Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

LotCatalog Refresh Project ~ a complete Lot Bin overhaul

by CatherineTCJD Posted 8th Jun 2022 at 2:34 PM - Updated 17th Oct 2023 at 7:10 PM by CatherineTCJD

61 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 27 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 8th Jun 2022 at 3:32 PM
Wow! This is amazing! Thank you so much for this <3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 8th Jun 2022 at 4:41 PM
Congratulations! This is a fabulous improvement work for the game, thank you so much
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#4 Old 8th Jun 2022 at 5:52 PM
Wow what a project! Well done for taking it on!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 8th Jun 2022 at 6:03 PM
Amazing! Thank you so much for making the Lot Bin useful again.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 8th Jun 2022 at 6:22 PM
Amazing! It's been like a decade since I used many of the maxis lotbin lots, so I'm excited to try them all out <3 Thank you for your hard work!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 8th Jun 2022 at 6:34 PM
All I can is 'holy cannoli!" What a fantastic project!
Great results, too!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#8 Old 8th Jun 2022 at 7:14 PM
Good grief.
If I were running a bar, I'd give you a case of wine right now
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 8th Jun 2022 at 8:08 PM
Incredible work, thank you so much! The rounded roof on the pet store is the cutest thing, I love it.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 8th Jun 2022 at 8:08 PM
Thank you for this! It looks great, improvements that don't completely change the characters of the lots.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#11 Old 8th Jun 2022 at 8:24 PM
I hope you had a lot of fun during when was building. I like you did not touch neither of M&G houses. Because they are really neat by default.
Regards Vic ^_^
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th Jun 2022 at 9:27 PM
WOW! Thank you for all the wonderful comments all ya'll

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#13 Old 8th Jun 2022 at 10:22 PM Last edited by TadOlson : 9th Jun 2022 at 1:46 AM.
Thanks for sharing this!I can test it in a duplication of my TS2 folder as I'd more than likely back the entire folder conents up instead of just the file to be backed up or even with it backed up.I start with the TS2 folder in case the other go forgotten by mistake.
I forgot to mention that starter home for sims just placed in the game should never have a stove though fridges,counters and sinks are fine since those are all you need for a sims to be able to prepare their meals until they've gained at least three cooking skill points and there's a lot of custom foods that need no skill and use no stoves as well as Mods that make all meals available at all times like the one I use in my game downloaded from HERE called breakfast at midnight.I'm using that Mod in UC and have no issues with it and it actually fixed an issue I uaed to have when I played vanilla.
Needs Coffee
#14 Old 8th Jun 2022 at 10:58 PM
Great to see the project finished and uploaded Cat.
Former Hamster
#15 Old 8th Jun 2022 at 11:36 PM
I can walk right by most things that improve lots/lot imposters/water/etc ('cept for sky thingies, gotta have those!). But not this. This is cool. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 9th Jun 2022 at 9:00 AM
This is EXCELLENT! Thanks a bunch. Im surprised this is still not a featured/picked download!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 9th Jun 2022 at 10:34 AM
Do you have a tutorial somewhere for how to place 2-step foundations? I'd like to extend a decking area for one of the houses but not sure how to do that with 2-step foundations. Thank you again
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 9th Jun 2022 at 2:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sillysoraya
Do you have a tutorial somewhere for how to place 2-step foundations? I'd like to extend a decking area for one of the houses but not sure how to do that with 2-step foundations...

Yup! . Here ya go: Grid-Adjuster Tutorial for Basic 2-Click Foundations.
Please let me know if you have any questions/need any help with it - I am happy to help!

Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
...I forgot to mention that starter home for sims just placed in the game should never have a stove...

Interesting. I play for realism - so I always include a stove. (I also carefully supervise their use of it, until they've earned some skills, mind you!) However, I don't think I added any stoves to these houses? So, EA/Maxis included them originally. I did add lots of fire alarms!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Scholar
THANKS POST
#19 Old 9th Jun 2022 at 3:01 PM
Wow, this is a huge work!
I've been remaking a few of the houses I like better for my personal use, but now I really really want to check out yours. I'm sure I'm gonna enjoy playing with them.
Thank you very much for sharing!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 9th Jun 2022 at 4:16 PM
Remember - these are just meant to be a "starting point" - please customize away!
Thank you, all ya'll, for leaving such wonderful comments. ~ ~ I'm really glad you are finding this useful.

and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#21 Old 12th Jun 2022 at 12:53 AM
I've always taken stoves out of EA homes when using them and just never add any to my own custom built sarter homes though one gets added soon after a family moves in if they already had cooking skill or it was a local kid who'd grown to a teen who's moving out on their own early.It might also happen if a couple renting in an apartment lot moved out to a home of their own once they could afford it.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 13th Jun 2022 at 12:09 AM
At one time there was a thread for re-doing houses in the hood. Some of the occupied ones were the worse, with non-weatherproofing and traffic fails. Would love to see that revived. As for the bin houses -- I always delete all of them! They are needlessly expensive, and don't fit with my themes.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 13th Jun 2022 at 2:54 PM
Oh my sweet will wright!!! You are amazing Catherine - I can't wait to use this!!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 13th Jun 2022 at 4:37 PM
LOL! Thank you, Kiri. I am glad this is something you can use.

and Vintage Stuffeths
Test Subject
#25 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 9:00 PM
Thank you for this! I have been going through the houses to see what they look like. Unfortunately, some are crashing my game. So far, it's "Uplifting Loft" and "Forsythe Place." As they are loading, the game will terminate. Unfortunately I don't have time to go through every single lot at this moment, but those two are causing crashes so far. I've downloaded the document files, so I can easily replace them with my backups from the base game. Hope somebody might be able to help me with this!
Page 1 of 3