Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 2nd Nov 2021 at 7:54 PM
So due to my iron levels I can bleed out and die if I give birth but I'm due to give birth whenever (37 weeks today)... Doctor has prescribed iron tablets. I go to pick up these iron tablets.... got given antibiotics instead. I was prescribed these antibiotics last week so I don't know if the script has messed up or what but its definitely not going to help with my iron deficiency and its kinda a race against the clock. Gonna have to call back tomorrow and hope it gets sorted.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 2nd Nov 2021 at 10:27 PM
I'm surprised they haven't given you pills until now. Until you get your pills: iron is in meat, nettles, egg, 'blood food' like black pudding, and darkly coloured vegetables like spinach, for instance. C-vitamin makes it easier for the body to absorb iron; and coffeine/teein and milk harder. If you have a iron pot to cook in, add something acid, like tomato, and use a metal spoon: a small amount of iron will loosen and absorb into the food, an easy, and despite how it sounds, healthy way of getting iron for those with deficiancy.

My day was a bit gloomy, but is much better now; and I've now finished a nice build in the sims, which in a cute way makes me feel accomplished!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#28 Old 4th Nov 2021 at 9:36 PM
A bit angry that I wasn't patient. Amazon said my package was lost and all I could do was ask for a refund. Turned out it was on the way and I cancelled by the time it got to my town's post office so it's now on its way back to the warehouse.

No matter...

...I still have the refund to fall back on.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Mad Poster
#29 Old 5th Nov 2021 at 6:17 PM
First part a bit bleh, second part a bit better. Exhausted from work.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 11:42 AM Last edited by Bigsimsfan12 : 6th Nov 2021 at 12:59 PM.
I'm on my second bowl of Lucky Charms because I'm in a great mood. I'm responding well to my iron tablets, I did still sleep until 10am today but hopefully that was just because I was up late watching the fireworks. Also we've been given the opportunity to move house - it's not set in stone yet, it would involve a lot of downsizing and it would be a big cost so close to our wedding but with the rent being nearly half I'm hoping we could save back up.

I'm optimistic.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 5:20 PM
Bored out of my skull.

I currently have saved up $76.18 in cash and change, but this is spread over 9 cash boxes and a Pikachu bank (I chose him, no pun intended, to represent my world travels. Currently, all that's inside him is 10ยข.) I have some lofty ambitions.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Mad Poster
#32 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 5:31 PM
I started my maternity leave! How exciting! I thought I was suppose to finish on the 9th, but it turns out my maternity leave starts on the 9th. Now I have to actually get things ready for a baby...

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#33 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 7:26 PM
Hey guys...

Monday night family dinner is up ahead.

My mother went to get her booster vaccine as per regulations of the NJ Department of Health's War on Covid-19. If it's been more than 2 months (and it has been for all of us) since the last vaccination, a booster is required for continued effect.

My father and I are getting ours on Wednesday.

It's been a quiet day otherwise. But my left hip hurts from walking with my new insoles.

Mad Poster
#34 Old 9th Nov 2021 at 9:59 AM
Ffs. I'm due to give birth any day and 2 people at partners work have tested positive for covid, apparently they went to a party where they knew someone had covid. I'm so annoyed, that's so irresponsible, especially because they work in a care home.

Partners been told by track and trace he doesn't need to self-isolate because he's double vaccinated but I really wish he would because if he gets covid I don't think he's allowed into the hospital when I'm giving birth and that would be horrible.

Field Researcher
#35 Old 9th Nov 2021 at 10:28 AM
I hope everything goes well.

I had a simple operation and see much clearer now; there are so many colours and contrast everywhere I look! It makes me so happy. I'll drink my coffee and go for a walk to watch the leaves move and the shadows in the pavement mark out their existence to me.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#36 Old 10th Nov 2021 at 3:04 AM
I collected up my money from my cash boxes and had $75 in paper money ($12 of which in the rare $2 denomination. I bought some bath bombs with a $2 bill as the common prize. $2 bills are real, but they are rare and carry the negative connotation of indulging in the 7 deadly sins due to $2 being the going rate long ago to sin. I feel a sin coming on.)

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#37 Old 11th Nov 2021 at 9:35 PM
Got my booster shot yesterday, along with depositing my cash in the bank to buy something I had my eye on, buy food and drinks for dinner.

Today I found out my parents bought mandarin oranges and I had a few. I'm tired of weighing 300+ pounds and I have been making a few baby steps towards changing my diet. Swapping out sodas for sparkling water and seltzer flavored with natural essences and free of any sweetener, portioning out snacks, eating more plant fiber and lean meats.

But I won't be hard on myself like previous years. I will have cheat days. But they'll coincide with doctor visits.

Mad Poster
#38 Old 11th Nov 2021 at 10:16 PM
Iron levels were checked today and they were great. Also filled out my intent to marry form thing... is it bad during the interview I forgot my partners name? His middle name is Robert, but once my phone autocorrected it to "Robot" and I've called him it ever since (either as a full name Adam-Robot" or just "Robot", or shortened to "Robe"). It was kind of awkward when the registrar asked for his name and I said "Adam.... Roh-bert..." it sounded like a completely made up name to me

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#39 Old 13th Nov 2021 at 5:18 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 13th Nov 2021 at 6:51 PM.
It's stormy outside. The thunder is pretty intense.

Been thinking about my future in designing medical devices. From prosthetics and glass eyes to bandages and eyeglass repair kits, there's room for improvement.

#40 Old 13th Nov 2021 at 6:46 PM
So my mom just left for some job training thing, which means I'm alone in Poland for a while. I have in-person Polish classes until February, so I guess it's not all bad...

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#41 Old 14th Nov 2021 at 5:17 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 14th Nov 2021 at 5:28 PM.
Survived using a Porta Potty. It was almost full, it stank, it was vandalized with black sharpie and the toilet paper roll wasn't hung up.

I rate public toilets as a hobby and have done so since 2007. This experience was part of my "daily risks" and I came up with a new ranking: Condemned. Below Hazmat and F.

I did one thing that scared me. I never used Porta Potties before.

#42 Old 15th Nov 2021 at 7:27 PM
I don't know how to adult, and yet my mom asks me to. *screams internally*

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"Meh." - me
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#43 Old 15th Nov 2021 at 9:29 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 15th Nov 2021 at 10:04 PM.
Went to therapy and I was in tears for a good 15 minutes and had to explain parasocial relationships to my therapist. Parasocial relationships are those one-sided relationships we have with fictional characters or celebrities and yet part of it is it's treated like a real relationship because of the rapport built with characters and\or celebrities.

You see, I have been working on a massive robotics project for the aftermath of COVID-19 and although the man I looked up to died last year, it was due to a stealthy aneurysm, not Covid-19. I only saw the headline because I avoid reading bad news due to my anxiety.

I was crying, wailing, begging for forgiveness from my therapist, the only thing I didn't do was barf up milk. The closest horse on a beach ball was Circus Roncalli in Germany.

Granted, there was some closure on the issues regarding Grant Imahara's death. Next month, I have to revisit my therapist for an update after seeing 4 other doctors.

Mad Poster
#44 Old 17th Nov 2021 at 12:06 AM
My wedding cake lady gave me a free sample of cake (literally half a cake!) just because I'm pregnant lmao. I wasn't even going there for a cake tasting, we picked the cake months ago - I was just letting her borrow my bouquet so she could match the flowers to the ones we want on the cake.

So I've spent a couple of hours bouncing on my birthing ball while eating chocolate cake

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#45 Old 17th Nov 2021 at 11:31 PM
Nearly froze to death. I had to drag out my dreaded yoga pants from my teen years, 20 years ago...

...and they still fit!

I only drag them out when running around in underoos for no apparent reason is not an option!

I got to eat avocado sushi from a buy 2, get 1 free from the sushi counter.

My mother was sent home from work early when the warehouse broke down and went eerily quiet. She and dad will have to work on Thanksgiving. Mom has to make up for the broken warehouse and Dad has to work for his first week at a vitamin\supplement warehouse.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#46 Old 19th Nov 2021 at 6:10 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 19th Nov 2021 at 9:59 AM.
Went for a walk yesterday afternoon...but I noted some changes.

1. The footbridge was given new planks.
2. The crosswalk to the sidewalk from the gravel parkway was gone.
3. About 1,000 steps in on my pedometers, I came across a "Road Closed" sign toward Town Hall in.

Of all the days to go walking in the mid-afternoon sun...

My efforts weren't futile, I hadn't been out of the house in that direction since the bridge closed for the summer.

I also came up with a show for FOX with the "cosplay karaoke" concept.

You introduce yourself in character and go through each round, with someone eliminated at the end of the night. If you're eliminated, you reveal your real identity.

I can't help but hearing the phrase "Hi, my name is Eddie Belcher from Long Island, New York." coming from a guy dressed as Inuyasha.

I would be the first act singing Sia's "Chandelier" dressed as Sailor Galaxia or I can cross play as Chibodee Crockett from G Gundam. We give cross play a chance.

I even found a cute keychain of a panda wearing hornrims (the stereotypical black frames associated with nerd culture and geek chic, usually taped together at the bridge because of bullies or not looking where you're going. I also wear hornrims IRL.) and a CROWN! Panda Queen IRL.

Mad Poster
#47 Old 19th Nov 2021 at 9:36 AM
I went to bed at 6pm last night and woke up 9am this morning. What the hell. Also I'm starving, I'm debating if pasta counts as a breakfast meal because other than cereal or chocolate that's really all I have in that I can make quickly.

#48 Old 19th Nov 2021 at 4:16 PM
There needs to be a day where it's acceptable for college students to gather on their campuses and just scream into the void to alleviate stress.

"Meh." - me
#49 Old 19th Nov 2021 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
I went to bed at 6pm last night and woke up 9am this morning. What the hell. Also I'm starving, I'm debating if pasta counts as a breakfast meal because other than cereal or chocolate that's really all I have in that I can make quickly.

Pasta counts. I know I'm saying this as a college student, but pasta counts.

"Meh." - me
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 20th Nov 2021 at 4:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Graveyard Snowflake
Pasta counts. I know I'm saying this as a college student, but pasta counts.

Yeah, pasta is special like that. Can be breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, snack's snack.

BEEP BOOP FELLOW HUMANS
Page 2 of 37