Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
Oh i've never had a sim die by flies either. I've cheated just to see what it looked like though.

I've never been able to make death by flies happen naturally in game. I had a relatively big kitchen filled with dirty dishes, maybe 20 of them, intentionally because I was bored and wanted to see if it was doable, and no amount of moving the sim around or dirty plates would kill him. The chance is, of course, extremely rare. If I could tune it to be higher, I definitely would. It's on the same absurdity level as the cowplant for me.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 9:04 PM
In TS3 I made a family only to have the mother die in a freak kitchen fire, and I thought fine, I'll continue with just the dad. Only, he somehow managed to set fire to himself in another kitchen accident (TS3 and TS4 sims can be a nightmare in the kitchen) and then drown when trying to put out the fire. All in the first day.

More of an unusual happening, but I've had a sim get almost struck by lightning when object they were standing on was struck. The sim walked past as if nothing happened, waving to a friend. She didn't even notice the lightning.

Then there was this sim who sat in a hot tub, and all of a sudden rushed out and started screaming. Couldn't figure out why, until I noticed their bum was on fire. I think the sim survived (been a while ago now, so the details are a bit muddled).
Mad Poster
#28 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 10:12 PM
Oh-now I remember-one of my neighborhoods (Thalia) had a couple, who both died of electrocution while trying to fix the dishwasher. The male thought he was smarter than any repairperson going, and found to his wife's dismay that he was not.
Then his wife decided to get cheap and try it herself. Same results-and their toddler was left an orphan. His grandmother took him in, but never spoke of his parents again.
In the same neighborhood one of the founders died while outside during a thunderstorm and got hit with lightning.

That neighborhood is cursed, I think. Definitely a weird one.I'm tempted to fire it up again in my modern game and see how bad it was...for fun!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#29 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MHS0501
I've never been able to make death by flies happen naturally in game.

I've had several; most of my sims have cleanbots (because someone in the neighbourhood sells them) and they go wrong A LOT. Much hilarity ensues (for me, not my sims- they don't seem to particularly enjoy it). Some of the sims have maids, and I've had two die of flies whilst cleaning up the cleanbot mess. I also had a repair man die of flies whilst fixing a cleanbot in a dirty room, and also an exterminator died of flies when attempting to clean up the roach infestation resultng from a cleanbot malfunction. Oh, the humanity!
Field Researcher
#30 Old 18th Jun 2022 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
In TS3 I made a family only to have the mother die in a freak kitchen fire, and I thought fine, I'll continue with just the dad. Only, he somehow managed to set fire to himself in another kitchen accident (TS3 and TS4 sims can be a nightmare in the kitchen) and then drown when trying to put out the fire. All in the first day.
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Oh-now I remember-one of my neighborhoods (Thalia) had a couple, who both died of electrocution while trying to fix the dishwasher. The male thought he was smarter than any repairperson going, and found to his wife's dismay that he was not.
Then his wife decided to get cheap and try it herself. Same results-and their toddler was left an orphan. His grandmother took him in, but never spoke of his parents again.
In the same neighborhood one of the founders died while outside during a thunderstorm and got hit with lightning.

That neighborhood is cursed, I think. Definitely a weird one.I'm tempted to fire it up again in my modern game and see how bad it was...for fun!
Well, some days, the Random Number God just wants to watch the world burn.... (Admittedly, that one couple that thought they didn't need a trained repairperson brought it on themselves.)

Anyway, I just realized that I haven't shared a story. And, well... I just can't think of any, apart from that one Knowledge/Romance Sim's cowplant-based killing spree.

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 18th Jun 2022 at 4:14 PM
Several years ago I had a couple sims dying from colds. They hadn't been sick long enough for it to be pneumonia, just dying of colds. Still haven't figured that one out.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#33 Old 19th Jun 2022 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
^ Not if they're eaten by a cowplant, crushed by a satellite, and there's old age too. Fire is technically a mood-drop, but they will die eventually (if not put out) even if you try to keep their needs up with cheats.

==
Yes, I didn't think of those. But what do you mean "fire is technically a mood-drop"? Isn't it a NEED drop (food)? Um, you mean if I kept them (via cheats) from starving they would die anyway? how odd

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#34 Old 19th Jun 2022 at 11:33 PM
Meant need-drop.

Need/mood drop is sort of the same in TS2, though. Needs are tied to their mood, so if their needs tank, they'll have a mood drop.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 1:22 AM Last edited by TadOlson : 30th Jun 2022 at 7:07 AM.
I've had a few cases where low skilled sims had access to a stove and set themselves on fire trying to cook and the family died though I exited without saving and got them back though I removed that stove and made them live on cereal and sandwiches until cooking skill was much higher with both adults having atleast three skill points and they got a fire sprinkler before replacing that stove.I should get some better lighting near my computer for at night that dosen't cause terrible glare.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aspersim
I know I'm getting a little off topic but I created a hospital for sims when they get sick to stay the night at for a price of coarse because technically it's a hotel lot but, when my sims are sick I can send them to stay the night at the hospital until they get better

Funny thing though about the only thing realistic about the hospital setting in my un-modded game is the food room service and the maid, no nurses or doctor NPC's unfortunately

Chris Hatch has a Hospital Mod that I use in my game. It works really well. Lets you build your own hospitals and send sick sims there. You can staff it with your playable sims in the medical career and it generates two nurse NPCs to care for the sick sims (one downside is you can't really uninstall it since it spawns two NPCs, but still, if you like it, it works like a charm).
Mad Poster
#37 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 6:29 PM Last edited by grammapat : 25th Jun 2022 at 4:41 AM.
Default typo
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
I've had a gew cases where low skilled sims had access to a stove and set themselves on fire trying to cook and the family died though I exited without saving and got them back though I removed that stove and made them live on cereal and sandwiches until cooking skill was much higher with both adults having atleast three skill points and they got a fire sprinkler before replacing that stove.

==
With "new" Sims, with no skills or training (they do seem to learn with enough directions), offering them deadly "fun" is also a way to let them kill themselves. Some exercise or music items, a game table, a hot tub...not that I deliberately kill my sims! No, they can usually manage to kill themselves with no direction from me.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#38 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 6:40 PM
Cooking new recipes above their level is usually what sets off the fire alarm, and new sims with no skills are more likely to cause a fire hazard. The lobster and baked alaska can cause fires even if the sim has max cooking skills.

Sims can set fire to themselves with the baked alaska - had that happen once (and I don't do that dish very often for that very reason...). If I remember correctly it was while I was doing some story pictures for a Christmas-themed chapter, and the first time around everything went fine, but the second time the sim set fire to themselves while trying to light up the cake. I think I managed to put out the sim, though. Crepes suzette has the flambeing too, but I don't think I've tried it with that one.

Apparently there's a 0.01% chance of a sim with heatstroke spontaneously combusting, and I think that has happened at least once in my game. I don't know what else set that sim on fire, that's for sure... The flames look like they come out of the sims' behind (and it's one of the reasons I prefer playing with temperatures turned off - they're too volatile...)
Mad Poster
#39 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 9:10 PM
I've got Mods to stablize sims temperatures iether making them more stable or making them static so the outside temoerature dosen't affect the sims.I've had far too many cases of sims overheating from hot having a house built and summer arrived before they got anything built.I'm playing with my couples living on homesteads and no houses are built when they first move in so they have to build their own house.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 27th Jun 2022 at 9:00 AM
This is totally off-topic, and I apologise for that, but since I first mentioned it in this thread, and so many of you gave me support here, I thought I'd better tell you that my mother died this morning, about an hour and a half ago, and I'm just about to go up to the hospital. Thank you everybody.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Instructor
#41 Old 27th Jun 2022 at 9:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
This is totally off-topic, and I apologise for that, but since I first mentioned it in this thread, and so many of you gave me support here, I thought I'd better tell you that my mother died this morning, about an hour and a half ago, and I'm just about to go up to the hospital. Thank you everybody.

Very sorry for your loss, you're in our thoughts and our prayers!
Mad Poster
#42 Old 27th Jun 2022 at 12:31 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. May you find peace and strength during this time.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Forum Resident
#43 Old 27th Jun 2022 at 8:09 PM
Lightning strikes are supposed to be a rare occurence in my game but before I modded out weather completely, Death by lightning would happen every other session on community lots to some unlucky sim. Even killed my own sim once then I had to abort the outing without saving to time jump him back to when he was alive.
Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 27th Jun 2022 at 8:44 PM

*hugs* and condolences

My Simblr
He/They
Field Researcher
#45 Old 27th Jun 2022 at 9:22 PM

So sorry to hear this. We are thinking of you and your family in this difficult time.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#46 Old 28th Jun 2022 at 12:24 AM
@AndrewGloria My prayer goes out to you, I have experience my mother having cancer. Try to stay strong mentally and physically, I know it may be hard to do.
Ask God to give you will power to carry through, please try to "Cherish" the time and memories you have left with her. I have a tip for you record her voice interacting with you or on video
that way you will always be able to heard her voice or see her on video. That what I did after my mother passed I was able to still see her and heard her voice, when I miss her present.
We all here at Sims will be here for you whenever you come again. LOVE :lovestruc hang in there.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#48 Old 28th Jun 2022 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aspersim
I appreciate the information but I am a little skeptical of how it would work

It works just as intended. You send someone with 'food poisoning' into the hospital, assign them to a bed, then the doctor will be by-and after a while (24 hours) the patient will be fine to go home.
I've played with the mod. It's good.

Mad Poster
#49 Old 28th Jun 2022 at 8:09 AM
@AndrewGloria -I know how awful it is to lose loved ones and it dosen't matter if that loved one is a human family member or a pet.I've lost both tpes of loved ones and miss all of them.
I've had a few pregnant sims dying from food poisoning on my old computer a few times after teating burnt pork chops and have also had sims overheat trying to play like I am on my current computer withough using Mods and it would nver work well.I've seen NPC's sying after getting into one too many fights in one visit and too many fights breaking out on community lots before switching over to UC and starting to use Mods.I've got most of these issues Modded out of my game and can safely play the way I like to.
Forum Resident
#50 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 11:07 PM
I'm sorry for your loss, AndrewGloria.
Page 2 of 3