Replies: 25 (Who?), Viewed: 715 times.
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jul 2021 at 5:22 AM Last edited by Mischief Managed : 16th Jul 2021 at 4:52 AM.
Hercules and Iolaus(The Legendary Journeys) HELP
wasn't going to do it but decided one last sims 3 sim pair in honor of my mom, Hercules and Iolaus from the 90s show Hercules The Legendary Journey played by Kevin Sorbo and Michael Hurst

Just Hercules for tonight biggest issues I can spot are nose, jaw and overall headwidth any suggestions, or soulutions how to solve?

No comparison picture yet as I can not find a straight fordward clear one I'll look tomorrow

I would like this done ASAP preferably no more than week maybe 2 so any help please
Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 12:27 PM
I think you need to work on your proportions a little. The eyes and nose are to large a scale. You can see from your comparison picture that the bottom of Kevin Sorbo's nose is closer to the the level of the bottom of his ears. When you reduce the nose, you should move the mouth up slightly. The sides of his face are more straight from the ear to the jaw - yours tapers in towards the jaw. Thin the lips a little. And the eyebrows are more curved. The "bridge dent" should be up slightly higher than the corners of his eyes.
Screenshots

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jul 2021 at 2:24 AM Last edited by Mischief Managed : 6th Jul 2021 at 4:26 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2m1too
I think you need to work on your proportions a little. The eyes and nose are to large a scale. You can see from your comparison picture that the bottom of Kevin Sorbo's nose is closer to the the level of the bottom of his ears. When you reduce the nose, you should move the mouth up slightly. The sides of his face are more straight from the ear to the jaw - yours tapers in towards the jaw. Thin the lips a little. And the eyebrows are more curved. The "bridge dent" should be up slightly higher than the corners of his eyes.

@k2m1too Thank you,...I tried I also tried working on side view but the only one picture I could find was probably the worst to use

edit: I found this one, different movie but same year as Hercules

UPDATE: Iolaus, I do not why I cannot clear straight forward or side pictures of these two,

Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Jul 2021 at 9:00 PM
I tried again not sure if getting there

help please anybody

Screenshots
Instructor
#5 Old 8th Jul 2021 at 12:32 AM
Your current version is getting better. I would still reduce his eyes, and bring them closer together. They should also be straighter across. Push his whole face up a bit. Use GnatGoSplat's chin width slider to widen it without making it a bulb like the game slider does.

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Jul 2021 at 5:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2m1too
Your current version is getting better. I would still reduce his eyes, and bring them closer together. They should also be straighter across. Push his whole face up a bit. Use GnatGoSplat's chin width slider to widen it without making it a bulb like the game slider does.

@k2m1too Oh good Any thoughts on iolaus?

I tried to make suggested changes without going to far

Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 6:31 AM Last edited by Mischief Managed : 16th Jul 2021 at 5:25 AM.
Can somebody please help me finish this stupid thing
Can somebody help me finish this, I have no interest in it but would like to finish instead of wasting hard work and the time I put in also don't know if cause it's an old show but no HQ screenshots so I made the best of what I got, am including optional ones I could find

but here's Iolaus

to me it looks like Michael's nose is shorter up and down but whether I do scale or height it results in bad clipping

update on Hercules trying to get rid of nose shadows

Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 3:58 AM
Ok so I managed to figure out how to work around the clipping for Iolaus so here is another update although still not sure what screenshot to use

please if there are any suggestions I want to get these done
Screenshots
Scholar
#9 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 4:11 AM
For Iolaus try moving his whole face up, nose shorter up and down, less room between nose and mouth maybe increase nasal animal crease. Eyes, eyebrows, and hair look good. Great job!
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 6:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmyRN
For Iolaus try moving his whole face up, nose shorter up and down, less room between nose and mouth maybe increase nasal animal crease. Eyes, eyebrows, and hair look good. Great job!

@SimmyRN Nice hearing from you I gave it try I wasn't sure how far to go with sliders so I wrote down the numbers (Not sure if it's a Nraas thing or not but the sliders have numbers where they are positioned and can go all the way to 256 negative or positive depending the direction I'll put the them at the bottom

To tell the difference I wrote Og (original) next to what number the sliders were before the new adjustments
Nose height Og:106
Nose Scale Og:-24
Mouth height Og: 0
Face height Og: 3
Nasolabialcrease Og: 113

Nose height:159
Mouth height:159
Face height:159
Nose height Og:106
Nose Scale Og:-24
Nasolabialcrease Og: 113

Nose height:159
Mouth height:159
Face height:159
Nasolabialcrease: 138

I just realized now I moved all but one to 159
Screenshots
Scholar
#11 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 12:08 AM
For Hercules I think maybe his whole face or at least his jaw may need to be narrower. Decrease the nasal bridge indent a little too. He seems pretty close to me. Iolaus is looking better. I think his nasal bridge should be narrower and his mouth wider. Raise the cheekbones a bit. Getting there. Good work!
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 9:23 PM
Update:
Quote:
For Hercules I think maybe his whole face or at least his jaw may need to be narrower. Decrease the nasal bridge indent a little too. He seems pretty close to me. Iolaus is looking better. I think his nasal bridge should be narrower and his mouth wider. Raise the cheekbones a bit. Getting there. Good work!

@SimmyRN I made the changes made you suggested like before I marked where the slider positions

Iolaus

Bridge width Og: 31
Mouth width Og: -148
Cheek bone height Og: 0

Bridge width: 0
Mouth width:-100
Cheek bone height: 100

Hercules

Bridge depth Og: 71
Head width Og: -256(Can't go any further)
Jaw Width Og: 0

Bridge depth: 0
Head width:
Jaw Width: -100
Screenshots
Alchemist
#13 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 10:46 AM
They are looking good but as said, too much forehead especially on the one. Bring faces up a bit. And eyes are too blue compared to real folks. They need to be more subtle. And the profile of the one is not strong enough looking, too feminine. But overall, think you are doing well. Keep going.
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 4:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylee
They are looking good but as said, too much forehead especially on the one. Bring faces up a bit. And eyes are too blue compared to real folks. They need to be more subtle. And the profile of the one is not strong enough looking, too feminine. But overall, think you are doing well. Keep going.

@daisylee Ok I'll move the faces up, yes the eye color was only temporary while I work on the rest. Which one doesn't have a strong profile and looks feminine? I can't tell also what is profile?
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 8:48 PM
Update
I did my best but I am stuck how to improve

Iolaus

Face height: 200

Jaw height Og: 0
Jaw height: -21

Hercules

Jaw height Og: 0
Jaw height: 59

Face height Og: 106
Face height:206

Mouth height:-21

I really do need any help
Screenshots
Alchemist
#16 Old 29th Jul 2021 at 3:59 AM
I think are looking fine as is. I think your mom would be pleased. You have done far better than I could do.Get them into play and have some fun with them
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 7th Aug 2021 at 6:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylee
I think are looking fine as is. I think your mom would be pleased. You have done far better than I could do.Get them into play and have some fun with them

Thank you that means alot however I noticed while Iolaus' nose looks fine from the front it looks rather odd from the side and I have no idea how to fix it
Screenshots
Alchemist
#18 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 10:21 PM
He looks fine. Sims will never match real people exactly. Get him into Sims world and having a life.
Scholar
#19 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 4:22 AM
I replied but I don't see my post here. I think Hercules' nose is too wide at the nostrils and lower lip too thick up and down - especially in the middle of the lower lip. Perhaps move the cheekbones up and make the cheeks more drawn in under the cheekbones (can't remember which slider that is). Ultimately, his hair needs to be lighter and eyes more blue/gray as daisylee mentioned. Lolaus' nose is a bit too long top to bottom from the side view. Shortening it would probably entail moving mouth up and possibly shortening chin as well. I think his nose needs to be a little narrower too and the mouth still wider. Even in a neutral position it is quite a bit wider than his nose. You could consider moving his cheekbones up a bit as well. You've done a great job selecting hair styles for both! Good work!
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 5:07 AM
Quote:
I replied but I don't see my post here. I think Hercules' nose is too wide at the nostrils and lower lip too thick up and down - especially in the middle of the lower lip. Perhaps move the cheekbones up and make the cheeks more drawn in under the cheekbones (can't remember which slider that is). Ultimately, his hair needs to be lighter and eyes more blue/gray as daisylee mentioned. Lolaus' nose is a bit too long top to bottom from the side view. Shortening it would probably entail moving mouth up and possibly shortening chin as well. I think his nose needs to be a little narrower too and the mouth still wider. Even in a neutral position it is quite a bit wider than his nose. You could consider moving his cheekbones up a bit as well. You've done a great job selecting hair styles for both! Good work!

@SimmyRN I think you sent me a PM first I'll work on those changes for Hercules for Iolaus there is a slight problem I can't shorten his chin anymore
Scholar
#21 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 3:02 AM
Well, if you can't shorten Iolaus' chin, I wouldn't worry about it. Maybe just try the other changes.
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 4:50 AM
Quote:
Well, if you can't shorten Iolaus' chin, I wouldn't worry about it. Maybe just try the other changes.

yeah in general I am trying to remove the shadows and clipping of the nose it is *almost* there
Scholar
#23 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 12:42 AM
Great! I'll be looking forward to seeing them.
Instructor
Original Poster
#24 Old 15th Aug 2021 at 7:50 PM
Quote:
Great! I'll be looking forward to seeing them.

@SimmyRN Here's what I got so far, also Kevin/Hercules' hair is actually quite dark there are still some things I'd like to adjust still not sure about both mouths. But I think I'm way closer than I was

Iolaus

Scholar
#25 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 4:10 AM
Good job! The only things I can suggest for Hercules are to make the nose narrower at the nostrils and move the eyes closer together. Move Lolaus’ eyes a little closer together too. Otherwise they look done to me.
Page 1 of 2