Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Toddlers Can Use Stairs

by lizcandor Posted 27th Apr 2021 at 8:22 PM - Updated 4th Jul 2021 at 2:43 AM by lizcandor

79 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts, 44 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 8:55 PM
OMG! This is amazing! TYSM
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 9:13 PM
WOOT Thank you thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 9:29 PM
This was so lacking! Thank you!!!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 10:21 PM
Thank You!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#6 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 10:42 PM
So excited for this mod, I'm guilty of refreshing the MTS front page a gazillion times a day ever since it was announced in the Modding Discussion thread. Toddlers rejoice: free at last! Thank you so so much for making this happen lizcandor, so thrilled!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#7 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 10:43 PM
Aw I can't use this because I use a mod to override the way pregnant sims walk, but I just wanted to say that this is absolutely fantastic, and thanks for making it !
Forum Resident
#8 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 11:27 PM
Quote:
Currently, only straight staircases have been unlocked for toddlers' use; spiral staircases to come, they have separate code.

Also wanted to request L-shaped stairs if possible.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MissPat
Also wanted to request L-shaped stairs if possible.

I don't think I've ever seen L-shaped stairs, where can I find those? I'll add that to the improvements list. (As well as finding a way to do this without replacing the LocomotionConfig XML, @Pary - I'm sure it's possible to do that somehow, I just have to keep looking)
Test Subject
#10 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 3:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lizcandor
I don't think I've ever seen L-shaped stairs, where can I find those? I'll add that to the improvements list. (As well as finding a way to do this without replacing the LocomotionConfig XML, @Pary - I'm sure it's possible to do that somehow, I just have to keep looking)

Brunch at the Old Mill has a version:
https://store.thesims3.com/setsProd...&section=UpSell

And I think there's also a modern version but can't remember which set contains it
Test Subject
#11 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 3:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simeon Simmering
And I think there's also a modern version but can't remember which set contains it

Prism Art Studio.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 3:49 AM
How about that! I have that set [edit: and the art studio too lol], but I bought it for the tea set and the canning station [and the glass blowing] and absolutely nothing else so I never even noticed the stairs Turns out I have 4 different sets of L-shaped stairs I must have gotten with other stuff at some point and I just...ignored them all. I should probably be a little less fixated on premium content, lesson learned.

Weirdly, I can't find any code clearly referring to L-shaped stairs, which makes me wonder if they use the spiral staircase code? I don't know why they would, but I can't see any other way they could be working yet. Will check it out over the weekend, thanks for the heads up MissPat and Simeon Simmering!
Forum Resident
#13 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 4:41 AM
Simeon Simmering and Straw Man: thanks, I was thinking of those stairs exactly.
Also on TSR there is this set: https://www.thesimsresource.com/art...rs-/id/1115099/

Hopefully looking into custom L-shaped stairs will help! Good luck.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 7:14 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you ! It was on my wish list, I can't wait to try it.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#15 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 11:19 AM
Oh, thank you @lizcandor, but you just get the different stairs sorted out and whatever else you need to do. There's no rush, but thank you very much for acknowledging looking for a solution
Scholar
THANKS POST
#16 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 12:39 PM
This is wonderful! Thank you so much!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#17 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 3:12 PM
This is absolutely amazing and much needed. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 3:40 PM
Great mod.
Now just waiting for puppies/kittens version.
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
#19 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 6:25 PM
*chef's kiss* I have wanted this for as long as I've played TS3. Thank you so much!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 7:42 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I've probably been waiting for something like this since 2009. Or at least for a very long time!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#21 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 9:24 PM
That is absolutely amazing! Any chance you could do this for kittens and puppies too?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#22 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 12:03 PM
ADORABLE
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 12:06 PM
ありがとう。日本より愛をこめて。thank you
Scholar
THANKS POST
#24 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 2:53 PM
Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#25 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 6:11 PM
Wonderful to still see massive game-changer mods being made for TS3- thank you!
Page 1 of 4