Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Waterside

by George.English01 Posted 3rd Jul 2021 at 11:53 PM - Updated 3rd Jan 2023 at 12:16 AM by George.English01

46 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 21 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 4th Jul 2021 at 2:24 AM
Heck yes I've been looking so forward to this!!! Thank you! :D
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 4th Jul 2021 at 2:30 AM
DINA? Oh thank you so much!!!!!!!! She is what I wanted soooo bad. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator THANKS POST
#4 Old 4th Jul 2021 at 4:04 AM
This looks beautiful! Thank you so much for putting this neighborhood together, congrats! :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 4th Jul 2021 at 4:16 AM Last edited by thisfatfunnylife : 5th Jul 2021 at 5:11 AM.
***FIXED*** It is now compatible for the UC!

Is this compatible for the UC? I've tried downloading this several times and installing it different ways and I keep getting the same results.

Not all the playable households are listed. There are the Baxters, Speck, Moore and Davis listed as the only moved in households. But I'm missing, Garcia, Ross, Jackson, Hill, and Ford. The two bin households are there. I was just curious if I was missing something??

I am very familiar on how to install neighborhoods and have tried a couple different ways to cover my bases. I put WTSD directly into my neighborhood files/a random folder where I like to test all new hoods in/and moved the story telling pictures into the folder too, no problem with that. I tried starting a completely new file separate on it's own. The reason why I asked if it was UC compatible is that the file name for the UC needs to be The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection and not just The Sims 2. The Sims 2 is usually for discs versions.

Anyway, this neighborhood lots like a lot of fun and I'm very interested in trying it out! The details on the photos and character arches really caught my eye
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Jul 2021 at 11:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thisfatfunnylife
Is this compatible for the UC? I've tried downloading this several times and installing it different ways and I keep getting the same results.

Not all the playable households are listed. There are the Baxters, Speck, Moore and Davis listed as the only moved in households. But I'm missing, Garcia, Ross, Jackson, Hill, and Ford. The two bin households are there. I was just curious if I was missing something??

I am very familiar on how to install neighborhoods and have tried a couple different ways to cover my bases. I put WTSD directly into my neighborhood files/a random folder where I like to test all new hoods in/and moved the story telling pictures into the folder too, no problem with that. I tried starting a completely new file separate on it's own. The reason why I asked if it was UC compatible is that the file name for the UC needs to be The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection and not just The Sims 2. The Sims 2 is usually for discs versions.

Anyway, this neighborhood lots like a lot of fun and I'm very interested in trying it out! The details on the photos and character arches really caught my eye

I’ve had a few other people have this issue as well unfortunately. I though it would be UC compatible seeing as it’s only base game. I’ll try it out myself and see what’s happening and I’ll see if I need to make a separate UC version!
Test Subject
#7 Old 4th Jul 2021 at 12:06 PM
Thank you for this George, will you be uploading a subhood version of this neighbourhood?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Jul 2021 at 12:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sandi Sim
Thank you for this George, will you be uploading a subhood version of this neighbourhood?

Yes! There will be a Shopping District up soon!
Test Subject
#9 Old 4th Jul 2021 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by George.English01
I’ve had a few other people have this issue as well unfortunately. I though it would be UC compatible seeing as it’s only base game. I’ll try it out myself and see what’s happening and I’ll see if I need to make a separate UC version!

Thank you very much! I hope you get something to fix this issue for The Sims 2 UC players! I cannot wait to play this entire neighborhood!!!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#10 Old 4th Jul 2021 at 1:03 PM
I can't download this file, it is broken. Darn, I still can't get Dina.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th Jul 2021 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrejUruba
https://www.email.cz/download/k/LIT...edtsv%C3%AD.jpg

How do I do that? I only have half the people and houses in the neighborhood, I need to have more and it didn't work.

Yes I am aware of the issue. I'm working on a fix for it don't worry.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 1:27 AM
Thank you so much for this download!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 5:11 AM
It definitely works now and it's been a blast playing the neighborhood so far!
Test Subject
#14 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 8:42 AM
For some reason, it doesn't work for me. I use the UC and I get the message that some files have been corrupted and that I need to reinstall my game?!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 9:31 AM
This is really awesome, sucks a bit that it can't really be played with the other Beta Hood, Riverside, because of the Baxters being shared in them, can't wait to play this hood though.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 9:39 AM
Wow awesome, thanks ! I downloaded it and visited all households, it's amazing ! Seems like not every Sim has face 1 or 2, so Waterside's genetic pool is diversified, right ? And I love how your recreated every connection with Don Baxter, there are all of his exes ! It's very accurate.
Also, no big deal, but I noticed that some memories are weird, at least in my game. For example, Connie Speck has two memories of "Move In" very close to each other (well this oddity can have an explanation I think), and Tina Ford has a positive memory of a fire. I can imagine how setting memories can be long and boring, especially when creating a whole neighborhood with lore. So, if you want, I can send to you a kinda exhaustive list of these memories oddities (not now haha we're not in a hurry) to help you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 10:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sepowo
Wow awesome, thanks ! I downloaded it and visited all households, it's amazing ! Seems like not every Sim has face 1 or 2, so Waterside's genetic pool is diversified, right ? And I love how your recreated every connection with Don Baxter, there are all of his exes ! It's very accurate.
Also, no big deal, but I noticed that some memories are weird, at least in my game. For example, Connie Speck has two memories of "Move In" very close to each other (well this oddity can have an explanation I think), and Tina Ford has a positive memory of a fire. I can imagine how setting memories can be long and boring, especially when creating a whole neighborhood with lore. So, if you want, I can send to you a kinda exhaustive list of these memories oddities (not now haha we're not in a hurry) to help you.

Oh that would be awesome thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 11:32 AM
I love the hood so far! I haven´t played much yet (I have UC version), but I noticed that Bros and Roomies have missing household descriptions (not sure if it was intended) and Dina Ross has Moore´s description in the hood album. I ran the Hood Checker in case that any graves went poof and i got a lot of cases of "Unexpected Sim Subject" and "Owner does not exist" for the memories which can´t be removed/fixed with Hood Checker, so you might want to check that. Anyway, thank you so much for this amazing hood!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 6th Jul 2021 at 4:50 PM Last edited by kaligi : 6th Jul 2021 at 6:00 PM.
I was so much waiting for this, that someone's gonna make this Neighborhood too and finally. I'm gonna give it a try and than report back. EDIT:

I've downloaded the UC version and until now i can tell, this is such a great work. In Neighborhood view im not missing anything, not a single pic or lil detail. So, if someone does missing something, i think is on their end and not yours. Thank you for your work so much, i very very appreciate it.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 6th Jul 2021 at 5:15 PM
Hi George! Thanks so much for this, I can really tell how much hard work and time you put into this project, I absolutely love the memories each sims has, that they have family ties to the hood, the various exciting storylines, and my two most favorite parts: the instructions on how to start out each household like the bg scripted events, and that the sims have ANCESTORS! When I saw that, I was blown away. Amazing work, I can already tell this is gonna blow up and become super popular here on MTS. And just a suggestion (not sure if you’ve done this) but you might want to consider posting this on Tumblr as well, there’s loads of people who don’t come here and I’m sure it would be really popular over there too. Thanks again!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 6th Jul 2021 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kaligi
I was so much waiting for this, that someone's gonna make this Neighborhood too and finally. I'm gonna give it a try and than report back. EDIT:

I've downloaded the UC version and until now i can tell, this is such a great work. In Neighborhood view im not missing anything, not a single pic or lil detail. So, if someone does missing something, i think is on their end and not yours. Thank you for your work so much, i very very appreciate it.

Thank you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 6th Jul 2021 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheDudeWithTheDragonTattoos
Hi George! Thanks so much for this, I can really tell how much hard work and time you put into this project, I absolutely love the memories each sims has, that they have family ties to the hood, the various exciting storylines, and my two most favorite parts: the instructions on how to start out each household like the bg scripted events, and that the sims have ANCESTORS! When I saw that, I was blown away. Amazing work, I can already tell this is gonna blow up and become super popular here on MTS. And just a suggestion (not sure if you’ve done this) but you might want to consider posting this on Tumblr as well, there’s loads of people who don’t come here and I’m sure it would be really popular over there too. Thanks again!

Thank you so much!! ❤️❤️
Scholar
THANKS POST
#23 Old 6th Jul 2021 at 10:47 PM
Thank you for sharing Waterside with us! I look forward to jumping in.

PS. I'm enjoying your series over on YouTube.
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 11th Jul 2021 at 11:54 PM
I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I really wanted to try this, but when I start up Waterside, there are only four families in town: Baxter, Davis, Moore, and Speck. The description said to play Garcia first, but I can't FIND Garcia or the other 7 families that are supposed to exist besides Baxter, Davis, Moore, and Speck.

I have TS2 on disc, and I have all the expansion packs but only the M&G stuff pack. I'm playing on Windows 8.1.

I downloaded the version of Waterside that's for disc WITH sims, and I combined the Sims 2 folder you gave me with the existing Sims 2 folder. This seems to have put the WTSD folder in Neighborhoods and combined the Storytelling folder with the files in the existing Storytelling folder in Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Storytelling, which I thought was what was supposed to happen.

What have I done wrong?

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 12th Jul 2021 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I really wanted to try this, but when I start up Waterside, there are only four families in town: Baxter, Davis, Moore, and Speck. The description said to play Garcia first, but I can't FIND Garcia or the other 7 families that are supposed to exist besides Baxter, Davis, Moore, and Speck.

I have TS2 on disc, and I have all the expansion packs but only the M&G stuff pack. I'm playing on Windows 8.1.

I downloaded the version of Waterside that's for disc WITH sims, and I combined the Sims 2 folder you gave me with the existing Sims 2 folder. This seems to have put the WTSD folder in Neighborhoods and combined the Storytelling folder with the files in the existing Storytelling folder in Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Storytelling, which I thought was what was supposed to happen.

What have I done wrong?

I'm so sorry that you're having this problem. I'd suggest using the Ultimate Collection version and seeing if that one works better.
Page 1 of 2