Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[TSM > TS3] Converted Facial Expressions

by simbouquet Posted 1st Aug 2022 at 4:06 PM - Updated 24th May 2023 at 9:33 AM by simbouquet

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 21 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Inventor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 1st Aug 2022 at 4:21 PM
Wow. This is really impressive. As I was paging through your comparison shots, I noticed that the first Sad from TSM looked angry. Then I noticed you made an alternate version addressing just that.

I didn't realize until I looked at the comparison shots just how much I hate the TS3 disgust idle. I meant, what on earth did it do to the nose??

Excited to put this in my game.
Space Pony
THANKS POST
#3 Old 1st Aug 2022 at 5:12 PM
Thanks for converting those expressions.
They look much better than the original expressions !
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#4 Old 1st Aug 2022 at 5:38 PM
Yay it's here <3 One of my favorite mods released in 2022, highly recommended!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 1st Aug 2022 at 6:39 PM
Like I didn't spend hour making my handsome sim just to have him pull weird faces at me, this is so appreciated!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 1st Aug 2022 at 9:47 PM
Thank youu, some of these were really a ~*~c h o i c e~*~
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 1st Aug 2022 at 9:57 PM
This is actually very impressive! Makes such a huge difference in-game, thanks a ton!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 1st Aug 2022 at 11:23 PM
(dances with glee) - yay, this awesome mod finally made it to MTS!! Can't wait to pop this gem into my game and have much better looking idles now - thank you so much, simbouquet!!
Space Pony
THANKS POST
#9 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 3:45 AM
This is going to sound stupid, but would you consider uploading separated packages to mix and match? Sorry if not. Thank you~
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#10 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 11:52 AM
Oooh these look really cute and natural, thanks!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 3:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Airazor65
This is going to sound stupid, but would you consider uploading separated packages to mix and match? Sorry if not. Thank you~

No worries!

I've exported the individual expressions from the packages and divided them into three folders: "ALL" has all the expressions shared by both versions of the mod, "MAIN" has the specific expressions edited by the main version, and "ALT" has the specific expressions edited by the alternate version.

Get the zip file here: https://simfil.es/3343881/
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 2nd Aug 2022 at 5:54 PM
It's in my game and I love it !
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 3rd Aug 2022 at 1:16 AM
wow this is really neat!! the sims medieval expressions look so much more natural!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 3rd Aug 2022 at 4:35 PM
no wayyy! this mod has to be amazing
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 3rd Aug 2022 at 5:03 PM
Love this! A gamechanger, honestly!! The expression in TS3 has always been ugly to me and this really fixes that!! <3
Test Subject
#16 Old 5th Aug 2022 at 12:02 AM
does this go in the overrides folder or the packages one?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 5th Aug 2022 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maryajoao
does this go in the overrides folder or the packages one?

Either one will work! If you want to be sure it'll load, you can go ahead and place the mod in your Overrides.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator THANKS POST
#18 Old 5th Aug 2022 at 12:56 PM
Wooh it's out! What a great thing to return to after a holiday!
Space Pony
#19 Old 5th Aug 2022 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simbouquet
No worries!

I've exported the individual expressions from the packages and divided them into three folders: "ALL" has all the expressions shared by both versions of the mod, "MAIN" has the specific expressions edited by the main version, and "ALT" has the specific expressions edited by the alternate version.

Get the zip file here: https://simfil.es/3343881/

Oh, cool! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 5th Aug 2022 at 3:54 PM
Thank you! Sims in Medieval are so beautiful... I hope more mods making TS3's Sims more similar to them come out soon!
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#21 Old 5th Aug 2022 at 5:14 PM
Quick note which I've noticed happening with this mod, which is that whenever my sim is happy, or angry (so doing the idling face), and then talking to whoever/phone call. It's no big deal, bcause I know the game has a tendancy to this anyways, but I figured I'd report it

Here's an example of that:

Other than that, I've been really loving how my sims don't have any odd glitches to their face (or well, animation decisions that just don't feel that great, like the lifted nostrils and eyelashes inside their heads :p)
Screenshots
Test Subject
#22 Old 6th Aug 2022 at 6:00 PM
I love this mod! It conflicts with my default skins though and causes the head to be a different color from the body
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 6th Aug 2022 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Quick note which I've noticed happening with this mod, which is that whenever my sim is happy, or angry (so doing the idling face), and then talking to whoever/phone call. It's no big deal, bcause I know the game has a tendancy to this anyways, but I figured I'd report it

Here's an example of that:

Other than that, I've been really loving how my sims don't have any odd glitches to their face (or well, animation decisions that just don't feel that great, like the lifted nostrils and eyelashes inside their heads :p)

Lovely screenshots Lyralei!! I've had a facial expression get stuck on me once as well, but I didn't know if it was caused by having the mod or if it was a game issue. Still, I'm glad you enjoy the mod! :lovestruc

Quote: Originally posted by DMauve
I love this mod! It conflicts with my default skins though and causes the head to be a different color from the body

Are we sure this mod causes that? I only included new animations, so nothing in these files should be glitching your skin out. What does your issue look like exactly? And have you checked that you don't have any other conflicting skins or bad CC that might be discoloring your Sim's body?
Theorist
#24 Old 8th Aug 2022 at 7:41 AM
Once EA "invented" emotions system for The Sims 4, I had to show them The Sims 3 emotions which are also exist.
I think these emotions are good. Subtle changes for better. Though The Sims 4 dummies are much more overboard in comparison. LOL. I wish to have your emotions system in The Sims 4.
Screenshots

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 11th Aug 2022 at 6:23 PM
Thank you so much for this!
Page 1 of 2