Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Dec 2021 at 11:10 AM
Default Changing the quantity to select Vacation Benefits
Hello, everyone!

Anyway, I got bored and decided to do an experiment. I want to change the number of benefits to choose, which are given after a vacation (preferably a good one). By default, the maximum number of benefits that can be selected is 3. If anything, this is from the Bon Voyage add-on.

Is it possible to increase this value by, say, 5, or is this hardwired? I've been trying to find this value for days now. I assume this value could be in the "Behaviout Constant" type, but it's pretty hard to find that particular one out of >10,000 (SimPE is awkward in that regard, or I haven't found the resource name search box).
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Jan 2022 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Onebeld
Hello, everyone!

Anyway, I got bored and decided to do an experiment. I want to change the number of benefits to choose, which are given after a vacation (preferably a good one). By default, the maximum number of benefits that can be selected is 3. If anything, this is from the Bon Voyage add-on.

Is it possible to increase this value by, say, 5, or is this hardwired? I've been trying to find this value for days now. I assume this value could be in the "Behaviout Constant" type, but it's pretty hard to find that particular one out of >10,000 (SimPE is awkward in that regard, or I haven't found the resource name search box).

This might help you in your research - the group number for the vacation controller is 0x7F8BB661. The function that appears to contain the vacation benefits function is CT - Process VB Selection.

How I found it is using the Simantics Resource Finder to find related strings (since I knew the phrase 'Vacation Benefits' is likely to appear) which pointed me to the group 0x7F8BB661, and then I used whoward's Bhavfinder to search for nodes which used the 'Dialogue' primitive. This method might be of use to you in the future.

Best of luck!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jan 2022 at 6:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BartekStu
This might help you in your research - the group number for the vacation controller is 0x7F8BB661. The function that appears to contain the vacation benefits function is CT - Process VB Selection.

How I found it is using the Simantics Resource Finder to find related strings (since I knew the phrase 'Vacation Benefits' is likely to appear) which pointed me to the group 0x7F8BB661, and then I used whoward's Bhavfinder to search for nodes which used the 'Dialogue' primitive. This method might be of use to you in the future.

Best of luck!

Thank you so much for your help! I was able to change this value! This is not a "CT - Process VB Selection" resource, it's much easier.

For anyone interested, here's the info:
Type: BCON
Title: Tuning - Controller Constans
Group: 0x7F8BB661
Instance: 0x00001011 (4113)

There are four values inside the resource, but you only need the last three. The defaults are 3, 2, and 1. You can change up to 6 (it makes sense that there are only six), otherwise you can't exit the dialog until you select, say, the seventh, and it's not there.