Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New Light - Sims 1 Nostalgia Collection by cgLizard

by cgLizard Posted 23rd Nov 2021 at 4:58 PM

4 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 3 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Theorist
THANKS POST
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2021 at 7:57 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 23rd Nov 2021 at 8:19 PM. Reason: Mispell
I guess it is impossible to show realistic glass wall cubes without walls transparency. I think The Sims developers were failed to make it look like glass cubes. Your tiles are good but not from glass too and has no enough transparency effect. Looks pretty similar to white stone rather then glass texture. Just my opinion.
Regards Vic ^_^
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Nov 2021 at 10:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
I guess it is impossible to show realistic glass wall cubes without walls transparency. I think The Sims developers were failed to make it look like glass cubes. Your tiles are good but not from glass too and has no enough transparency effect. Looks pretty similar to white stone rather then glass texture. Just my opinion.
Regards Vic ^_^

Thanks for your feedback Vic!
There is truth to what you are saying. As far as I know, some kind of window could simulate the glass brick transparency effect, or even only object, because only then cubes could be visible as 3d objects, I guess. While making this texture I was already thinking that I will look into that in the future.
I could not decide if I would like to just paste realistic glass cubes texture and call it a day (like the sims 1 version was made) or make them a little more maxis match, so maybe I just was stuck in the middle But I think up close they resemble the glass more! :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 19th Dec 2021 at 9:50 AM
I love glass block, and while these don't actually act like glass, I think they're pretty. Thanks for sharing. If you ever do make the wall act like glass, I'll download that version, as well.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 1st Mar 2024 at 7:09 AM
Absolutely living for all of the demo rooms you built to showcase these