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 26th Apr 2021 at 12:27 AM
This doesn't have the hotloading of .asi like RPC does, does it?

zu, zu, zu matán
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 8:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarVee
This doesn't have the hotloading of .asi like RPC does, does it?

I can try to add RPC support, so all it's functions would work with my launcher.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 4th May 2021 at 3:27 PM
I like this idea, it's nice to know that the launcher can be improved! What does the "Game Version" button represent? The version of base game that is installed?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th May 2021 at 9:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mate54
I like this idea, it's nice to know that the launcher can be improved! What does the "Game Version" button represent? The version of base game that is installed?

Yeah, it's just visual. An idea for adding more icons. Probably gonna remove it, don't know yet.
Back to top