Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Smooth Patch 2.1

by LazyDuchess Posted 31st Jul 2021 at 6:37 PM - Updated 31st Jan 2024 at 8:38 PM by LazyDuchess

504 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 351 Feedback Posts, 152 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 21
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 7:43 PM
Absolute game-changer for me, my game is smoother and I no longer have stuttering camera issues that I had for years! Thank you for making this happen.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 9:11 PM
This is truly THE ultimate fix, no issues spotted so far, thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 9:21 PM
Thank you so much!!!! This is wonderful.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 11:10 PM
Thanks! <3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 11:13 PM
Amazing job works perfectly!
Test Subject
#7 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 11:33 PM
Does this patch affect the current 64-bit & Metal version of the game for macOS?
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 11:38 PM
Woot! Official release! This mod has changed my game for the better! Thank you so much for creating it, I can't believe 3 little files could make such a difference!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 12:47 AM
Outstanding! TYSM for giving new life to the game!
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 2:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by djtechno95
Does this patch affect the current 64-bit & Metal version of the game for macOS?

I guess the actual problem is if it could actually work on macOS, as the origin version "patched" launcher is an .exe
Test Subject
#11 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 2:55 AM
when I got on the game, all the buttons were out of place
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 4:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
I can't believe 3 little files could make such a difference!

That's what I said over at NRaas!

@lazyduchess - This mod is amazing! Thank you so much for making it a pleasure to play this game again!

Sarah_Sims
NRaas Industries
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 5:18 AM
Thank you so much for the kind words everyone!

@smallg0at @djtechno95
Unfortunately it will not work on Mac, nope. This is a Windows binary that modifies a Windows specific function the game utilizes.

@TheSpaceCowboyO
Might be a one time bug? Never had that happen.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 8:42 AM
wow amazing! works really well for me.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 2:04 PM
Amazing!! Thank you so much for this! It has made such a huge difference.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 2:23 PM
You have literally saved my game. THANK. YOU.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 3:02 PM
Issue when trying to enter stylist with Nraas MC. Game stopped responding when loading CAS and I had to hard shut down my pc. Origin version.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 4:12 PM
About to test it out, but this is brilliant! You've made a great service to the Sims community! Thank you so much!
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dweiathecat
Issue when trying to enter stylist with Nraas MC. Game stopped responding when loading CAS and I had to hard shut down my pc. Origin version.

I'm not on the Origin version (I have the discs) and this works fine for me.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 10:02 PM
Just downloaded it, and while I still experience some lag (which is probably unavoidable on a laptop with no dedicated GPU and dusty fans who need to be cleaned out) this mod seems to significantly reduce it. I've only tried build/buy mode yet, but I'm exited to try CAS next time. Thank you for this amazing mod.
Test Subject
#21 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 10:45 PM
Some of my expansion packs were CD downloads and Origin downloads. Does this mod look at just the base game (an Origin Download) or do I have to worry about the packs downloaded from the CD? Just want to know as I'm nervous about accidentally messing up my saves.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 10:50 PM
Wow, I must say it certainly feels so much different to play to say the least.
I'm playing on my bloated year-old Bridgeport save, so it might still suffer from Sims 3-lagginess, but being able to move the camera around my Sims without it stuttering is so satisfying
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 11:43 PM Last edited by poisson : 2nd Aug 2021 at 12:12 AM. Reason: ok, understood
Hi, sorry to bother, but my paid-version antivirus software has detected a virus trying to attack my computer when I tried to launch the game through that Smooth Patch! This is the very first time that it happens to me from a ModTheSims download (!), yet I have the same paid-version antivirus for at least 7 or 8 years and also yet I am a customer of ModTheSims for way more than a decade, so this is highly probable that there indeed is a virus in there! Beware, please! This is really a shame.

Modifying my post: thank you @LazyDuchess !!

Hi @LazyDuchess , ok, I think I understand. But to avoid any misunderstanding and any surprise, you should mention this on the main page of the mod I think. Then, people would know it and understand it.
Sorry for the bad publicity, and thank you for your answer! and thank you for the mod, in the end.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by poisson
Hi, sorry to bother, but my paid-version antivirus software has detected a virus trying to attack my computer when I tried to launch the game through that Smooth Patch! This is the very first time that it happens to me from a ModTheSims download (!), yet I have the same paid-version antivirus for at least 7 or 8 years and also yet I am a customer of ModTheSims for way more than a decade, so this is highly probable that there indeed is a virus in there! Beware, please! This is really a shame.

Hi!
This happens because this mod injects itself into the game's memory at runtime to modify a hardcoded function, something that inevitably triggers most antivirus software as this is something viruses also do, there's nothing malicious about the mod.
I've made the source code for the mod itself and the Origin launcher publicly available, so if I was to have included any kind of virus in the download it probably would have been found:
Smooth Patch Source
Origin Launcher Source
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 12:08 AM
Hi @LazyDuchess , ok, I think I understand. But to avoid any misunderstanding and any surprise, you should mention this on the main page of the mod I think. Then, people would know it and understand it.
Sorry for the bad publicity, and thank you for your answer! and thank you for the mod, in the end.
Page 1 of 21