Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Aug 2022 at 4:38 AM
Default Hello! I'm New To Modding And I Need Some Help...
I want to make a mod similar to the "On A Dark Leyline" lot trait in game. I have Python, Notepad++, Sims 4 Studio and Mod Constructor. I want to make my lot trait be similar in that it would produce multiple offspring (possibly more than just two or three) from a pregnancy who have occult life states but I want it to have chances for every (occult) life state that exists- humans, aliens, merpeople, spellcasters, vampires and werewolves. Unfortunately, I am not very good at understanding coding easily. It takes me a lot of practice before I start to memorize how to write/change codes. I really hope Pekesims does not mind but I tried taking a look at the code they used in their mod there just to see if by looking, I could find out what they changed to improve the odds for sextuplets but I was unfortunately unable to find anything that led to a breakthrough for myself. I have also messaged Pekesims asking for their help but it seems that they have not logged in in some time so I don't know if I can count on them.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Thank you in advance! :D
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 21st Aug 2022 at 5:16 AM
Just going to bump this up (hopefully).
Test Subject
#3 Old 22nd Aug 2022 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LydiaJoystickDeetz
I want to make a mod similar to the "On A Dark Leyline" lot trait in game. I have Python, Notepad++, Sims 4 Studio and Mod Constructor. I want to make my lot trait be similar in that it would produce multiple offspring (possibly more than just two or three) from a pregnancy who have occult life states but I want it to have chances for every (occult) life state that exists- humans, aliens, merpeople, spellcasters, vampires and werewolves. Unfortunately, I am not very good at understanding coding easily. It takes me a lot of practice before I start to memorize how to write/change codes. I really hope Pekesims does not mind but I tried taking a look at the code they used in their mod there just to see if by looking, I could find out what they changed to improve the odds for sextuplets but I was unfortunately unable to find anything that led to a breakthrough for myself. I have also messaged Pekesims asking for their help but it seems that they have not logged in in some time so I don't know if I can count on them.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Thank you in advance! :D

Pregnancy in The Sims 4 is very complicated and this seems like a difficult mod to make. I usually start trying to make a mod by going to Sims 4 Studio -> Tools -> Extract Tuning... because that allows you to look at all the games XML files to try to see how they work. I found out that the chance of multiple offspring is determined by the file "sims.pregnancy.pregnancy_tracker". I couldn't find anything about occults but I think a lot of the stuff I'm missing might be found in the Python files. I'll link the tutorial I use for making python scripts and a trait inheritance mod that might help with what you're trying to make. I hope this information helps you somehow in your modding endeavors