Replies: 30 (Who?), Viewed: 519 times.
Page 2 of 2
Alchemist
#26 Old 18th Jul 2021 at 6:08 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 18th Jul 2021 at 6:54 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspersim
IF even One Child has an F the social worker take ALL the kids away in the entire household,

MoreAwesomethanYou's more sensible social worker hack fixes that issue. Kids are no longer taken away for grades unless all the kids are failing, iirc. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=7705.0

BO's Kids and Pets Unattended Stops the SW from taking kids for any reason, I think.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#27 Old 18th Jul 2021 at 6:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrader
MoreAwesomethanYou's more sensible social worker hack fixes that issue. Kids are no longer taken away for grades unless all the kids are failing, iirc. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=7705.0

Exactly, or she can be banned entirely if one wishes it.
No Social Worker patch http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...2_Childcare.htm

These threads have far too much old outdated information.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 18th Jul 2021 at 7:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
Exactly, or she can be banned entirely if one wishes it.
No Social Worker patch http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...2_Childcare.htm

These threads have far too much old outdated information.

The Internet is becoming old now
Mad Poster
#29 Old 18th Jul 2021 at 7:16 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 18th Jul 2021 at 3:41 PM.
Maybe your sources are old, or you haven't updated your information in a while? Searching Google these days can be a maze if you don't check post dates, as a lot of information that pops up if you don't use the right search words can be old and outdated.

The game is 17 years old now, and while modders are still figuring out some things here and there, most things about the game have been uncovered at some point or another, and info is more likely than not available somewhere. Chances are there's already mods for game behavior you want to add/remove, too.

The Sims Wiki is a decent source if you're looking for some general information on a subject regarding one of the sims games. A lot of people already know the Wiki site exists, and it will often pop up in searches. It may not have absolutely everything, and only has a few tips in regards to critical mod fixes and such in regards to CC, but for basic vanilla gameplay it's a good resource if you're curious about something: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_guide:The_Sims_2

---

For a while I would do the whole Uni thing just to get the extra wants panels and locks. Then I realized I could add them with a mod. Funny how you can solve things with mods these days (Now when wants-based isn't a thing I do much any more, I don't usually bother with the wants panels, although I will sometimes add an extra lock)
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 18th Jul 2021 at 2:23 PM
@joandsarah77 -You just linked the exact patch I used foremove the game social workers and I've had it for years now and have that site bookmarked in my browser's bookmarks.It's really the best fix for social workers taking kids away as I would likely use playables and foster kids taken away in playable households.
I don't even have school for children or kids when a town is starting out like my Pleasantview EPic Challenge which is a 17th century colonial settlement and nobody would attemd school there for at least a few generations and only the rich would at first since school fees would be charged to families with children enrolled in school.No schooling means no campus and it also depends on the population as I only add things when a town is getting biy enough to need them.I add an emoty template for a campus when the time comes to open one up and start building it as I play my town.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#31 Old 18th Jul 2021 at 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadOlson
@joandsarah77 -You just linked the exact patch I used foremove the game social workers and I've had it for years now and have that site bookmarked in my browser's bookmarks.It's really the best fix for social workers taking kids away as I would likely use playables and foster kids taken away in playable households.
I don't even have school for children or kids when a town is starting out like my Pleasantview EPic Challenge which is a 17th century colonial settlement and nobody would attemd school there for at least a few generations and only the rich would at first since school fees would be charged to families with children enrolled in school.No schooling means no campus and it also depends on the population as I only add things when a town is getting biy enough to need them.I add an emoty template for a campus when the time comes to open one up and start building it as I play my town.

I actually use BO's kids unattended but I wanted to show that there are options. Simlogical is an oldie but a goodie, Inge's school system is a big part of my play style.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 2 of 2