Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Toddler Timeout with fixed animations.

by Zafire Posted 7th Jun 2021 at 5:14 AM - Updated 20th Jul 2023 at 1:30 PM by Zafire

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 7th Jun 2021 at 10:35 AM
Super! This is going to be good. Thank you dear.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 2:12 PM
I have been waiting for a mod like this since parenthood came out, so thank you very much!
Test Subject
#4 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 2:57 PM
Hi! Me again, when I go to discipline my toddler, I dont see the timeout option
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 10:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SavPMA
Hi! Me again, when I go to discipline my toddler, I dont see the timeout option

Hi.

The sim trying to give the timeout are they at least level 4 in the parenting skill? A sim first learn to timeout their children at level 4 unless you have a mod that alters that, then it should be whenever the mod is set to.
Also your toddler needs to have been naughty first before you can timeout them out. Like making a mess etc.
Test Subject
#6 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zafire
Hi.

The sim trying to give the timeout are they at least level 4 in the parenting skill? A sim first learn to timeout their children at level 4 unless you have a mod that alters that, then it should be whenever the mod is set to.
Also your toddler needs to have been naughty first before you can timeout them out. Like making a mess etc.

My sims are level 10 and the toddler was naughty too ;-; maybe its a problem on my end ill try to check it out
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SavPMA
My sims are level 10 and the toddler was naughty too ;-; maybe its a problem on my end ill try to check it out

How odd. Sounds like a conflict perhaps. I would suggest 50/50 your mods unless you got an idea of what it could be. Should you find it, let me know, might have to add it as a conflict with my mod.
Instructor
#8 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 5:15 PM
Thank you!
I always wanted to be able to send my tiny tots to timeout for being naughty. What's the point of having parenting skills if even the toddlers can't be disciplined?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 7:56 PM
Thank you for updating. Love this mod. Bless you.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#10 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 9:34 PM
Thank you for the update and for the mod! Love this bit of realism and family gameplay!
Test Subject
#11 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 2:40 AM
Hi. I'm also having trouble getting this mod to work. My sim adults are level 10 parenting and nothing shows up on them or the toddlers for a time out. I tested it with just this mod installed and still nothing.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simgirl542
Hi. I'm also having trouble getting this mod to work. My sim adults are level 10 parenting and nothing shows up on them or the toddlers for a time out. I tested it with just this mod installed and still nothing.

Odd. Are they doing something naughty? Like make a mess or something. You can't just give them a punishment out of the blue.
Test Subject
#13 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 6:04 AM
I had a bratty toddler who was throwing a fit. I even had the toddler bite their parent. All of the Parenthood options were available, but nothing for a time out. I tried it in three different households. Even when I had one toddler make a mess all the parent could do was ask, yell, scold, or comfort. No time outs.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 7:45 PM
I had a bratty toddler who was throwing a fit. I even had the toddler bite their parent. All of the Parenthood options were available, but nothing for a time out. I tried it in three different households. Even when I had one toddler make a mess all the parent could do was ask, yell, scold, or comfort. No time outs.

I just tested it in my own game and it worked just fine. The toddler was making a mess, I went under "punish" and it was right there.
Is it the up to date? (not from the patch that dropped today, the one before) it needed a slight change so it was updated. Also sorry for asking this rather simple question, but you did unzip the file so you get the package only?
Test Subject
#15 Old 25th Aug 2021 at 10:21 AM
I took it out of my mods folder, but I will try it again in the near future. Yes, I did unzip the file.
Test Subject
#16 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 6:37 AM
Okay. I just put the mod back in and it worked. Thank you for helping me figure this out.
Test Subject
#17 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 9:30 AM
Parenting Unlocked is Incompatible
Initially this mod didn't work. I just checked my mods that had to do with parenting. The mod "Parenting Unlocked" in my folder is called "Parent Discipline Actions For All" by tecnic on MTS. After removing, the mod worked.

Hope this helps someone.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 11:36 AM
Okay. I just put the mod back in and it worked. Thank you for helping me figure this out.

Glad it worked, in the end. Strange that it didn't work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 11:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bzpam
Initially this mod didn't work. I just checked my mods that had to do with parenting. The mod "Parenting Unlocked" in my folder is called "Parent Discipline Actions For All" by tecnic on MTS. After removing, the mod worked.

Hope this helps someone.

Had a look at his mods and it overrides two if the same files my does, so that would be why. I'll add the mod to "Conflict" Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 22nd Sep 2021 at 12:32 AM
Cool! Can't wait to try it out. Coming from a large family. There should be 3 reactions. Cry, Tantrum, and Sitting quietly. Depending on the situation, you would get anyone from different siblings. Hoping they are random. Thanks for making this!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 22nd Sep 2021 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BougieBabe
Cool! Can't wait to try it out. Coming from a large family. There should be 3 reactions. Cry, Tantrum, and Sitting quietly. Depending on the situation, you would get anyone from different siblings. Hoping they are random. Thanks for making this!

They don't sit, perhaps something that could be added at some point. But the rest is random :D
Field Researcher
#22 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 6:39 PM
The rar file contains two files. One says V2.1. Should I keep both?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 28th Jul 2022 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by justpass11
The rar file contains two files. One says V2.1. Should I keep both?

Oh thank you for reporting that! You should only keep the V2.1. I have updated the rar so there is only 1 file now.