Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Stop Howling in CAS!

by FoxyThePirate2704 Posted 1st Jul 2022 at 1:40 PM - Updated 17th Apr 2023 at 3:23 PM by FoxyThePirate2704

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 1st Jul 2022 at 3:44 PM
Oh thank god
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 1st Jul 2022 at 9:32 PM
Thank you so much! I rather endure the jumpy animation than having to hear that howl ever again in CAS. EA, seriously? Why you do be like dat with all occults?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 1st Jul 2022 at 9:41 PM
Thank you so much! Can you please do somthing like this for the Spellcasters aswell?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2022 at 5:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Camo 04
Thank you so much! Can you please do somthing like this for the Spellcasters aswell?

Sure! I've almost never player with spellcasters, I tought this was an issue that only werewolves have, but if that's the case for every occoult, I would do it then
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2022 at 6:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FoxyThePirate2704
Sure! I've almost never player with spellcasters, I tought this was an issue that only werewolves have, but if that's the case for every occoult, I would do it then

So... for some weird reason, the spellcasters are the only occult that does not have a specific CAS idle animation (even mermaids have a separate animation from CAS that is not used in-game), it uses one from in-game, so if I remove that animation, there will be pose T animations in-game
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 2nd Jul 2022 at 1:48 PM
Ive been dreaming for this mod. Any chance you can turn the sound off too
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 2nd Jul 2022 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FoxyThePirate2704
So... for some weird reason, the spellcasters are the only occult that does not have a specific CAS idle animation (even mermaids have a separate animation from CAS that is not used in-game), it uses one from in-game, so if I remove that animation, there will be pose T animations in-game

So the animation where they make such a magic ball can't be removed? Thats weird... But still I appreciate the efforts
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 3rd Jul 2022 at 12:24 AM
Can you please make one for Vampires and Mermaids too!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 3rd Jul 2022 at 12:45 AM
Thank you thank you thank you & thank you again!!! This was driving me absolutely nuts! It was annoying trying to do much of anything in CAS & the worst was trying to "draw" on a constantly moving & howling werewolf!! Aaaarrrrggghhh!!! This mod will be used and very much appreciated. Thank you for sharing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 3rd Jul 2022 at 1:52 AM
could you make reduce how often they howl it is Klinda of cute just happens to often
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 3rd Jul 2022 at 6:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Camo 04
So the animation where they make such a magic ball can't be removed? Thats weird... But still I appreciate the efforts

The animation can't be removed for CAS, you would have to remove entirely
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd Jul 2022 at 6:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JungleSim

I found this for the mermaids, hope it works
https://modthesims.info/d/629736/no...-animation.html
And for the vampires this
https://modthesims.info/d/610386/st...owling-cas.html
Theorist
#14 Old 3rd Jul 2022 at 7:27 AM
Oh. Werewolf sim howls so loud he even wakes up my kids. T-pose looks like a glitch and looks annoying too. Unless that does not wakes up kids, I'll use it. But it is so so solution to overhaul the loud loop animation by the fulminant loop one. :/

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 3rd Jul 2022 at 1:39 PM
YOU ARE A GOD!! I WILL WORSHIP YOU ... for a while. LOL! Thank You.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 3rd Jul 2022 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zebarothdarklord
could you make reduce how often they howl it is Klinda of cute just happens to often

I didn't find any tuning file inside the game that controls the CAS idle animations, so, i think that is not possible without scripting
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 3rd Jul 2022 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
Oh. Werewolf sim howls so loud he even wakes up my kids. T-pose looks like a glitch and looks annoying too. Unless that does not wakes up kids, I'll use it. But it is so so solution to overhaul the loud loop animation by the fulminant loop one. :/

I think you would like the new update then
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 3rd Jul 2022 at 7:52 PM
Mod Updated!
Are you tired of your lycanthrope not stopping howling in the CAS preventing you from editing it?

Well, this simple mod replaces the CAS howl animation with an empty animation, so it basically skips the howl. | UPDATE : The Howl is replaced with the default Male & Female CAS idle animations

If you're updating from the previous version in wich the sim glitches for a couple of seconds in CAS, remember to delete the old files of the mod!

Known Bugs:
-> When the game makes the sim howl in the CAS there is no animation to use so the sim stays in T pose for a couple of milliseconds Solved!
-> If you use a mod that makes the sim not move in CAS this might make your werewolves sims move for a couple of seconds occasionaly
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 3rd Jul 2022 at 9:50 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I'm loving the pack but that howling was getting quite annoying, I muted my PC after awhile because I can spend a long time in CAS and that was just too much! Lol
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 4th Jul 2022 at 3:07 PM
Thank you , how annoying it is! Glad to be able to have it gone
Field Researcher
#21 Old 4th Jul 2022 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JungleSim

@Camo_04 @JungleSim This has an Occults Only Version where it blocks only the occult animations from playing (vampires growling, mermaids giggling, spellcasters casting, werewolves howling): https://modthesims.info/d/630172/st...-shooksims.html

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Test Subject
#22 Old 10th Jul 2022 at 10:11 PM
As much as I love werewolves, I was very upset EA did them dirty with this particular "quirk" they tend to give occults. Which is annoying idle animations + noises every 5 seconds. I started using the casclockspeed 0 cheat to stop my werewolf from howling, but it eventually stopped working. As in, my werewolf sim didn't move, they'd stand as still as a statue and their jaw would open as they let out a howl, which was eerie. This mod was exactly what I needed for my game, the animation weresims now play is just a tad bit awkward cause they clip into a slanted position and smile instead of howling, however, I will gladly take that over obsessively howling every 5 seconds. Thank you very much for this, you've saved me, and a lot of other werewolf players from a massive headache.
Test Subject
#23 Old 28th Aug 2022 at 4:15 PM
Is there any way to access the older file version, the one with empty animation and T-posing? I'd like to use that one because it seems like it would work perfect for me as I use a T-pose in CAS (https://modthesims.info/d/639009/st...mp-occults.html)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 5th Jan 2023 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by R3ntarou
Is there any way to access the older file version, the one with empty animation and T-posing? I'd like to use that one because it seems like it would work perfect for me as I use a T-pose in CAS (https://modthesims.info/d/639009/st...mp-occults.html)

Sorry for the really really late reply

I do not have anymore the old version and I'm unable to do modding for now. Sorry
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 21st Apr 2023 at 5:24 PM
Hi are you on CurseForge?
Page 1 of 2