Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pleasantview with Tutorial Joe and Jane

by CroconawSims Posted 18th Apr 2022 at 3:08 AM - Updated 13th May 2023 at 6:59 PM by zachjohnunlimited

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 18th Apr 2022 at 6:22 PM
Have to try it. Expect a funny, quick play.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 18th Apr 2022 at 6:48 PM
Thank you
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Apr 2022 at 1:47 AM
Yes! wanted this for a long time!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Apr 2022 at 5:46 PM
As usual, I can't do anything quick. Rebuilt Pleasant & Goth houses - for the umptieth time. Actually, I like waiting till everyone is asleep then putting them in the yard. ..along with anything I will keep for the new house...windows, that dang piano, etc. Sometimes I just need to move a few walls for better navigation, sometimes the house gets totally demolished. And THAT process gives me more than enough money to rebuild! And silly sims never notice, or wonder where the best toilet is.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 22nd Apr 2022 at 3:26 AM
I put this in my game before the update came out with no Bella (thank you btw!). So I just gave Bella "I am Dead" token via SimPe, does that work?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Apr 2022 at 3:52 AM Last edited by zachjohnunlimited : 22nd Apr 2022 at 7:12 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by RachieTheSim
I put this in my game before the update came out with no Bella (thank you btw!). So I just gave Bella "I am Dead" token via SimPe, does that work?

Giving Bella the "I am Dead" token should work since the token makes the game treat Bella as if she is dead. But if Bella still appears in your hood then you should edit Bella to not be a townie. To make Bella not be a townie you first change her Family Instance number to 0x0000. Next you click the Family Information (FAMI) button in the resource tree, then click on the 2nd to last family Information FAMI (it will have the name Townies), and finally remove Bella from the list called Family Members (She is at the bottom of the list) .
Space Pony
THANKS POST
#8 Old 24th Apr 2022 at 11:55 PM
Can any of the dead ancestors be resurrected in either version? Thanks, this is so cool!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Apr 2022 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Airazor65
Can any of the dead ancestors be resurrected in either version? Thanks, this is so cool!

All of the dead ancestors can be resurrected without causing corruption.

This uses meetmetotheriver's clean Pleasantview which restores all of the dead ancestor's character data. For Jane's parents they were created in CAS and then flagged as dead in SimPE so they have all of their character data.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#10 Old 27th Apr 2022 at 9:47 AM
Darn, I've already added my pleasantview to my uberhood. Do you have a subhood that is just these two? Or even just their extracted selves, maybe? I'd love to add them as relatives of the Brokes!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 27th Apr 2022 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
Darn, I've already added my pleasantview to my uberhood. Do you have a subhood that is just these two? Or even just their extracted selves, maybe? I'd love to add them as relatives of the Brokes!

You can extract Joe and Jane from the tutorial hood using SimPE and BodyShop.
Here is a link to a tutorial on how to do that.
https://www.thesimswiki.com/wiki/Ga...of_in-game_Sims

I will also upload a subhood version of this hood, but I can't do that right now because I am currently not home.
Test Subject
#12 Old 25th May 2022 at 2:33 PM
This looks great! Is it for Base Game? I have Super Collection and it doesn't appear to be showing up for me when I launch the game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 1st Jun 2022 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emmaclmitchell
This looks great! Is it for Base Game? I have Super Collection and it doesn't appear to be showing up for me when I launch the game.

I tried to make it base game compatible, however I made this with the Ultimate Collection so I think you need Mansion and Garden stuff to use it.
Test Subject
#14 Old 14th Jun 2022 at 4:05 PM
Why do the subhoods read the same as the main hoods? They all appear as N001.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 4:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by algerth
Why do the subhoods read the same as the main hoods? They all appear as N001.

I just didn't rename the subhoods. If the subhoods having the same filename as the main hoods causes an issue then you can use bulk rename utility to rename the subhoods yourself.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 7:28 PM
Sooo "This version was remade from scratch using the disk version so the hood should now be base game compatible. "
Does that ^ mean it no-longer is based on Tarlia's clean hood?

I'm confused... I want Tarlia/MeetMe's clean hood, with your townies, Jane and Joe, and a properly missing Bella. Did I miss it?

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Sooo "This version was remade from scratch using the disk version so the hood should now be base game compatible. "
Does that ^ mean it no-longer is based on Tarlia's clean hood?

I'm confused... I want Tarlia/MeetMe's clean hood, with your townies, Jane and Joe, and a properly missing Bella. Did I miss it?

The current version still uses MeetMe's clean Pleasantview.
What I meant by that statement is that I redid the process of adding Joe and Jane to the hood, but the hood is still based on the clean Pleasantview template.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 21st Jun 2022 at 12:00 AM
OK. Thanks.

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Test Subject
#19 Old 21st Jul 2022 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zachjohnunlimited
I tried to make it base game compatible, however I made this with the Ultimate Collection so I think you need Mansion and Garden stuff to use it.

Ahhh sad times!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 24th Jul 2022 at 3:41 AM Last edited by Kat Attack : 25th Jul 2022 at 6:54 PM.
Question, does this use MeetMe's original 2011 LiveJournal uploads of her clean neighborhoods, or does this use her updated and much more recent "Fixed Dead" rereleases of her clean neighborhoods from Tumblr?

Edit: Reason I ask is because I love this idea, but I would only want to use this if it's made with the most recent rerelease of MeetMe's clean Pleasantview and not the old one, as I'm otherwise using her rereleases and not the original 2011 releases.

Edit 2: After reading the description a bit more carefully, the clarification of this being her clean Pleasantview with Townies makes it apparent this uses her 2011 clean hoods. Darn. This is still a really sweet idea though!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kat Attack
Question, does this use MeetMe's original 2011 LiveJournal uploads of her clean neighborhoods, or does this use her updated and much more recent "Fixed Dead" rereleases of her clean neighborhoods from Tumblr?

Edit: Reason I ask is because I love this idea, but I would only want to use this if it's made with the most recent rerelease of MeetMe's clean Pleasantview and not the old one, as I'm otherwise using her rereleases and not the original 2011 releases.

Edit 2: After reading the description a bit more carefully, the clarification of this being her clean Pleasantview with Townies makes it apparent this uses her 2011 clean hoods. Darn. This is still a really sweet idea though!

No this does use the most recent version of the clean template. For some reason her clean Pleasantview is the only one that includes the Maxis townies and NPCs.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 28th Jul 2022 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zachjohnunlimited
No this does use the most recent version of the clean template. For some reason her clean Pleasantview is the only one that includes the Maxis townies and NPCs.

Oh, you're right, my bad! I was using the version without townies, and since the other main hoods don't come with townies, I guess I just assumed that the Pleasantview clean hood I was using already must have also not used townies by default. Well, time to install yours with Jane and Joe, thanks for clarifying!

Edit: If I had to guess, her rereleases probably exclude townies either for the sake of convenience of not having to clean them all up, orrrrrr so they can more safely be used with mods like Pescado's antiredundancy and notownieregen mods.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 15th Mar 2023 at 3:45 PM
Your update is fantastic! Thank you
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 15th Mar 2023 at 8:51 PM
You're welcome! :D
Test Subject
#25 Old 1st May 2023 at 12:42 AM
Is there a way to get Joe and Jane as a family bin and move them into any lot?
Page 1 of 2