Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Nov 2021 at 9:59 AM
Default Can Walk Through Couch
So, got a CC couch, you can walk through it put it anywhere even half through the house. How do I fix this, is it the footprint or what?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2021 at 11:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by t888
So, got a CC couch, you can walk through it put it anywhere even half through the house. How do I fix this, is it the footprint or what?

Assuming that you’ve made sure moveobjects on is not enabled, the couch may not have the “For Pathing” box checked on its footprint.

The only way I know of to fix this is to import the couch into TSRW, click on the Slots tab, click the plus button on the tab that says Footprint, click the three dots, and a box will pop up that includes a checkbox that says “For Pathing”, among other things. Check this box, export your couch out of TSRW and into either a package file or a sims3pack and install it back into your game.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2021 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alunn
Assuming that you’ve made sure moveobjects on is not enabled, the couch may not have the “For Pathing” box checked on its footprint.

The only way I know of to fix this is to import the couch into TSRW, click on the Slots tab, click the plus button on the tab that says Footprint, click the three dots, and a box will pop up that includes a checkbox that says “For Pathing”, among other things. Check this box, export your couch out of TSRW and into either a package file or a sims3pack and install it back into your game.

Yeah moveobjectson wasn't on, nothing was.
Ah, so it won't work if you just use S3PE and footsie to fix? It has to be imported, fixed, & exported a new, is that it? Just want to make sure I got this right.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 22nd Nov 2021 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by t888
Yeah moveobjectson wasn't on, nothing was.
Ah, so it won't work if you just use S3PE and footsie to fix? It has to be imported, fixed, & exported a new, is that it? Just want to make sure I got this right.

I’ve never used footsie before, but I did find a way to access those checkboxes I mentioned in s3pe.

1. Open your cc couch in s3pe.

2. Click on the tag that says FTPT. Then click the Grid button near the bottom of the window.

3. Click the arrow on the tab that says ChunkEntries. Then click the arrow on the tab below it that says [0] ChunkEntries.

4. Click the arrow on the tab that says RCOLBlock. Then click on the tab that says Footprint Areas. This will open up another window.

5. In that window you should see a tab labeled AreaTypeFlags. Click on that arrow to get a drop down menu.

6. Make sure the following three flags are marked true: [00] ForPlacement, [01] ForPathing, and [02] IsEnabled.

7. Close the drop down menu, then click on the arrow next to the AllowIntersectionFlags tab.

8. In that drop down menu, make sure all of the flags are marked false.

9. Then click Okay and then Commit to save your changes.

10. Save your package and test in game.

You may have to do this more than once if your package has more than one FTPT file, but I’m unsure if it’s necessary. Test in game after you change the first FTPT file and see if it works.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Nov 2021 at 12:22 AM Last edited by t888 : 23rd Nov 2021 at 2:56 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Alunn
I’ve never used footsie before, but I did find a way to access those checkboxes I mentioned in s3pe.

1. Open your cc couch in s3pe.

2. Click on the tag that says FTPT. Then click the Grid button near the bottom of the window.

3. Click the arrow on the tab that says ChunkEntries. Then click the arrow on the tab below it that says [0] ChunkEntries.

4. Click the arrow on the tab that says RCOLBlock. Then click on the tab that says Footprint Areas. This will open up another window.

5. In that window you should see a tab labeled AreaTypeFlags. Click on that arrow to get a drop down menu.

6. Make sure the following three flags are marked true: [00] ForPlacement, [01] ForPathing, and [02] IsEnabled.

7. Close the drop down menu, then click on the arrow next to the AllowIntersectionFlags tab.

8. In that drop down menu, make sure all of the flags are marked false.

9. Then click Okay and then Commit to save your changes.

10. Save your package and test in game.

You may have to do this more than once if your package has more than one FTPT file, but I’m unsure if it’s necessary. Test in game after you change the first FTPT file and see if it works.

Going to test this soon, but with your help I think I see what the problem may be. 1 footprint does have the right flags checked, the other basically has nothing checked at all, I applied the same steps to it, and will see how it goes later or tomorrow.

EDIT: Just checked, and yeah that worked, thanks a lot.