Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Medieval Style UI Interface for Sims 3

by votenga Posted 10th Jun 2021 at 6:21 PM - Updated 25th Feb 2023 at 9:09 PM by votenga

49 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 25 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 10th Jun 2021 at 7:16 PM
Thank you! Great work! I love everything medieval.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 10th Jun 2021 at 10:11 PM
Wow, great work! It's not easy to make custom GUIs because there are hundreds of images to edit, even if you got some of them from Medieval, I imagine it wasn't easy to do the rest. Next time I play in a Medieval themed world, I'll use this interface to get fully immersed.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 11th Jun 2021 at 3:05 AM
Much needed, love it, thanks!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 11th Jun 2021 at 3:16 AM
Looks great! Thank you for sharing this mod with us.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 11th Jun 2021 at 4:29 AM
This is really impressive! Thanks for making this!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 11th Jun 2021 at 6:58 AM
This is stunning, good job!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 11th Jun 2021 at 10:33 AM
good job!thanks!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 6:40 AM
This looks so cool <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 11:05 AM
Oh my oh my, this something I'd been loking for for so long! And it looks so good. I can't wait until I add it to play my medieval save, and with all TSM soundtrack added too it's going to be so amazing. Thank you so much!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 12:17 PM
Ooof! this rocks my little world.... and also puts me in the mood for TSM.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 2:06 PM Last edited by chokolady : 12th Jun 2021 at 4:19 PM.
This is beautiful <3!
As for things that are still blue/old color:
In edit town in family bin the 2 buttons; one for show custom content only and unhide all installed custom content
While loading CAS; the family square right under
In CAS; body shapes icons
In CAS; a blue line right above sliders, for example ears
While building a house where no sims live; the edit town-f1 button from there is also blue
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 3:34 PM
It looks great, but it seems like its incompatible with Nraas PortraitPanel. When the 2 mods are downloaded the sims portrait are invisible. I think because both mods edit a file called HUDskewer.
Will your mod still function if I use S3PE to remove the conflicting instance from your mod and use the rest?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chokolady
This is beautiful <3!
As for things that are still blue/old color:
In edit town in family bin the 2 buttons; one for show custom content only and unhide all installed custom content
While loading CAS; the family square right under
In CAS; body shapes icons
In CAS; a blue line right above sliders, for example ears
While building a house where no sims live; the edit town-f1 button from there is also blue

Thanks I will look into these ☺️
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simrune
It looks great, but it seems like its incompatible with Nraas PortraitPanel. When the 2 mods are downloaded the sims portrait are invisible. I think because both mods edit a file called HUDskewer.
Will your mod still function if I use S3PE to remove the conflicting instance from your mod and use the rest?

I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t if you take the file away it should still work as normal
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 9:57 AM
This is wonderful!

Is there any chance you could do a version without the main loading screen? I'm currently using a Sims Medieval loading screen replacement by ModestPixels, which I really like, and I'd love to be able to use your UI edits as well as her loading screen edit. Would this be possible for you to do? Either way, thank you for the fantastic mod, it makes medieval gameplay even more immersive!
Inventor
#17 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 10:45 AM Last edited by chokolady : 13th Jun 2021 at 11:03 AM.
Update on things I found:
Acquaintance icon in relationship panel is blue, maybe other relationships too. I haven't seen it yet.
Relationship progression bar when talking to other sims(left upper corner) is kinda see through, not sure if that is intended.
Undo-redo in buy category are blue, but not in build.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 1:02 PM
Love it! I want to make a small modification for personal use, could you share what hue changes you used to make some of the blue be orange/red? Like 150 to the left or right on the hue bar, info like that?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmingrightnow
Love it! I want to make a small modification for personal use, could you share what hue changes you used to make some of the blue be orange/red? Like 150 to the left or right on the hue bar, info like that?

So I used paint.net for altering the image files, selecting the area to change I used sepia and the hue saturation to +140

Hope that helps, other colour changes are in the layout files which alter font colours and some shading icons. This is conversion to hex colour numbering which I’m still working through to fix some issues
Instructor
THANKS POST
#20 Old 15th Jun 2021 at 3:18 PM
Thank you so much !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 2:26 AM
wow it looks beautiful
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#22 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 7:45 AM
Wow this is amazing! Can't wait to use it in my game
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 17th Aug 2021 at 4:05 AM
Holy shit! This looks amazing! Wow, I'm so happy more people are making UI mods for TS3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 10:04 PM
This is an absolute game changer, thank you so much for your hard work. I've been using your UI for a while now and my gaming experience would've not been the same without it. Thank you again for making this mod and sharing it with the community. I've tried to convert TSM UI to sims 3 myself a while ago, and it was tedious, so your work is very very appreciated!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 16th Sep 2021 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Askaga
This is an absolute game changer, thank you so much for your hard work. I've been using your UI for a while now and my gaming experience would've not been the same without it. Thank you again for making this mod and sharing it with the community. I've tried to convert TSM UI to sims 3 myself a while ago, and it was tedious, so your work is very very appreciated!

thanks! it was very tedious i have made loads of medieval content, some i have made and others extracted from the sims medieval thats never been posted for the sims 3 as far as i can see, currently working on a medieval themed world and the ui mod was a must!

i know its still not 100% but its close enough!
Page 1 of 2