Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Empty Worlds with Custom Names

by JavaJuno Posted 9th Aug 2021 at 5:40 AM - Updated 9th Aug 2021 at 6:09 PM by JavaJuno

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 8:53 AM
Thank you!
Will these worlds show uo if you do not have all the Ep's?
Will you see a icon for "Empty Worlds" on the loading screen?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 2:35 PM
Someone once said you can never have too many worlds. That's probably not true, but I appreciate when I can get an extra one to start over again with. Thanks.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#4 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 3:31 PM
I'm replacing my old gaming laptop soon and look forward to using this with the new rig!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 5:09 PM
Thanks a lot!! It's needed!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MaAlet
Thank you!
Will these worlds show uo if you do not have all the Ep's?
Will you see a icon for "Empty Worlds" on the loading screen?

My simple answer:
I honestly don't know the exact answers to this. Judging from my own game, and the only world that I don't have being Batuu, I don't believe the worlds do show up as that's the way EA has it setup.

My most educated answer to this based on what I know of The Sims 4:
The only thing this save file does is give you a new save that you access via the main screen by hitting "Load" instead of "New". Within the save file, all the worlds have completely empty lots, but you'll only be able to access the ones that you have bought the DLC for. Otherwise, the world will not be available to you, with no icon showing up for it. I would imagine it's some sort of lock/hidden feature of the games coding and they'll only be visible if you've bought the DLC and installed it. This save file isn't going to bypass any of that and make the world show up.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 10:23 AM Last edited by MaAlet : 11th Aug 2021 at 12:33 PM.
Thank you for your reply!
Sofar it didn't work in my game, but I'm willing to try again.

Edit:
Okay I discovered my mistake! It's working now! Thankj you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 28th Aug 2021 at 4:52 PM
will this replace my other worlds and erase them
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hotmama121973
will this replace my other worlds and erase them

Nope! When you drop it into your saves folder, it will then show up as its own world in-game. I do however suggest, as always, to keep a backup of your current worlds/saves before doing any modding.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 18th Jan 2022 at 10:41 AM
Thank you very much for this....it's fantastic to have a blank map but also with new names of the worlds. Best regards from Austria. Stay safe and healthy
Test Subject
#11 Old 22nd Feb 2022 at 12:30 PM
This is a really cool and useful thing to prevent the dullness coming from playing the same world names over and over, though I can't see logic in some of the names - like, a French-ish-sounding name for Mt Komorebi doesn't sound good imo...

Available to do Polish translations of mods/CC - shoot me a PM. :)
www.ecotersey.wordpress.com
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 30th May 2022 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ecotersey
This is a really cool and useful thing to prevent the dullness coming from playing the same world names over and over, though I can't see logic in some of the names - like, a French-ish-sounding name for Mt Komorebi doesn't sound good imo...

You're more than welcome to change the names to whatever you please - I link to an article instructing how to do so in the description. Personally, I don't take into consideration what the game originally had in mind for a world, and choose names based on my own interests.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 2:46 PM
Will this mod work with the new High School pack.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th Oct 2022 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MaAlet
Will this mod work with the new High School pack.

I believe this save file should work, no matter what updates occur. This save file does not modify gameplay, it just adds a save to your game with empty lots in the worlds listed in the description. There have been a couple of new releases since I originally posted, so this save file will not be up to date for any new worlds introduced.