Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2022 at 12:14 PM
Moving OSMPs? is there something like this that already exist?
I wasn't sure if this was a modding question or WCIF question, but I know about OSMPs in the sims 2: https://modthesims.info/d/325570/fu...-ever-been.html
they're these slot things that you can put sims on & the sim stays on the OSMP and your able to place them anywhere, BUT I was wondering if it's possible to make animated OSMPs for the sims 2? or if something like this already exist?

as a slot/platform that you can put a sim character on that moves along the area in the game. (hope that made sense).

I don't really understand how to make moving objects for the sims 2. it should be a simple animation though but is there something like this that already exist that you reccomened me using?

the reason why I wanted to use it is because im making a scary movie with the sims 2 and I wanted to make a custom running animation BUT I didn't want to use the root translate joint to make the sim run across the axis because that complicates it. I was wondering if there was an OSMP mod that I can use to make them move instead OR that i can create myself.

any suggestions?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Jun 2022 at 1:57 PM
The only moving items ingame that you can make move are NPC-controlled, and the ones based on the semi-random grid to grid movement of cockroaches (I think Sun&Moon uses these for some of their animals, instead of being NPC-based). Both of those options have random movement.

This rollercoaster is probably the closest you'll get to anything like it that isn't NPC-based (not sure what it's based on) - http://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/D...lerCoaster.html

So far no one that I know has come up with moveable OMSPs or any sort of item that you as the player can fully control and use for movies/posing.

---

Upper body overlay animation (for whatever you want them to do), combined with a running/walking/jogging animation from an animation box (that moves the sim)?

Greenscreen just the sim?

Animation that's just long enough that you can cut and jump to the next scene/cut?

Different cut so you don't need to animate the legs, combined with greenscreen/camera movements.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 11th Jun 2022 at 2:01 PM
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Jun 2022 at 3:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The only moving items ingame that you can make move are NPC-controlled, and the ones based on the semi-random grid to grid movement of cockroaches (I think Sun&Moon uses these for some of their animals, instead of being NPC-based). Both of those options have random movement.

This rollercoaster is probably the closest you'll get to anything like it that isn't NPC-based (not sure what it's based on) - http://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/D...lerCoaster.html

So far no one that I know has come up with moveable OMSPs or any sort of item that you as the player can fully control and use for movies/posing.

---

Upper body overlay animation (for whatever you want them to do), combined with a running/walking/jogging animation from an animation box (that moves the sim)?

Greenscreen just the sim?

Animation that's just long enough that you can cut and jump to the next scene/cut?

Different cut so you don't need to animate the legs, combined with greenscreen/camera movements.

I actually remember a really long time ago, there was one mod I downloaded that was a ridable horse mod for the sims 2. i actually used it to make a scary sims 2 movie. I wasn't able to control the direction the horse was moving in BUT how I got around that was I used an invisable fence mod to build a fence along the path i wanted the horse to go and it worked out perfectly. I was wondering if there was anything else like that
Mad Poster
#5 Old 30th Jun 2022 at 4:44 AM
The ridable horse, and pretty much anything else ridable that moves is usually NPC-based, so looks like that's probably your choice.

NPC items have issues tied to them, though. Adding them to a neighborhood (not just a lot) pretty much means you can't take them out of your Downloads folder without risking corruption down the line, because they count as a sim, so probably not the best solution unless you make sure to keep a pre-NPC backup of your hood.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Jun 2022 at 9:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The ridable horse, and pretty much anything else ridable that moves is usually NPC-based, so looks like that's probably your choice.

NPC items have issues tied to them, though. Adding them to a neighborhood (not just a lot) pretty much means you can't take them out of your Downloads folder without risking corruption down the line, because they count as a sim, so probably not the best solution unless you make sure to keep a pre-NPC backup of your hood.

yeah. good idea. do you know of what tutorials i can follow to make them?