Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2021 at 8:27 AM
Default SimPE - Naming Recolours Question
Hi,
I think this is the right section to post this, but I have a question - when I am recolouring something in SimPE, when I click on the texture image, youll see on my screenshot below, it comes up with just a random bunch of numbers and letters. Whereas on some other creators' content (Below) it shows up with their name and the date it was made. Is there a way I can get my username to show up here for my recolors?

Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 4th Sep 2021 at 11:56 AM
You will want to add your username in Extras/Preferences/Ident. I think it will save your username without being able to connect to the old GUID database. Then SimPE will hash that internal name with your saved username.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#3 Old 27th Sep 2021 at 8:53 PM
@HugeLunatic
I don't think the newest SimPE has that Ident area? I don't see it anywhere in Preferences. I'm getting a bit tired of being a string of numbers, lol.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#4 Old 27th Sep 2021 at 8:58 PM
You may be right, I don't actually use the newest. Tried and true version 73_44. The newest one by Chris Hatch has removed some things I need. For one, in File Table the arrows have been removed. Those are necessary to adjust the order that SimPE reads files, so the CEP's override the right way.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#5 Old 27th Sep 2021 at 9:20 PM Last edited by mustluvcatz : 27th Sep 2021 at 9:52 PM.
Ohhhh, lemme try that one. When I was redownloading everything I didn't know for sure which version to grab so I just got the newest. Edit: Yep, that's the one I needed!

/me kicks random string of numbers to the curb
Inventor
#6 Old 24th Jan 2022 at 5:38 PM
I use 0.75.69.23 and the "Ident" option isn't visible. Does anyone know until what version it contains this feature?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#7 Old 24th Jan 2022 at 8:43 PM