Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2021 at 4:15 PM
Default ITUN tag for NPC name generator
Hi all,

I am trying to create my own name generator mod and after following a tutorial I have managed to get the mod working so that it creates the new names in Create-a-Sim. However, it doesn't work for the townies. They are still spawning with the old names. The tutorial suggests that one of the files needs to have these intances;

ITUN
Type 0x03B33DDF
Group 0x00000000
Instance 0x784760DD00959DFA

But when I open up the file in S4PE the file is tagged as an XML tag and I can't change it. The rest of the instances are correct though so I don't know why it isn't letting me change it to ITUN.

Any help on this would be appreciated.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 17th Nov 2021 at 5:19 PM
There are two files to edit to get it to work in CAS and for townies, the tutorial you mentioned should list them both. But instead of using S4pe and the other outdated methods in the tutorial, it's recommended you do this in S4S instead. You should be able to open the package you already made in S4S, but in case it doesn't like what S4pe did, you can re-extract the file by going to "Tools" at the top left of S4S, then click "Extract Tuning" and paste the instance, select what appears then click "Add to Package". For the other file, if Extract Tuning is not recognized for whatever reason, you can find them by their instance using "Game File Cruiser", which is in the same menu as Extract Tuning.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Nov 2021 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MizoreYukii
There are two files to edit to get it to work in CAS and for townies, the tutorial you mentioned should list them both. But instead of using S4pe and the other outdated methods in the tutorial, it's recommended you do this in S4S instead. You should be able to open the package you already made in S4S, but in case it doesn't like what S4pe did, you can re-extract the file by going to "Tools" at the top left of S4S, then click "Extract Tuning" and paste the instance, select what appears then click "Add to Package". For the other file, if Extract Tuning is not recognized for whatever reason, you can find them by their instance using "Game File Cruiser", which is in the same menu as Extract Tuning.

Thanks for the info, I managed to get the list for Create a Sim working but as soon as I click on enter a household after creating a Sim, I get stuck in a loading screen.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 18th Nov 2021 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sonnyjimjr3
Thanks for the info, I managed to get the list for Create a Sim working but as soon as I click on enter a household after creating a Sim, I get stuck in a loading screen.

If you edited a SimData as well, it's possible you edited something wrong. I recommend re-doing that part. Also make sure you don't have extra copies in your mods folder (including any similar mods).

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Nov 2021 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MizoreYukii
If you edited a SimData as well, it's possible you edited something wrong. I recommend re-doing that part. Also make sure you don't have extra copies in your mods folder (including any similar mods).

Just went back through the list and a couple of the names were missing the <T> at the beginning so I went and added it back in and now everything works properly. Thank you so much for the help.