Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Antibodies after a Sickness!

by LimeyYoshi Posted 30th Jul 2022 at 10:36 AM - Updated 13th Dec 2023 at 9:13 PM by LimeyYoshi

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 30th Jul 2022 at 2:36 PM
That's genius !
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 30th Jul 2022 at 6:35 PM
What a great idea! I am sick of my sims becoming ill every other second and interrupting real play. Especially my active ones who will never lie down in the first place. Thank you, thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 31st Jul 2022 at 9:28 AM
Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 1st Aug 2022 at 5:04 AM
Thanks, this makes disease more realistic and less tedious to get rid of!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 3rd Aug 2022 at 6:36 AM
Finally!! Thnx!
Forum Resident
#7 Old 8th Aug 2022 at 8:19 PM
That's a must have mod I really appreciate you respect Reality here.Thank you for correcting some lack of logic from EA.
I hope the antibodies are included into the mod, because I don't know where they are in game.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
that chaos-loving Yosh'
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Aug 2022 at 3:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LucieSims
That's a must have mod I really appreciate you respect Reality here.Thank you for correcting some lack of logic from EA.
I hope the antibodies are included into the mod, because I don't know where they are in game.

Bear with me please as things will get a bit technical here.

The antibodies are, in fact, an immunity token that is already included with the vanilla game. If you were to spawn the "MakeMeSick tester" in the debug menu, you could give yourself the same immunity permanently. Thus, there was no need for me to include anything, in fact, and that makes me the more surprised that nobody considered this yet!

So you can't really "find" or "buy" these antibodies, as they are an invisible token that is attached to a Sim as a sort of... memory, if you will?
This "memory" is then wiped again after 24 Sim hours, making the Sim prone to diseases again.
just a girl
THANKS POST
#9 Old 19th Aug 2022 at 12:03 PM
Thank you! The sick-healthy-sick-healthy dance was a bit ridiculous.
Test Subject
#10 Old 26th May 2023 at 9:24 PM
I'm having an issue with this mod. If two sims are sick in the same household, when the first becomes healthy then the second's sickness becomes "stuck" at its current level with no recovery points added or subtracted from that point forward. Until I exit the household and reload it.. then their sickness proceeds normally. I'm not seeing any mod conflicts other than the disease mod (and I have your compatible version).
that chaos-loving Yosh'
Original Poster
#11 Old 27th May 2023 at 12:27 AM Last edited by LimeyYoshi : 31st May 2023 at 2:29 PM.
@Latestfire

Maybe this happens because the routine literally stops doing whatever it's doing for 24 hours until the token is ready to be deleted.

If you want, try this new experimental version (which is a complete rewrite of my mod) and let me know if it changes anything, or throws any errors, or outright doesn't work at all.

EDIT (31.05.2023) to remove the file, as it is outdated.
Test Subject
#12 Old 28th May 2023 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LimeyYoshi
@Latestfire

Maybe this happens because the routine literally stops doing whatever it's doing for 24 hours until the token is ready to be deleted.

If you want, try this new experimental version (which is a complete rewrite of my mod) and let me know if it changes anything, or throws any errors, or outright doesn't work at all.

I get this error when the sim gets healthy

Object id: 26
name: Token - Antibodies
Stack size: 1
Error: No stack object present when required.
Iterations: 3
Frame 0:
Stack Object id: 0
Node: 2
Tree: id 4097 name 'Function - Main' version -32761
from Antibodies
Prim state: 0
Params: Locals:
that chaos-loving Yosh'
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th May 2023 at 8:22 PM Last edited by LimeyYoshi : 3rd Oct 2023 at 2:14 PM.
@Latestfire

Attempt two, fixed a bug. Sadly don't know how to test this myself, so I hope that bug was it...

EDIT for another new version, re-download please, this one should work, I have found a way to test (found a family with six sick Sims...) and it worked there.

EDIT 2: Removed the file. You can get the same file from the main Downloads tab.
Test Subject
#14 Old 30th May 2023 at 10:40 PM
@Latestfire

Attempt two, fixed a bug. Sadly don't know how to test this myself, so I hope that bug was it...

EDIT for another new version, re-download please, this one should work, I have found a way to test (found a family with six sick Sims...) and it worked there.

I'm still getting the same error. You can use a mod called Sim Manipulator to test it. The Health menu option allows you to make sims sick. I use it to make two sims in the same household sick. Then I make one eat grandma's comfort soup to get healthy. Then I use the mod FFS Lot Debugger for the remaining sick sim to monitor their recovery. It's under the menu Info > Show Plague Info. It shows the current sickness level (CS) and recovery points (RP).

You can private message me if you still need help trouble shooting this.
that chaos-loving Yosh'
Original Poster
#15 Old 30th May 2023 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Latestfire
I'm still getting the same error. You can use a mod called Sim Manipulator to test it. The Health menu option allows you to make sims sick. I use it to make two sims in the same household sick. Then I make one eat grandma's comfort soup to get healthy. Then I use the mod FFS Lot Debugger for the remaining sick sim to monitor their recovery. It's under the menu Info > Show Plague Info. It shows the current sickness level (CS) and recovery points (RP).

You can private message me if you still need help trouble shooting this.

Thanks for the offer, I was going to do that but I have realised I had a family of six who were all currently sick, so I used the Batbox to show the plague info as you described, and one of the Sims managed to heal, and get the immunity token without any error popping up. I have updated the file a few minutes before your post, were you using that one?
Test Subject
#16 Old 31st May 2023 at 12:35 PM
Thanks for the offer, I was going to do that but I have realised I had a family of six who were all currently sick, so I used the Batbox to show the plague info as you described, and one of the Sims managed to heal, and get the immunity token without any error popping up. I have updated the file a few minutes before your post, were you using that one?

Oh I downloaded it before the update. That fixed it. No errors and works as intended. Awesome! :-)
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Oct 2023 at 7:54 AM
Short question. :') I want to put both your mod and kestrellyn's pneumonia fix in my game. Since apparently said pneumonia fix is also part of simler90's Disease mod, do I have to use the standard version of your mod, or the one compatible with Disease mod?
that chaos-loving Yosh'
Original Poster
#18 Old 3rd Oct 2023 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChocoLoco
Short question. :') I want to put both your mod and kestrellyn's pneumonia fix in my game. Since apparently said pneumonia fix is also part of simler90's Disease mod, do I have to use the standard version of your mod, or the one compatible with Disease mod?

Hello! You can - and should - use the standard version of Antibodies After Sickness. The pneumonia fix does not conflict with my mod.
I'll update the description for clarification.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 14th Oct 2023 at 3:15 PM
This is an awesome mod! But one question- am I correct in assuming that everything you said about using your mod together with simler90's disease mod also applies if I use it with epi's edit of simler90's mod?

https://episims.tumblr.com/post/690...isease-mod-edit
that chaos-loving Yosh'
Original Poster
#20 Old 14th Oct 2023 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by quweenie
This is an awesome mod! But one question- am I correct in assuming that everything you said about using your mod together with simler90's disease mod also applies if I use it with epi's edit of simler90's mod?

https://episims.tumblr.com/post/690...isease-mod-edit

Hello! Thank you!
Yes, you are correct in this assumption. You can use the Disease Mod-compatible version with Epi's edit, too. The only BHAV I changed stays mostly unaltered.
There will be only one notable difference - and that's something epi didn't declare they changed: The "Sim is healthy again!" notification, in both simler90's mod and my compatibility patch, will only show for Sims that are in the current family. In Epi's edit, it is broadcast for every Sim, even house guests or Sims on a community lot, which may not always be desirable.
I prefer it this way, but if you want it changed back I can quickly whip up a small separate version.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 14th Oct 2023 at 5:47 PM
Hello! Thank you!
Yes, you are correct in this assumption. You can use the Disease Mod-compatible version with Epi's edit, too. The only BHAV I changed stays mostly unaltered.
There will be only one notable difference - and that's something epi didn't declare they changed: The "Sim is healthy again!" notification, in both simler90's mod and my compatibility patch, will only show for Sims that are in the current family. In Epi's edit, it is broadcast for every Sim, even house guests or Sims on a community lot, which may not always be desirable.
I prefer it this way, but if you want it changed back I can quickly whip up a small separate version.

Thank you for your reply! If it's not too much trouble, I'd take the separate version, but it's also totally okay if you don't want to do it!
Test Subject
#22 Old 9th Dec 2023 at 9:43 AM
Hello, I am using the simler90's mod version and there are some errors that arise with the antibodies after sickness, that I've attached. If I click reset, it won't stop prompting the error. I have to click delete for it to stop.

Thank you so much for your help!
Attached files:
File Type: txt  ObjectError_N001_t374125.txt (71.8 KB, 4 downloads)
File Type: txt  ObjectError_N001_t686303.txt (88.1 KB, 4 downloads)
that chaos-loving Yosh'
Original Poster
#23 Old 9th Dec 2023 at 11:29 AM
@callmesat
Thanks for the error logs, but I am already aware of this error happening (see Notes). Sadly it's a difficult mod to test properly so it takes a while to confirm my updated version (which I haven't released here yet) runs properly, but I promise I'm already working on it.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 9th Dec 2023 at 1:08 PM
Hello @LimeyYoshi!
I was testing some of your mods and I think I encountered an unknown error - First screenshot and first error log
I use the "ZZZLimeyYoshi_AntibodiesAfterSickness_DiseaseMod" one (I have the "DiseaseMod-RegularVersion-UPDATE11" from simler90).
Your mod is loading after simler90 one.

When I clicked on "Reset", I got a different error, but this one seems to be the known one (I have to delete to stop the error from appearing) - Second screenshot and second error log
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: txt  ObjectError_N005_t1298684.txt (49.4 KB, 1 downloads)
File Type: txt  ObjectError_N005_t1298864.txt (51.0 KB, 1 downloads)
that chaos-loving Yosh'
Original Poster
#25 Old 9th Dec 2023 at 8:01 PM
@Nostural
Both errors are connected. The first appears because the Main procedure runs into an error, and the second because the Init procedure (which is forced to run again when you Reset an object) can’t complete properly because the link to the Disease token, which originally spawned the Antibodies token, is lost. It’s a unique problem, I have a solution that I think works, but the testing is tedious and it’s on top of my everyday life…

Rest assured though, I am on it.
Page 1 of 2