Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Archaeology Kit 2

by Simsonian Library Posted 12th Jun 2021 at 12:38 AM - Updated 1st Sep 2022 at 2:41 AM by Simsonian Library

75 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 59 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 4
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 6:07 AM
Literally a neat game play kit!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 7:35 AM
I needed this so bad thankyou
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 10:01 AM
Love this mod! TY
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 12:05 PM
This is amazing! Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 12:19 PM
Translated your mod to Brazilian Portuguese! Please credit Ayrthwil, this is my translator nickname c: http://www.simfileshare.net/download/2531895/
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#7 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 12:21 PM
Oh, awesome! I've always wanted to be able to do the Survey for Dig Site in other locations. And it's even cooler that you made place-specific treasures to dig up Great job!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 10:08 PM
This is a great addition to the game, thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 3:35 PM
WOW! What an amazing addition to the game you've made here! I haven't tried it yet, but I absolutely adore the idea, especially the region-specificness of it all. Major kudos!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#10 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 7:55 AM
This is fantastic, thank you! I've often felt that places like Windenburg and Brindleton Bay would be ideal for dig sites and I'll be able to do this now. You're fantastic, thank you for sharing this with us!
Test Subject
#11 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 4:24 PM
I LOVE this mod, or the idea of it. I can not get it to work at all. I have tried with the new lot trait and without it (and on different lots), but no. The dig pile show up and she can dig...she is just getting nothing. She digs forever, hours on, until all motives are down, but nothing. And when I force her to stop, the dig site is still there, doesn´t go away. What am I doing wrong..? I really want this to work.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 5:10 PM
I'm seeing the same thing as the above person. I set a Sim to survey a dig site in Windenburg, then set up an excavation site, but then he dug for about 6 hours getting absolutely nothing. So, something isn't quite right about this. It's too bad; I was very excited to try it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amber Lokisdotter
I'm seeing the same thing as the above person. I set a Sim to survey a dig site in Windenburg, then set up an excavation site, but then he dug for about 6 hours getting absolutely nothing. So, something isn't quite right about this. It's too bad; I was very excited to try it.

I will check into this issue ASAP! I left the time it takes to find artifacts in dig piles the same as it is in Jungle Adventure. I usually end up with about 5 finds per excavation site.

If nothing else, I can see about reducing the time it takes to find artifacts in a dig pile. I've always thought the built-in time takes too long, anyway.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sweden
I LOVE this mod, or the idea of it. I can not get it to work at all. I have tried with the new lot trait and without it (and on different lots), but no. The dig pile show up and she can dig...she is just getting nothing. She digs forever, hours on, until all motives are down, but nothing. And when I force her to stop, the dig site is still there, doesn´t go away. What am I doing wrong..? I really want this to work.

I'm looking into this. I left the basic 'find something in a dig pile' mechanic to be the same as in Jungle Adventure, so I would think it would take the the same amount of time.

It's possible that you are running into a situation where the things you are finding are from a pack that you don't have (which might throw a silent error). I'm not 100% sure that the MTS scanner captured all the packs needed. I'll double check that as well.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 5:43 PM
Default Vampires and ROM required?
I installed this and got an immediate LE. I believe it is because I have the vampires pack disabled. If this is the reason, it would probably be helpful to users to note what packs are required on the main mod page.
Test Subject
#16 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsonian Library
I'm looking into this. I left the basic 'find something in a dig pile' mechanic to be the same as in Jungle Adventure, so I would think it would take the the same amount of time.

It's possible that you are running into a situation where the things you are finding are from a pack that you don't have (which might throw a silent error). I'm not 100% sure that the MTS scanner captured all the packs needed. I'll double check that as well.

Thank you so much for taking a look at it. I have all packs except Courtyard Oasis, Retrokit, Country Kitchen Kit and Dream Home Decorator gp. This mod sounds a lot of fun, I really wanna play it!
Is Claeric
#17 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 8:44 PM
Does this include crystals and gems from the base game, by chance? I'm always looking for more ways to find those.

I have a request, since you appear to understand how to add loot to different things: Would it be possible to expand the digsite, dig spot, and frog spawners to also have a chance to spawn insects? I've been trying to do this myself without much experience modding sims 4 for a while now and would love it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Scarity
Does this include crystals and gems from the base game, by chance? I'm always looking for more ways to find those.

I have a request, since you appear to understand how to add loot to different things: Would it be possible to expand the digsite, dig spot, and frog spawners to also have a chance to spawn insects? I've been trying to do this myself without much experience modding sims 4 for a while now and would love it.

Yes, both crystal and gems have a chance of being found, depending on where you are.

Regarding insect spawners, have you seen this one?
https://modthesims.info/d/580697/ou...s-unlocked.html
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 9:47 PM
This mod is AMAZING, I love Archaeology!!!

Also seconding the request for the insect spawners. I hand-placed MenaceMan's unlocked ones in EVERY world using TOOL a while back but it would be so nice if they could appear naturally.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 9:52 PM Last edited by Simsonian Library : 14th Jun 2021 at 10:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sweden
Thank you so much for taking a look at it. I have all packs except Courtyard Oasis, Retrokit, Country Kitchen Kit and Dream Home Decorator gp. This mod sounds a lot of fun, I really wanna play it!

I was just able to replicate the same issue you and Amber Lokisdotter encountered when I installed Little Ms Sam's Small Archaeology Overhaul mod. The sim digs and digs, but finds nothing. You can see when they are supposed to find something, since their right arm pokes into the dig pile and sort of makes a motion to their pocket (the 'found something' animation). That happens, but no artifacts are found.

So if you are using the Small Archaeology Overhaul mod, try removing it and see if this works for you after that.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amber Lokisdotter

I discovered a conflict with the Small Archaeology Overhaul mod that has the exact same symptoms as you described. Are you using that one as well?
Test Subject
#22 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsonian Library
I was just able to replicate the same issue you and Amber Lokisdotter encountered when I installed Little Ms Sam's Small Archaeology Overhaul mod. The sim digs and digs, but finds nothing. You can see when they are supposed to find something, since their right arm pokes into the dig pile and sort of makes a motion to their pocket (the 'found something' animation). That happens, but no artifacts are found.

So if you are using the Small Archaeology Overhaul mod, try removing it and see if this works for you after that.

AHA!! I AM using that mod, gonna get rid of it immediately. THANK YOU!!
Test Subject
#23 Old 16th Jun 2021 at 1:30 PM
I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong... I set up an excavation site just outside of my lot to test the mod out and placed my archaeology table nearby. My sim found a clump of dirt, but I am unable to drag the clump onto the table, and there's no option to do it on the radial menu. I had to go back home and drag it onto a table at my home lot. Is there any way to extract artifacts out in the field?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 16th Jun 2021 at 1:55 PM Last edited by Simsonian Library : 16th Jun 2021 at 2:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by nova2017
I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong... I set up an excavation site just outside of my lot to test the mod out and placed my archaeology table nearby. My sim found a clump of dirt, but I am unable to drag the clump onto the table, and there's no option to do it on the radial menu. I had to go back home and drag it onto a table at my home lot. Is there any way to extract artifacts out in the field?

Hmm, I haven't run into a situation where I couldn't drag the dirt clump onto the table. Did it not seem to 'slot' onto the top (where it highlights everything like when you set a chair into a dining table set or a desk) , or it wouldn't drag?

I can verify that you can definitely extract artifacts out in the field. I wonder if there was something odd about the relative camera angle vs the table that made it difficult to place in the right spot? I've run into that before with other objects that are supposed to 'snap into' a parent object. I'll try to replicate this and see I can get it to happen myself. [ INCORRECT - CORRECTION BELOW ]

I'm working on adding the radial menus for both extracting artifacts and authenticating them, so that should appear as another option before too long to make it easier.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 16th Jun 2021 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nova2017

CORRECTION: In fact, you're right! I just booted up the game and tried it and was able to replicate what you saw.

I can't drag dirt clumps to archaeology tables that are away from a lot. I tried it with the stock 'Artifact-shaped dirt clumps' from Jungle Adventure as well, and I can't drag one of those to the table off-lot either. It seems like the dirt clumps become undraggable off a lot (both the Omiscan ones from Jungle Adventure and the ones in the Archaeology Kit mod).

I'll see if I can subvert that limitation somehow, since I'd like to be able to do this myself (and already thought that I could). It might need a custom Archaeology Table to get it to work. Stay tuned.
Page 1 of 4