Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Beachhouse

by Lisen801 Posted 3rd Jun 2005 at 2:34 PM

84 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 80 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 4
#2 Old 4th Jun 2005 at 7:54 AM
whow, that's looking very good! *downloading* keep on with the good work!
Test Subject
#3 Old 4th Jun 2005 at 8:27 AM
It looks amazing! How did you get the pool/lake like that????
Test Subject
#4 Old 4th Jun 2005 at 8:30 AM
that looks really good
Field Researcher
#5 Old 4th Jun 2005 at 8:32 AM
What do you mean you don't know if it works? It looks like you tested it with sims. What size lot is it? How about more pics?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th Jun 2005 at 10:19 AM
Lisen801,

So, is it EP1-required? (namely, made with build tools from that EP)

It seems it works in your system, so what're the basic specifications your system has? Like CPU, RAM, OS (operating system), video card type, any game hacks?

Like, themaltesebippy, I also want to see more pix of this lot...

thanx for sharing...
It looks really "cool" in this hot summer where I live.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 4th Jun 2005 at 11:26 AM
Nice looking place. I'll try it out. Thanks Lisen 801.
Test Subject
#8 Old 4th Jun 2005 at 12:34 PM
It looks delicious! Just downloaded. I hope it'll work without E.P. Bye ... and try again!
Test Subject
#9 Old 4th Jun 2005 at 6:27 PM
I noe this was asked but where can you get the pool/lake
Test Subject
#10 Old 4th Jun 2005 at 9:49 PM
Default very cool, the miguals will love it!!
High I have a family of five their family name is the miguals and I just know their going to love this house Pretty soon as their living inside this wonderful house you've provided them I will make some home movies of their life inside the house so keep on the lookout for the migual family reunion movies coming to a simulated simtv near you and yes you'll be able to have your sims watch the movies from within the sims2 game through their tv!!

the download lynk will be called (-"the migual family reunions"-) keep a lookout for it it's coming soon!!, I'll keep you posted!!
thanx,
Chou!!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 4th Jun 2005 at 10:01 PM
Looking real good, Simjim2. I love the Beach stuff. I have one neighborhood just for summer and swimmers....
HollyEtta
Test Subject
#12 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 1:25 AM
that's hot! lol... i REALLY wanna download it.. but... well, you all can add right? you do the math:
8.33MB+56k Dial-up Modem=? what is the answer? i bet you all can figure it out...
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 1:38 AM
Great work. My Sims are going to jump right in.......:thumb:
Forum Resident
#14 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 4:09 AM
Very nice work.
Thank you
Test Subject
#15 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 9:36 AM
How can you make the Pool - Lake?
#16 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 10:28 AM
its such a bummer i cant download this. im on 56k dial up only, it'll take hours to get the download done.. is this house furnished? if so would you pretty please upload the unfurnished one, so the file size will be a bit smaller?? i really love the the swimable lake (a.k.a. pool)...looks really great, how did you do it?...
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 11:15 AM
Hello all, glad some of you like my beachhouse. I really don't know why the file is so huge?
Yes, I have University so I suppose you need it.
It is very easy to make a swimable pool like that it was just a surprise I found our how to do it.
From the beginnig it's a L-shaped pool. If you dig "inside" the L you find that there's water. That's how I got it. You can dig everywhere inside the L but not alter the poolside. But with the "boolProp constrainFloorElevation false" you can lower the poolside too. That's how I construct the "lake". I have recolorded the poolsides and with some texture on the beach you can have a natural look.
Don't touch the bottom on the pool or the sims will swim underwater. Don't forget to turn off the cheat with "boolProp constrainFloorElevation true" when you finished.
With the cheat "moveobjects on" you can place some flowers in the pool, etc...
I have a tutorial among my diaries on the swedish simsite (www.thesims.se) but it is in swedish. I'm swedish and don't speak english so good, so sorry....
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 11:17 AM
By the way...
Place the divingboard (don't know the correct name in english?) and the ladder before you alter the poolsides and dont touch the place where they are...
Well...
Test Subject
#19 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 11:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lisen801
This is my first time trying to post one of my creations. It is a small house at the shore of a swimable lake (actually a pool)...
Be kind, it's my first tyr and don't know if it works...

Wiie :D
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 11:34 AM
Yerni...

The lot works without problems for me but it's the first time I ever upload something to a site so I don't know if the uploading work...
I'm a swedish newbie you know...
Test Subject
#21 Old 6th Jun 2005 at 7:48 AM
Ok. I have a big problem with my Pool /Lake

It looks like a grrrrrrrrrr

How have you recolour the poolsite? Have you download them or do it your self.

My English is not so good. I hope you understand me a little bit
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 6th Jun 2005 at 6:23 PM
Two more pic of the house...
Screenshots
Test Subject
#23 Old 7th Jun 2005 at 12:16 AM
clever way to create the swimable lake only reason why I went to this forum. For the lake. But downloded the house but took to long so I killed it
Test Subject
#24 Old 8th Jun 2005 at 11:36 AM
you have done a good job...
i love this so much...
really thanks alot^O^
Forum Resident
#25 Old 10th Jun 2005 at 12:07 AM Last edited by Makai : 10th Jun 2005 at 12:13 AM.
Very Nice.. I love the pool/lake.. How did you do it??

Thank you for sharing

I found your explanation of how to? Sorry I ask before reading all the post.

Thank you for explaining how to do it... I am going to give it a try.. I might learn something new.. LOL
Page 1 of 4