Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Music to their ears - 11 new radio stations and 4 add-on packs!

by Nasenfahrrad Posted 29th Jun 2022 at 10:30 AM - Updated 3rd Jul 2022 at 10:32 AM by Nasenfahrrad

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 4:06 PM
is there any way you could like merge all the songs into one file? I tried using Sims 3 Dashboard and it says they conflict if I put more than one of theses files in packages folder?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AnthonyByers2020
is there any way you could like merge all the songs into one file? I tried using Sims 3 Dashboard and it says they conflict if I put more than one of theses files in packages folder?

I have all the files seperate in my game and they do not conflict with one another, so you should be safe to go putting them into your game seperately as well. I can still look into merging the files though, no problem

Are you looking for translations of mods or catalogue descriptions?
I am a professional translator and interpreter for English-German and French-German.
Ask me if you need a translation into or from one of these three langauges, I'd love to provide! :)
Test Subject
#4 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nasenfahrrad
I have all the files separate in my game and they do not conflict with one another, so you should be safe to go putting them into your game seperately as well. I can still look into merging the files though, no problem
if you use Sims 3 Dashboard it tell you they conflict if you put the music files in the packages folder.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 6:20 PM
Is there any way to swap what station a song is? Like if I wanted to have your millennium pop added to the base game pop and make one behemoth station, is there some way to do that? (Broadcaster's downside is that you can't make a custom station your sim's favorite music and expanding pop and electronica even further would be nice since they get used so much).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 7:33 PM

The merged package works, but it is over 800 MB in size. I can't upload the file here because it is too large and multi-part archives are unsupported, so I requested an account on SimFileShare. As soon as I can upload the merged file there, I'll update the post and share the download link

Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala
Is there any way to swap what station a song is? Like if I wanted to have your millennium pop added to the base game pop and make one behemoth station, is there some way to do that? (Broadcaster's downside is that you can't make a custom station your sim's favorite music and expanding pop and electronica even further would be nice since they get used so much).

Yeah, I could certainly do that, no problem. However, in order to not bloat the download section of this post even further, I'd go ahead and post the add-on pack for the Pop station to SimFileShare as well. I hope that's okay

I am a professional translator and interpreter for English-German and French-German.
Ask me if you need a translation into or from one of these three langauges, I'd love to provide! :)
Test Subject
#7 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 8:37 PM
if you use Sims 3 Dashboard it tell you they conflict if you put the music files in the packages folder.

Ignore that. It's completely fine. The Dashboard will throw false positives all the time, especially with packages that modify the same resource, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are conflicting with each other. Nothing to worry about with these. The creator of the Broadcaster tool has further clarified this on the mod page and in his comments!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 30th Jun 2022 at 12:14 AM
Yeah, I could certainly do that, no problem. However, in order to not bloat the download section of this post even further, I'd go ahead and post the add-on pack for the Pop station to SimFileShare as well. I hope that's okay

Thank you very much
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#9 Old 30th Jun 2022 at 1:37 PM
Every single radio station listed here SLAPS. Thank you for doing God's work, always wanted these TS2 tunes in the game. Keep calm and listen to reggae <3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Jul 2022 at 10:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala
Thank you very much

Whew, I finally came around to fulfil your wish Sorry it took so long!
The post is now updated with a link to my brandnew folder on SimFileShare where you can download the Pop_AddOn package

I uploaded to the same folder your requested all-in-one package as well. However, because it is a total of 835 MB in size, it had to be done as a multi-part download. Be sure to download all five parts for it to work!

Quote: Originally posted by MissPat
Every single radio station listed here SLAPS. Thank you for doing God's work, always wanted these TS2 tunes in the game. Keep calm and listen to reggae <3

Aww, thank you so so much for the kind words :lovestruc I'm glad you like my download this much! I'm also already planning on bringing back even more additional stations, so if you have any specific wishes and requests, let me know!

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 3rd Jul 2022 at 8:59 PM
is there anyway you can add New Wave, Techno and Classical from Sims 2 as radio stations?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 4th Jul 2022 at 6:45 PM
is there anyway you can add New Wave, Techno and Classical from Sims 2 as radio stations?

As I said, I'm working on a second pack of completely new as well as expanded stations, those three are going to be part of it Stay tuned (no pun intended) :D

Test Subject
#13 Old 6th Jul 2022 at 10:04 PM
Thanks for more stations! But, due to what you wrote in the description, did you not know you could put your own mp3 files (I tried m4a, doesn't work) into the Custom Music folder, so that it would play in-game 'custom music' radio Station?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th Jul 2022 at 10:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Notherelong28
Thanks for more stations! But, due to what you wrote in the description, did you not know you could put your own mp3 files (I tried m4a, doesn't work) into the Custom Music folder, so that it would play in-game 'custom music' radio Station?

You're welcome!
And yes, I do in fact know that this is possible, but it always felt unneccessarily restricting to me. I like that the music is seperated into different genres/stations and want to keep it that way. If I dumped all of the tracks into the Custom Music station, it would be a messy mix of genres and music. Some might like that, but I prefer it the way I did it with custom stations

Test Subject
#15 Old 6th Aug 2022 at 10:25 PM
The Sims 2's R&B songs in a Romance radio station?! This is so incorrect, if Romance is like an R&B format, we'll never get an R&B radio station for The Sims 4, so that's why Romance station contains elements of love-themed folk, soul, and pop ballad. R&B station that appears in The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 should have slow jam R&B songs instead of being... Aw shucks! Look! Sorry if I say this, but when I installed The Sims 3 Pets, R&B station should have 5 R&B songs from The Sims 2 base game
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 10th Aug 2022 at 9:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jeremia-lecato
The Sims 2's R&B songs in a Romance radio station?! This is so incorrect, if Romance is like an R&B format, we'll never get an R&B radio station for The Sims 4, so that's why Romance station contains elements of love-themed folk, soul, and pop ballad. R&B station that appears in The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 should have slow jam R&B songs instead of being... Aw shucks! Look! Sorry if I say this, but when I installed The Sims 3 Pets, R&B station should have 5 R&B songs from The Sims 2 base game

The reason why I put the Sims 2 R&B songs into the new Romance station is because, in my opinion, they fit right in there from the sound of it. However, if you want to, I can create a download that adds these Sims 2 R&B songs to the Sims 3 Pets R&B station It would be available on my SimFileShare. Thank you for your feedback!

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 20th Sep 2022 at 3:15 AM
Thank you for share it with us! Are you interested in making a mod that allows sims to sing custom songs (with the singer profession of showtime dlc)
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 29th Oct 2022 at 8:06 AM
The merged package works, but it is over 800 MB in size. I can't upload the file here because it is too large and multi-part archives are unsupported, so I requested an account on SimFileShare. As soon as I can upload the merged file there, I'll update the post and share the download link

This merged package file... If I don't have one of the expansions or stuff packs listed (in my case, 70's, 80's, and 90's stuff) what would happen?
Test Subject
#19 Old 22nd May 2023 at 4:02 AM
The reason why I put the Sims 2 R&B songs into the new Romance station is because, in my opinion, they fit right in there from the sound of it. However, if you want to, I can create a download that adds these Sims 2 R&B songs to the Sims 3 Pets R&B station It would be available on my SimFileShare. Thank you for your feedback!

Have you done that yet? I would love to see this, I’m a huge fan of early 00s RnB and sims 2 RnB hits the spot!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 29th May 2023 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sheepymooo
Have you done that yet? I would love to see this, I’m a huge fan of early 00s RnB and sims 2 RnB hits the spot!

I've had a hard drive crash back in January that made me lose all my data, but I am working on a new and improved version of all of my Music To Their Ears mods, so I'll be updating the packages and adding the wished version asap

Test Subject
#21 Old 29th May 2023 at 8:27 PM
I've had a hard drive crash back in January that made me lose all my data, but I am working on a new and improved version of all of my Music To Their Ears mods, so I'll be updating the packages and adding the wished version asap

omggg yaaay!! I'm excited to see