Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Aug 2021 at 3:39 PM
Default Mod to make Bonehilda care for kids?
So, I like playing sims 3, and I always get a Bonehilda Coffin as a substitute for the maid and as a reason to leave kids unattended, and something I've noticed since I first got Supernatural was the way Bonehilda interacted (or rather didn't interact) with toddlers and babies. She will try to feed, change, and care for the child, but she won't actually do anything because the interaction is canceled out. I was wondering if there's a mod that makes her able to take care of the children without the interaction canceling. I have seen mods that completely stop her from trying to interact with the children at all, but I want something that does the opposite and allows her to interact with toddlers and babies. If anyone could tell me of a mod or make a mod that would "fix" Bonehilda's behavior, that would be great.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 9th Sep 2021 at 8:29 AM
Bonehilda used to care for toddlers in previous patches. There were some problems like Bonehilda won't let go of the child for long hours. So EA made it so she can't interact with them now, they did this in a crude way so she'll keep trying to interact but the interaction will get cancelled.

If you want this feature back. You could make copies of the interaction and make them specifically for Bonehilda. Either that or make a core mod or maybe a script override to remove whatever EA did to cancel the interactions for her.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Inventor
#3 Old 21st Sep 2021 at 5:07 PM
It kind of seems like it might be worth making Bonehilda-specific versions, since then they can be tweaked to deal with whatever Bonehilda's bad behavior was in the first place.

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Sep 2021 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PuddingFace
Bonehilda used to care for toddlers in previous patches. There were some problems like Bonehilda won't let go of the child for long hours. So EA made it so she can't interact with them now, they did this in a crude way so she'll keep trying to interact but the interaction will get cancelled.

If you want this feature back. You could make copies of the interaction and make them specifically for Bonehilda. Either that or make a core mod or maybe a script override to remove whatever EA did to cancel the interactions for her.

yeah, I was messing with S3PE to try to make an override before I made the post, but as it turns out, I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to modding. I wasn't sure exactly what to look for to change Bonehilda's behaviour and I couldn't find any information on which of the Bonehilda files I should've edited to make her able to take care of kids.