Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Nov 2021 at 10:24 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default have problem in bon boyage
Hello, I have a problem with bon boyage, I realized that I took my family on vacation and the cleaner does not clean, she stands and leaves everything dirty. I didn't give it importance, until yesterday I played with another family and went on vacation to the same place and the hotel was all dirty, beds to be made, food from the other family there etc ... what's going on? , how can I solve it? my sims go on vacation and have to clean everything .. i read that these batches are restarted when the sims leave, why not mine? Thanks
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Nov 2021 at 10:55 AM
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Nov 2021 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Try Simwardrobe's Improved Housekeeping:
https://simfileshare.net/folder/87859/

@simsample Thank you so much! I will try it at night, now I have to do homework! hahaha, you're very kind, it's true the cleaner stands idly by, or only does one thing, my lot is never clean, not even when I come back, I hope it will be solved, now that I talk about bon boyage, the cameras are worse than the ones in my neighborhood (" vista gentil" , I don't know how to say it in English), I changed mine for ones from a member of MTS but they only work in the neighborhood, right? in bon boyage they look horrible, far from above and far away.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Nov 2021 at 5:36 PM
Do you mean the camera movement in the neighbourhood? If so then try Jessa's camera mod, tweaked and re-uploaded here by Lowedeus.
https://lowedeus.tumblr.com/post/61...sor-as-you-know
Works great for me in all neighbourhoods, even the Bon Voyage ones.
[I think 'Vista Gentil' is Pleasantview?]
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Nov 2021 at 1:59 AM Last edited by Missdabone : 5th Nov 2021 at 8:16 AM.
@simsample Thank you, I did not know those cameras, the ones I have are numeror or gun mod or something like that, they look very good in "Vista Gentil" (surely in English it will be Pleasantview, I never had the game in English), but in bon boyage they look very bad , I will backup, as always, I have like 3 or 4 backups. In order not to open more threads, and you are very kind (I don't want to take advantage, but ..) is there any way to verify my personalized content? , is that when I was very novice (more than now), I downloaded a lot and surely without its meshes etc ... I have 13 gigs of CC, and it takes me a long time to load the game, is there that I ask?
PS: that's just a file, is it put in downloads? , and the cameras that I have are compatible with those or should I restore default?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 5th Nov 2021 at 1:19 PM
Hey @Missdabone The camera file goes into C:\Users\[username]\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Cameras- let it override your current NeighborhoodCamera.txt file. If you want to restore the default camera files at any time, just delete the Cameras folder and run the game, and a new folder will be generated.

For your custom content, if you want to remove it from the game then just drag C:\Users\[username]\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads to the desktop and delete the Accessory.cache, Groups.cache and cigen files, if they are there. Then run the game and your custom content will be gone and you can always put it back if you need to. Warning- Make a safe copy of C:\Users\[username]\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods before doing this, because when you run the game without custom content it will be deleted from the neighbourhood also!

If you want to sort through your custom content then the best and simplest way I have found is to open the downloads folder with Sims2Pack Clean Installer.
https://modthesims.info/d/409950/
If you tell it to scan your Downloads folder, you will see all of the files listed there (it might take a while for the program to read them all!) Tick the boxes where it says 'Preview' and 'Recursive' as this will make sure it shows you the image files in the packages, and also scans the sub-folders.

Any files in red are game modifications (not necessarily bad, just that they override some game behaviour- the one in the image is my Multi Pollination Technician mod).
Any files in pink are duplicate files (as this one is; I had mistakenly put two copies of that slider in my game!), and any recolours without meshes also show up in pink.

Any recolours or clothing files will show a little image of the images contained in the file when you click on them- this is very useful as you can see what it is, and recognise the outfit/ recolour and whether you want to keep it.

If you decide you want to delete a file, right click and choose 'remove file' and it will be gone. This is permanent though, you can't get the file back through recycle bin- so make sure you keep a safe copy of your Downloads before you begin, in case you regret deleting things later!
Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 1:33 AM
Hello! thanks, sim2packcleaner seems very useful! , I knew it was used to install lots, content, but not for this, I'll take a look !.
Thanks! I had a 33 mg cigen file and I didn't know what it was, (what I did know is that it wouldn't download something so big sode CC hahahaha), I deleted it and everything is correct, thanks. About the cameras for now I will stick with the ones I have look at and they are: https://modthesims.info/d/312294/en...ay-cameras.html

they look really good, just that in bon boyage they don't work like they do in the neighborhood.
I don't know how they look in other places, since the city center is wrong, will there be a place where I can download the city center and install it without losing my saved sims? Thanks for your help.
PS: I also get files marked in light blue (cyan), what are they?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 2:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Missdabone
About the cameras for now I will stick with the ones I have look at and they are: https://modthesims.info/d/312294/en...ay-cameras.html
they look really good, just that in bon boyage they don't work like they do in the neighborhood.

I tested them and they seem to work okay for me, maybe you could try downloading and installing them again? Some other users were reporting bugs, some saying they were playing in wider resolutions.

I don't know how they look in other places, since the city center is wrong, will there be a place where I can download the city center and install it without losing my saved sims?

Do you mean Downtown? If so, you should be able to delete the one you have and add another from the downtown menu. If your template is broken then the easiest thing to do is to get a copy off your install discs, or repair if you are playing through origin. If you have a different downloaded copy then you'd have to redownload to retrieve the file, I don't know if anyone has uploaded just the downtown template anywhere.

PS: I also get files marked in light blue (cyan), what are they?

Either incomplete bodyshop files, or maybe default replacements.
http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/index.php?page=5
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 12:29 PM
Thank you, you help me a lot! , I'm sorry to give you so much work, the sim2cleaninstaller I removed everything duplicated (I have a backup copy), but the packages in cyan color, I will leave them, there are not many and I think they are some non-cataloged bodyshop project, since one is an adidas tracksuit and if I have it in the game.
About the urban center, sorry I do not know what it is called in English, it is the center at night, which comes with deluxe, I think they are nightlife, I do not know what it is called in English, my dvd of the sims 2 is deluxe edition, not superdeluxe. (I downloaded it when they gave it free, but I don't know where the account is) and since I have the originals, well I don't care about those, so you say to install the base game + nightlife? Won't the game be damaged? If that's not the way to do it, where do I find a neighborhood of nightlife? excuse my English...
Ps: If I can go to the urban center, but the lots are stacked on top of each other, misplaced, I don't know what happened , in Spanish I would tell you that it is like a "batiburrillo" (hodgepodge?) of things all mixed together, I don't know what happened to it (I tried to edit it, but i can't save it), I could never play well with him, I would like to, but for that reason I never go
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 1:37 PM
About the urban center, sorry I do not know what it is called in English, it is the center at night, which comes with deluxe, I think they are nightlife, I do not know what it is called in English, my dvd of the sims 2 is deluxe edition, not superdeluxe. (I downloaded it when they gave it free, but I don't know where the account is) and since I have the originals, well I don't care about those,

Oh, I think I misunderstood! You are not saying that the entire neighbourhood is ruined, just one building? Can you show me a picture of it?

Which building is it? Can you find it here:
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Downto...#Community_lots
Or was it one that you downloaded?

so you say to install the base game + nightlife? Won't the game be damaged? If that's not the way to do it, where do I find a neighborhood of nightlife? excuse my English...

No, don't install anything- I misunderstood what you are saying!
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Nov 2021 at 9:55 AM
sorry, my english is very bad and google translator even more :D
look, if I could put some houses, but others are messy and in the middle of the road.
This is the urban center, of nightlife, I don't know what it is called in English. I had to save some in the lot drawer.
The crypt club, for ahem, that lot crossed with a house with a pool or something like that, a bowling alley was badly placed, I don't understand why they are like that, maybe why my game was normal first of all (base) and I saved the games and got the deluxe, my base game that had been dead for years.
Tell me what can I do, the city center is very cool
click one photo
second photo
3 !!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 7th Nov 2021 at 4:31 PM
That's really odd, it looks to me like your Downtown neighbourhood has been merged somehow with your Sim State university neighbourhood. Let me show you- this is what Downtown is meant to look like:
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/s...=20141128180724
And these buildings are from Sim State University:
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Catego...tate_University

The only way I can think of that this could happen is if some of the lots got renamed or renumbered- this would account for them overlapping the road and not being loaded.

Not sure what you can do about that; it looks as though the Downtown subhood is broken, if it were my neighbourhood I would delete ithe subhood and begin another Downtown. You can safely delete nightlife/ downtown subhoods without damaging your main neighbourhood, and then add another at any time. The Downtown template is there in your installation files (as long as they are intact) so you should be able to install a fresh copy okay.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 7th Nov 2021 at 8:37 PM
I think it can also happen if you accidentally drop the folder of a neighbourhood into another one, by mistake, like I once did, I had a similar result, I think, from what I can understand of OP's pictures.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14 Old 7th Nov 2021 at 9:22 PM
Yes @Lili975 , if that happened then some of the lots from one hood would have been overwritten by lots from another hood, which would have had the same effect as renumbering them. Also, there's a chance that- if character files were copy-pasted, a character could have been overwritten, which would cause problems in the original neighbourhood.
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 11:17 AM
The strange thing is that my university sub-center is perfect and if I can go to the urban center, but as I said, I had to edit some buildings or add them to the batch drawer, so you say delete the urban center? How can I do that ???
Lili975 I never touched the files of the neighborhoods, or sub-neighborhoods, I think it was because my base game was that and then I saved the game many years ago and installed the deluxe. is what comes to mind, but I don't know, could you please give me the steps that I should take to create a new urban center? Thanks
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#16 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 9:42 PM
First thing is to backup your neighbourhoods- make a safe copy of Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods and put it somewhere to keep. That way if something goes wrong, you can restore this safe backup.
Next thing is to go to your Downtown neighbourhood and move out all of the sims living in houses there. Go back to the main neighbourhood.
Then you should be able to delete the subhood through the 'add a downtown' menu in neighbourhood view. All sims will be safe, the game won't delete them because they are capable of existing in the main neighbourhood. (You can't do this for Uni hoods though- once you added one, you must keep at least one!)
Use the same menu to add another downtown- the EA Downtown should appear as an option. The game shouldn't add any more characters, since you already have added the downtown townies.

Please anyone who has corrections or suggestions speak up!
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 10th Nov 2021 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
First thing is to backup your neighbourhoods- make a safe copy of Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods and put it somewhere to keep. That way if something goes wrong, you can restore this safe backup.
Next thing is to go to your Downtown neighbourhood and move out all of the sims living in houses there. Go back to the main neighbourhood.
Then you should be able to delete the subhood through the 'add a downtown' menu in neighbourhood view. All sims will be safe, the game won't delete them because they are capable of existing in the main neighbourhood. (You can't do this for Uni hoods though- once you added one, you must keep at least one!)
Use the same menu to add another downtown- the EA Downtown should appear as an option. The game shouldn't add any more characters, since you already have added the downtown townies.

Please anyone who has corrections or suggestions speak up!

Hello! I did not forget this topic, it is complicated for me, and more to explain everything in English, I have deleted the urban center, I only had sims "default", it is more to erase the center, I had to enter those houses and be able to save those sims , but I found it curious that they were university sims, my urban center is merged with University, when I deleted, everything ok, but my university neighborhood passed what I teach you. You told me not to delete both universities, ok I did this:
I saved all the sims in the drawer, and I deleted a university without sims already, then I created that same one, I went to the other one and put all the sims in the drawer, and I deleted that one, everything ok, I have done it again, I must look at how I has remained, and if my college sims are still in the drawer, since I don't know if I did it right, I have a backup! , I have done well? And if it happens again, what should I do? ... is that my neighborhood "Vista gentil" is the only one I have played I have all my families there ... can families be saved and send them to another neighborhood or is that not possible? greetings and thanks for your help and your patience.
P.S: I had made many screenshots but I only have one left, the game's default are loaded, how do I take screenshots and that the game does not delete them?
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#18 Old 10th Nov 2021 at 8:51 PM
The blue squares show that there is a problem with the lots, something is broken somewhere. Without looking at the files I wouldn't even know what to suggest next, if that is a fresh uni hood and it is still showing as broken then there must be some other problem.
Do you have any neighbourhood files anywhere else in your Sims 2 userdata folder?
Drag [user]\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 to the desktop, and run the game to generate another one. Can you make a Downtown and Uni to one of the clean Maxis neighbourhood there?
Are you a native French speaker?
Mad Poster
#19 Old 10th Nov 2021 at 9:12 PM
The game has not deleted your screenshots, only put them in a place you haven't looked. The Storytelling folder you see when you look under The Sims 2 will display the last picture taken with the game's camera button, along with all the album pictures for the original basegame neighborhoods, but the permanent storage is in the Storytelling folder inside the Neighborhood folder for the neighborhood where the pictures are taken. If you're playing Strangetown, for example, and you wanted to see all your photos, you'd go to The Sims 2/Neighborhoods/N002/Storytelling.

If you replaced one University with another of the same University, you now have duplicates of all the sims who come with that University. But do not despair, because you backed up first! You can always restore things to how they were before and start again. Do not delete the extra sims, as that will cause more problems.

Sending sims from one neighborhood to another using the game tool provided will break both neighborhoods, but it is perfectly safe to move sims from one subhood to another within the same neighborhood. There are ways to safely copy sims in one neighborhood and recreate them in another, but let's not give up on this one just yet.

That problem with the way the lots are displaying is very deeply weird. There is a tool called Hood Replacer that will allow you to replace the terrain of a neighborhood or subhood with another, but I am inclined to think that you have something in your computer - possibly but not necessarily in your game - that is causing this problem, and you'll want to find out what that is rather than merely patching it, to prevent it from happening again. Troubleshooting is tedious, but you learn a lot doing it.

Simsample has a point - if you tell us your native language, perhaps we can get help from someone who speaks both that and English to reduce confusion. The game is very complex, and every computer system is different, and MTS has developed a specialized vocabulary that is very useful once you know it, so a problem like this one is often confusing to deal with, even when everybody involved speaks the same language equally well. Don't get too discouraged. We want to help and will to the extent that we can.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 11th Nov 2021 at 6:17 PM
Hello, first of all, thank you very much for your help, I am not French, I am Spanish girl , and my mother tongue is Castilian / Spanish. If you want, I'll write to you in Spanish, they'll tell me!
Let's see if I understand, I remove my entire EA Games folder of documents, and I started the game? and what folder should I save? Yes, I have clean unused neighborhoods, all those that are not "Vista Gentil" I never played any other, (I don't know the reason, I don't know if one day years ago I entered the oddities). But in all those neighborhoods I don't have families, only in Vista Gentil.
It is true, I have seen my screenshots of my families, I did not know they were there, thank you very much @Peni Griffin, it is true I have double university students, and I did not even play with them, I also remember that I have a backup before doing all this, So what do you advise me? calm down I have backup! , so we can do tests. I'm sorry about my terrible English .. I wish I knew how to write it perfectly.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#21 Old 11th Nov 2021 at 9:23 PM
Lets try this, sorry if the translation is bad!
Intentemos esto, ¡lo siento si la traducción es mala!

when you make a new university town
cuando haces una nueva ciudad universitaria

The game uses the template
El juego usa la plantilla

So if the neighborhood is broken
Entonces, si el vecindario está roto

It demonstrates that either the template is broken
Demuestra que la plantilla está rota

Or else you have something in your user files that is interfering
O de lo contrario, tiene algo en sus archivos de usuario que está interfiriendo

So to test this we can move your current user files to the desktop
Entonces, para probar esto, podemos mover sus archivos de usuario actuales al escritorio

Just drag it like this
Solo arrástralo así

Then run the game, and it will be as though you have never played
Luego ejecuta el juego y será como si nunca hubieras jugado.

If the game works correctly and you can get a university and a city center working, then we know that the problem is in your user files.
Si el juego funciona correctamente y puedes conseguir que funcionen una universidad y un centro de la ciudad, entonces sabemos que el problema está en tus archivos de usuario.

If it does not then we need to look at the installation files.
Si no es así, debemos mirar los archivos de instalación.
Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 12th Nov 2021 at 6:23 PM
Hello @simsample ! Thank you for your effort to translate your text, it is not necessary, Google already does it! Thank you very much it made me laugh, you are a very kind person, write to me in English, I will translate it, I understand you 90% hahaha, let's see ok It's easy. I'm moving my EA Games folder of documents, to another site, to another internal HDD that I have, but in my game files, I also have modified things, such as extra CEP, in program files, etc. I run the game like this or do I take that away too? I'll do some test: D
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#23 Old 12th Nov 2021 at 6:35 PM
I am bad at languages!

Yes, just run the game without the Sims 2 folder in Documents- you do not want CEP or any custom content.
When you run the game without it, a fresh one will be generated with the default neighbourhoods.
You can then go into Pleasantview (VistaGentil) and add a University. Also add a Downtown (city center) and see if they look right, or if they have the blue squares as in your previous image.
If they are ok then we know that the problem was caused by something in your Documents/EA Games/ The Sims 2 folder.
If they are not ok then we need to look at your installation files.
Instructor
Original Poster
#24 Old 14th Nov 2021 at 11:25 AM
@simsample I have done a test, but I could not remove my custom stuff from the program files as there are a lot of them and then I will mess around and not know where they were.
Even so, the game started well and although the cameras are default ones and the black shadows were visible under the feet, I have created an urban center and 2 universities and the blue squares do not appear nor have they merged, so what can be ?
Thanks for your help.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#25 Old 14th Nov 2021 at 8:21 PM
Good, so this tells us that something in your Documents/ EA Games/ The Sims 2 folder was causing the issue. We just have to find out which one!

Just to check- make sure you still have your original backup! Be sure to keep that.

Delete the new Sims 2 folder you just created- Documents/ EA Games/ The Sims 2.
Then, copy your OLD EA Games/ The Sims 2 folder (the one you moved in this post back into the original location, so put it into your Documents/ EA Games/ folder again.
Now, delete Documents/ EA Games/The Sims 2/ Neighborhoods from that folder. (You have the safe backup for if we want to return it, so what we are testing is- can the game make new neighbourhoods with new University and Downtown worlds if your custom content and other folders are there?)
Now run the game, and it will generate new Neighborhoods.

Can you make a new University and a new Downtown? Do they look okay, or do they have the blue squares?
Page 1 of 2