Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Digitigrade Werewolves (Override)

by EachUisge Posted 7th Aug 2022 at 5:39 PM - Updated 2nd Jul 2023 at 9:15 PM by EachUisge

53 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 43 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 7th Aug 2022 at 6:25 PM
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 9th Aug 2022 at 2:59 AM
Absolute Legend. Thank you a million.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 11th Aug 2022 at 2:54 AM
Perfect work! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2022 at 12:09 PM
thanx ; )
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 16th Sep 2022 at 10:21 AM
Thanks for this!

Maybe you could make this compatible with the existing ankle mesh locations, and then also use this alongside a slider mod (i.e. similar to this: https://modthesims.info/d/668496/an...gle-slider.html) to create the angled appearance?

This could save on a lot of work in having to rework all the clothing.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Sep 2022 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peartreeisms
Thanks for this!

Maybe you could make this compatible with the existing ankle mesh locations, and then also use this alongside a slider mod (i.e. similar to this: https://modthesims.info/d/668496/an...gle-slider.html) to create the angled appearance?

This could save on a lot of work in having to rework all the clothing.

Good thought, but won't work with the way I made the legs, unfortunately; for one thing everything from the hocks down is entirely new mesh, I couldn't get the shape I wanted in decent quality by just warping the existing leg. for another I want more control over how the pants look, and to be able to manually fix any weirdness so they look natural and don't stretch weirdly (there are also some pants I want covering the full leg, and some that I think would look much better ending at the hocks, which is another thing I can't do with sliders). I did try early on in the process to have the ankles line up with the vanilla ones for assorted reasons but it made the center of balance look off so I gave that up pretty quick.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 18th Oct 2022 at 1:07 AM
PLEASE make this mod compatible with cmar werewolf dimorphism?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Oct 2022 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nathanmikael
PLEASE make this mod compatible with cmar werewolf dimorphism?

if it's a thing a lot of people want I'll look into it, but I don't use the dimorphism mod (and actually was relieved that they went the androgynous route for once) so I don't know anything about how it was made or how much work that would entail. so definitely not a no, but it does depend on how complicated it would be to do.

I partly say this because I recently set out to make my satyr legs compatible with another mod and thought it would be a quick fix and then it turned out to be a complex and potentially impossible task.
Test Subject
#10 Old 24th Oct 2022 at 1:44 PM
Do I need to install both files?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th Oct 2022 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalBirb
Do I need to install both files?

You don't need to, it will still work fine without the overlay. All the overlay package does is add an optional texture that gives the paws a bit more definition, but it also makes that area unpaintable so it's a matter of preference.
Test Subject
#12 Old 1st Nov 2022 at 2:42 AM
Hi EachUisge, I love your work .
I found a Little bug: In zoom out/move camera the Digitigrade Legs disappear. I hope you can fix it. Again thanks you for make this spectacular mod.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 1st Nov 2022 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FurrySim44
Hi EachUisge, I love your work .
I found a Little bug: In zoom out/move camera the Digitigrade Legs disappear. I hope you can fix it. Again thanks you for make this spectacular mod.

ah yeah I actually just noticed that a couple days ago lol, turns out I forgot to do the LODs. I'll get a fix up soon.
Test Subject
#14 Old 28th Nov 2022 at 8:05 PM
Hey, so I've spent the last hour trying to install this mod and it's not working?? Is there any conflicts maybe with other mods? I'm not sure how to tell that myself but it's kinda frustrating because, no shade to any other mod creators, this is the only werewolf feet mod that I like the look of. I don't want to download any others because to me they just look weird. For context, I downloaded and installed the mod exactly how I've done with every other mod I've used, but despite being installed correctly it doesn't show up on the cc screen that pops up when you start the game. I'd really appreciate any help you could offer, since i really want to use the mod.
Test Subject
#15 Old 5th Dec 2022 at 4:49 AM
i really want to use these cause they are great but the wolf feet are not attached to the body? idk if it has to do with this whole "wolves have shoes" nonsense glitch but I wanted you to know. Really want to use them tho!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 5th Dec 2022 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simslover5757
Hey, so I've spent the last hour trying to install this mod and it's not working?? Is there any conflicts maybe with other mods? I'm not sure how to tell that myself but it's kinda frustrating because, no shade to any other mod creators, this is the only werewolf feet mod that I like the look of. I don't want to download any others because to me they just look weird. For context, I downloaded and installed the mod exactly how I've done with every other mod I've used, but despite being installed correctly it doesn't show up on the cc screen that pops up when you start the game. I'd really appreciate any help you could offer, since i really want to use the mod.

The only mods I know of that these conflict with are other werewolf body replacers; they should just automatically show up on all werewolves. Best advice I can offer is to try removing every mod except the werewolf legs and see if they work then (and if they do, start adding your mods/cc back in one folder at a time and use process of elimination to find out what's breaking).

If that doesn't help you may need to try a support forum, unfortunately I'm not great with installation-level troubleshooting if I can't replicate the problem. Hope it works out!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 5th Dec 2022 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by manicenby
i really want to use these cause they are great but the wolf feet are not attached to the body? idk if it has to do with this whole "wolves have shoes" nonsense glitch but I wanted you to know. Really want to use them tho!

Are you putting clothes on your wolves? The legs aren't compatible with lower body clothing because of the way the mesh is shaped. If it's a problem on naked wolves I'd try removing any other werewolf-related mods to see if that fixes it, that will at least tell you whether it's a conflict or something else.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 10th Feb 2023 at 12:56 PM
These look a little better than the ones I made when the pack first launched. I'm too lazy to rework mine at the moment, so I'll grab these. I thought about working a wolf foot into an 'under the pants' kind of boot to work with clothes. That might be something to consider if you get 'itchy fingers' or toes, in this case... lol.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 14th Feb 2023 at 9:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebud1773
These look a little better than the ones I made when the pack first launched. I'm too lazy to rework mine at the moment, so I'll grab these. I thought about working a wolf foot into an 'under the pants' kind of boot to work with clothes. That might be something to consider if you get 'itchy fingers' or toes, in this case... lol.

Thanks, as it happens I'm actually working on creating digitigrade versions of at minimum the werewolf pack pants/bottoms that work with these legs. I did try some finagling with the paw mesh but wasn't happy with the result, but I do definitely want people to have at least some clothing options for these legs.
Test Subject
#20 Old 2nd Mar 2023 at 5:47 AM
i dont suppose there is any progress on the legs working with clothes?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 2nd Mar 2023 at 6:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hotbread100
i dont suppose there is any progress on the legs working with clothes?

I've started properly working on the project now that the leg meshes are at a point I'm happy with, but it's going to take a while. In summary, the werewolf pack alone has (based on a quick google) about fifteen total lower and fullbody clothing items for teen-elder. For each of those I have to edit the same item for both masc and fem frame, and for each frame there are four LODs per item. That brings the fifteen items up to 240 individual edits just for the werewolf pack. Let alone the base game or additional packs (though I do intend to do those eventually).

So progress is being made, but it's inherently not a speedy project.
Test Subject
#22 Old 2nd Mar 2023 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EachUisge
I've started properly working on the project now that the leg meshes are at a point I'm happy with, but it's going to take a while. In summary, the werewolf pack alone has (based on a quick google) about fifteen total lower and fullbody clothing items for teen-elder. For each of those I have to edit the same item for both masc and fem frame, and for each frame there are four LODs per item. That brings the fifteen items up to 240 individual edits just for the werewolf pack. Let alone the base game or additional packs (though I do intend to do those eventually).

So progress is being made, but it's inherently not a speedy project.

dang, you got a lot of work on your hands! i cant imagine how hard it is to make mods like this, has there been any thought to if there could be a way to make it work with modded clothing? im trying to give my wolves tails and the mod i tried caused the broken floating ankle since they used a long legged invisible pants thing(so i decided to go with spinning plumbob's paintable tails)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 2nd Mar 2023 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hotbread100
dang, you got a lot of work on your hands! i cant imagine how hard it is to make mods like this, has there been any thought to if there could be a way to make it work with modded clothing? im trying to give my wolves tails and the mod i tried caused the broken floating ankle since they used a long legged invisible pants thing(so i decided to go with spinning plumbob's paintable tails)

For cc clothes it's down to individual creators to make compatible versions if they want to (which would involve exporting the legs I made and going through the same process I'm using with the vanilla clothes). I don't have any control over that and I'm an extremely small creator whose stuff isn't well known or widely used by any metric, so cc clothes are very unlikely to have a compatible version unless the creator is open to requests and you ask specifically for that.
Test Subject
#24 Old 17th Mar 2023 at 8:27 AM
Default its not working..
Hey, it doesn't work, I even took out all the mods except yours but unfortunately it doesn't work..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 17th Mar 2023 at 9:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pinkyxyx
Hey, it doesn't work, I even took out all the mods except yours but unfortunately it doesn't work..

Sorry but you're gonna have to be a lot more specific about how and under what circumstances they don't work so I can try to replicate/troubleshoot the issue. That could mean a staggering number of things.
Page 1 of 3