Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Nov 2021 at 12:40 PM
Default Add "travel" option to broomstick
Hi everyone,
So I've been fiddling around with modding and still can't seem to get it to work (really dumb when it comes to these things lol)
I just want to add the Travel action to the broomstick from Realm of Magic. So basically if you click the broomstick in your inventory, it will give the option to travel to any lot (much like clicking on the road or the travel option on the phone) then have the little "mount on the broomstick" animation and fly away, then the "land on the broomstick" animation at the new selected lot.

Hope this makes sense. Can anyone help me> Thank you!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2021 at 9:21 PM
Which part are you stuck at, and what do you have done so far?

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Dec 2021 at 11:09 AM
Haven't really done much. Been messing around with Sims 4 Studio but I haven't really figured anything out.. I'm so confused lol
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Feb 2022 at 7:38 PM
Can anybody help? I've given up
Field Researcher
#5 Old 25th Feb 2022 at 4:49 AM
Sorry for the late reply, I forgot to check back on this thread. It would be best to familiarize yourself with the concepts of modding first, as this is a bit of a difficult project for a beginner. Here are some resources so you can setup and learn:

When you're comfortable with the basics after reading and practicing with the tutorials, you'll want to start with the interaction system. Unfortunately for the animations, unless a basic takeoff and land animation exists that's going to be a different set of files and skills. For now we'll focus on getting the interactions to work.

The phone starts with a picker interaction called phone_Picker_InviteTo_NEW (for land it seems to be terrain-travel_here_with_Picker), but if you don't want to choose sims ignore it as it won't be necessary. The next interaction in that chain that you will want to clone is Travel_DummyInteractions_Phone_TravelWith, which is where you will want to put the take off animations. It then continues to travel_DummyInteractions_Phone_TravelWith_Continuation where it has outcomes based on which sims accept. If you are not bothering to pick sims you won't really need all that stuff there, so you could potentially skip it. Or if you need it for something else, clone the first dummy interaction again instead and remove the test about situations, then reference the next interaction we're discussing in the outcome. The interaction next in the chain is phone_mapPicker_InviteTo, which from what I understand is the one that takes you to the map, and upon finished traveling gives that nanny notification if there's toddlers/babies in the household. This means that whenever you get to the animations, the landing ones should theoretically go in this interaction, but I'm not sure without testing it myself. When done creating the chain, use XML Injector, use the by interaction (aka affordance) option for objects (any broom interaction should work), and only link the first interaction in the chain.

Once you've got the interaction chain working, then we can try to do the animations.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon