Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#51 Old 23rd Oct 2021 at 12:57 AM
Katy Perry is a pop singer, and has been so about a dozen years, I guess (I, personally, am not a fan, but she has many, most of whom are younger than I am) - but the Sims 3 Katy Perry's Sweet Treats pack was uh, not very well received.

I will say that she was a far more reasonable focus for a fame-oriented pack than Baby Ariel!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#52 Old 23rd Oct 2021 at 1:04 AM
Yes, google is my confidant and tells me all the secrets. I've read so many angry posts about that pack, I just ignore them now, I like candy, and colour and that would have been enough for me. I heard about this Baby Ariel in TS4 (don't know who that is either haha), but I think she was one of the sims I deleted when I first started the save I play now, which I think may have been a good thing since she appearantly is immortal.
Field Researcher
#53 Old 23rd Oct 2021 at 1:16 PM
As a side note, I want to say that when I said Haters will Hate, I was not attempting to make this thread flammable. I know, and I believe all the regulars to this forum know, that there are those who come here just to disagree with anything that is negatively mentioned about TS4 and Maxis (and possibly EA as a whole) and/or any negative mention about how we play or what we do, or what we perceive about the game that is against their perception of the game's perfection (for example saying that festivals are not fun or that Bust The Dust is the sorriest addition ever produced). Hence, I was tongue-in-cheekly pre-apologizing to those whom I assumed would come to disagree with my post.

@Gargoyle Cat was right (him or her moderating notwithstanding). Maybe I shouldn't have done that since this Post was started with good intentions of positivity only. Had I got that boulder rolling down the hill ~ well . . .

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#54 Old 23rd Oct 2021 at 1:37 PM
Thank you for explaining. I do think there are a lot to say about EA and their politics of game producing; but I am playing the game for my entertainment, and just want to leasurely chat about it in all friendliness, and there is a lot of negativity about the sims' games online, and I just don't want to read that all the time, or deal with it; hence this thread. I like tongue-in-cheek cuteness though, whenever I say anything, it's with a cheeky smile.

Now let's see those pictures!
Field Researcher
#55 Old 24th Oct 2021 at 2:07 PM
@andes, here's a pic of a past redo of Willow Creek. I tried to do an Asian themed world at that time - with a park full of rides in the middle.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#56 Old 24th Oct 2021 at 2:58 PM
Oh, wow, that's so elaborate, it looks really beautiful. How did you do the carousels?
Mad Poster
#57 Old 24th Oct 2021 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dikosay
@andes, here's a pic of a past redo of Willow Creek. I tried to do an Asian themed world at that time - with a park full of rides in the middle.

That is totally cool! Love what you did.
Field Researcher
#58 Old 25th Oct 2021 at 11:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by andes
Oh, wow, that's so elaborate, it looks really beautiful. How did you do the carousels?

The park rides came from a modder named Necrodog . At that time he had a website. Now most of his stuff can be found on Patreon.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#59 Old 25th Oct 2021 at 11:39 AM
Thanks, they are impressive. I never made the carousels in TS3, but I've admired others' creations of it. This is what I turned the park into in Willow Creek. It's a technical interactive museum (designated as such), with lots of scientist machinery to operate for the sims. I named it Nautilus after the submarine in Jules Verne's books.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#60 Old 1st Nov 2021 at 2:54 PM
I made ghosts to be roommates of my grave digger, resident of my 'grave yard' in Glimmerbrook. I've never really played with ghosts, more interested in just ordinary 'human' sims than occult states, but there are some spectacular deaths, and I can't resist a good scenario and set up. I made an alien Night Wraith, a plantsim eaten by the cowplant; Betelgeuse killed by beetles (ah haha), a moody poisoned teen (oh, so brutal); a spellcaster dead by overload; and a rodent disease succumbed big hamster!

I found most cheats with an easy search, except the Rabid Rodent Fever, but I got that to work so I'll post it here if anyone is interested:
traits.equip_trait trait_Ghost_Rodent_Disease
I dressed it in the hamster suit too pre death, since I've noticed that the ghost not always have it on.
This page had almost all cheats, and is very organised: https://space4games.com/en/games-en/sims-4-cheats/
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#61 Old 22nd Nov 2021 at 2:08 PM
I've been busy making sims for my main save, and mostly I just do them in CAS in a dedicated folder, then saving them to library and copy/paste the tray files into my main save folder's Tray folder; but I wanted to give my bishop the trait Influential Individual and test the Civil Designer career in gameplay at the same time.

I was surprised to find out that the reward trait Champion of the People, from the Civic Planner direction of it, is permanent, even when quitting the career; something I think I just assumed not to be the case. This is good to know, since it gives satisfaction points, something I use a lot of to make the sims have a more rounded personality. They have added a couple of more ways of getting those points with the Haunted House Residential, and the Scenarios too, which I like. A tip!

Here she is:
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#62 Old 24th Nov 2021 at 12:03 AM Last edited by andes : 20th Dec 2021 at 8:32 AM. Reason: Update with signature amount and new info
The petition for neutral pronouns in the game, if anyone wants to sign:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-games-p...s-in-the-sims-4

Edit: 22,007 have signed 20 dec 2021. Let’s get to 25,000!

Edit to add: it seems to be worked on:

"An update on the non-binary pronouns
This past May, we opened up about our pursuit of non-binary language in The Sims. Since then, we've researched global language characteristics, connected with consultants, and collected data on areas where a change may be needed. Although there is a path ahead of us before we are able to update the game, we'd like to give you a look behind-the-scenes and show you where we are in the process. In January 2022, during the first Inside Maxis of the new year, we're hosting a fireside chat with members of our development team where we will share an update including the research completed to date, more on our partnership with external experts and the work-in-progress wire frames. Make sure to tune in!"

From here: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/t...setLocale=en-us
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#63 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 7:52 AM Last edited by andes : 4th Dec 2021 at 11:55 AM.
The update for 30 november has a lot of bug fixes:
https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/t...date-11-30-2021

Edit: New feature added in the patch, "Sims Delivery". This is my settings for it, as while I do appreciate the initiative, experience tells me there will be bugs, and I want to be in control when these will be added to my savegames.

Edit 2: New story progression feature added in the same update; influencing sims to fixed choices based on relations and career:
https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/t...setLocale=en-us
Screenshots
Scholar
#64 Old 19th Mar 2022 at 3:28 PM
I'm wondering if any who still plays is accepting the Story Progression feature, myself, somewhat ok with it, I've noticed my Cat/Dog Lover sims are actually adopting pets now. But i believe the Dieing section is awful, game seemingly picks a random sim and kills them for just a out-of-character silly reason, and even worse I've heard it even happens even if you Disable it...
Mad Poster
#65 Old 19th Mar 2022 at 5:59 PM
I think it could be a very good addition to the game. It would be nice to see Sims live their lives based on their traits. I wish their was more integration with other packs in conjunction with traits..

Sim started college (major based on traits)
Sims dropped out of college
Sim graduated from college
Male Sim is pregnant
Sims purchased (existing) business
Sim turned into (Occult)
Sim is famous
Sim is no longer famous

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#66 Old 23rd Mar 2022 at 10:40 AM
I think the death section has got to go, game killing my played sims friends/family by milking their cowplants they do not own or overheating by staying out in the sun too long which was the middle of the night, and I don't see why you have to even click the mailbox, they are Pop-up Notification messages just like every other game message, except they don't pop-up unless you click the mailbox 4 times
Field Researcher
#67 Old 27th Mar 2022 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
I think the death section has got to go, game killing my played sims friends/family by milking their cowplants they do not own or overheating by staying out in the sun too long which was the middle of the night, and I don't see why you have to even click the mailbox, they are Pop-up Notification messages just like every other game message, except they don't pop-up unless you click the mailbox 4 times

I mentioned something like this in another thread some time ago when I said that it didn't make sense that a sim could "laugh" him.herself to death - simply by becoming hysterical. How often do someone become hysterical in life? But I was told that it has happened before in real life, so I guess I was shot out of the water on that.

Makes you kinda not want your sim to leave the house - or even stay in the house for that matter.

Mad Poster
#68 Old 28th Mar 2022 at 6:25 PM
Does the Eco Lifestyle dollhouse come with any new dolls than the ones that's already in the basegame, or were any new dolls added at all with that pack? Just wondering because I'm working on something and I don't have that pack so can't check.

Are there other dollhouses other than the basegame ones (the victorian, modern, simple, and castle) and the Eco one in the EPs?
Test Subject
#69 Old 1st Dec 2022 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Does the Eco Lifestyle dollhouse come with any new dolls than the ones that's already in the basegame, or were any new dolls added at all with that pack? Just wondering because I'm working on something and I don't have that pack so can't check.

Are there other dollhouses other than the basegame ones (the victorian, modern, simple, and castle) and the Eco one in the EPs?

I don't think they are new dolls. It would be cute if they looked hand made by sim children though.
Page 3 of 3